4 replies to this topic

#1 polaroid

polaroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hi,

sorry - might be a dumb question, but all the time I read something about Plex and Xbox. So is it possible to stream Plex on OS X to the Xbox 360?

Thanks for the help.

#2 steveybaby

steveybaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hi polaroid, dont worry about dumb questions....we'll try and be gentle with you...

You can't stream from plex to an xbox.
The link between plex and the xbox is that plex is based on an opensource software project originally intended for the old xbox.

If you have shared network resources - for example a shared windows network drive - you can stream the movies/shows you have on that drive to BOTh plex and your 360. Both are effectively doing the same thing, they are a front end onto your movie files.

However, Plex does a good job of it and the xbox does not.

#3 polaroid

polaroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hi steveybaby,

thanks for the reply. Well I actually already stream my movies & shows to my Xbox using Connect360. But since .mkv doesn't work and I want to play 1080p files on my TV, too, I found out about Plex, which I think is really cool to organize movies and shows. Well, I know I'll have to connect my Mac via HDMI to the TV to use Plex on it, I just hoped there would have been a way to do this via the wireless network.

But thanks anyway, cable will do (;

#4 raseri

raseri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:01 AM

Hi steveybaby,

thanks for the reply. Well I actually already stream my movies & shows to my Xbox using Connect360. But since .mkv doesn't work and I want to play 1080p files on my TV, too, I found out about Plex, which I think is really cool to organize movies and shows. Well, I know I'll have to connect my Mac via HDMI to the TV to use Plex on it, I just hoped there would have been a way to do this via the wireless network.

But thanks anyway, cable will do (;

There is a workaround for .mkv through Connect360.

http://www.joostteam...g-from-mac-osx/

#5 spade

spade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

I know this does not help your situation, polaroid but in case anybody does a search and comes across this thread I wanted to mention that you can stream music from Plex to Xbox 360 via UPNP. Setup is simple as turning it on, creating your shares. 360 sees it without even thinking about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users