21 replies to this topic

#1 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Hi everyone,

If you're as obsessed with screen real state as me, you might find this useful. It's a really simple chrome extension that performs the exact same way as the official bookmarklet of myPlex.
With this extension you'll be able to queue any video with a single click on a button in the main address bar, allowing you to have the bookmarks bar hidden.

It's already posted in the Chrome web store: https://chrome.googl...fnncddgkiibboil

I just coded it really quick, and not really thinking of extending it in any way soon. If you think of any great features missing or would like to polish the extension, just let me know and I'll send you the sources etc.

Hope you guys like it!
Guille
  • furby, vicariousMe, madsmith and 1 other like this

#2 Benni-chan

Benni-chan

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

did you realize, that your uid is hardcoded in the bookmarklet? i believe, i just added something into your queue :)

the idea is great, but an extension would need to be configurable for every user to set their user id...

#3 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Lol, I uploaded the wrong version :D

That's the point of 45-min releases, have the users to test it :D

I'll be uploading it again in a sec.

#4 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

The appropriate version is up and running now.

It doesn't need configuration, the myPlex sidebar looks for the uid itself, if the parameter is missing.

It will only work if there's an active session in myPlex, otherwise it won't do anything.

For a moment I considered not uploading the corrected version... I already had like 20 great videos to see in my queue :D

#5 tassitassi

tassitassi

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

woho. works great :) thanks! does anyone know if its possible to move the app icon to the left side of the adress bar?

#6 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Wow, 130 users so far... thank you guys!

Can you think of more features you'd like to see in the extension?

#7 bucketachicken

bucketachicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

Wow, 130 users so far... thank you guys!

Can you think of more features you'd like to see in the extension?

Maybe a direct link to the queue page? -- https://my.plexapp.com/queue

Thanks for writing the extension -- I appreciate it a lot!

Is there any way the button can be set to use a specific myPlex account even if you're not signed in? I don't know if the extension just uses the cookie from myPlex, or something else. I ask because my Chrome extensions are synced to a few computers, and while my personal laptop has a few logins saved, some do not, like my work computer, so the extension wouldn't work there. Regardless, thank you again!

Plex Media Server: Early 2009 Mac Mini 3,1 - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo P7350 - 8GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
NAS for Media: Synology DS410, 4x3TB Hitachi Deskstar 5400 RPM drives
Main Plex Media Client: Same as PMS, with Yamaha RX-V667, Samsung UN55EH6000, Klipsch KF-26 & KC-25, Harmony 900
Other Plex Clients: Roku 2 XS, Galaxy S III, Nexus 7, Win8 on Asus G75VW

#8 Soul

Soul

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

Works for me. Very useful thanks!

#9 David S

David S

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1396 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for this guillelle. For some reason my bookmarklet has stopped working today, and just takes me to my queue. I thought to myself 'I bet someone in the Plex community has made a Chrome extension' and indeed you have =) Cheers!

Server: RSV-L4500 Rack Mounted Chassis / 4TBx15 Internal / i7 3.9GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 TP

Local Clients: Roku 3 / Sony NSZ-GT1 / Chromecast / Apple TV / Custom PC / Mac Mini / FireTV / Fire TV Stick / XBOX One / Samsung

Main Interface:  LG 60" 60PK540 Plasma TV / Onkyo TX-NR727 7.2 AVR / Polk TSi Speakers / Mini PC & PHT  / Harmony Hub

Mobile Clients: Droid Turbo / iPhone 6+ / Nexus 7 v2 / iPad 3 / Kindle Fire HD / Dell Venue Pro / Samsung Tab S 10.5

Remote Clients:  A dozen or so friends and family members, mostly using Roku 3's

Network:  250Mb Symmetrical Fiber

#10 holzi

holzi

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Nice one.
What I would like is to open a new tab with my.plexapp.com when I have no active session so I can log in and add the video afterwards.

#11 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Nice one.
What I would like is to open a new tab with my.plexapp.com when I have no active session so I can log in and add the video afterwards.

I was hoping that they'll implement that in the bookmarlet sidebar. That way everything will be under direct control of the developers. If that doesn't happen, I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for the feedback!

#12 JEscHT

JEscHT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi everyone,

If you're as obsessed with screen real state as me, you might find this useful. It's a really simple chrome extension that performs the exact same way as the official bookmarklet of myPlex.
With this extension you'll be able to queue any video with a single click on a button in the main address bar, allowing you to have the bookmarks bar hidden.

It's already posted in the Chrome web store: https://chrome.googl...fnncddgkiibboil

I just coded it really quick, and not really thinking of extending it in any way soon. If you think of any great features missing or would like to polish the extension, just let me know and I'll send you the sources etc.

Hope you guys like it!
Guille

Great Job! The myPlex icon is gorgeous and this was a perfect way to showcase it. Congrats, love the usability!

JEscHT on Facebook

My Jersey Shore HT Setup

PLEX ADDICT!!!
PLEX Media Server on Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.6GHz i7, 4gb RAM, 1TB, Intel 4000 HD
2 - Mac Minis serving as PLEX Media Centers
PLEX/Web on a MacBook Pro,
PLEX Media Center on a Dell XPS,
4 - Rokus with PLEX Channel,
PLEX for Sony Internet TV Player NSZ-GS7,
PLEX for Samsung app for 2011 Samsung UN46D7000 46″ 1080p 3D LED TV,

PLEX DLNA on Xbox 360 and Sony PS3,
PLEX on iPhone 4 & 5, iPad 2, Verizon Galaxy Tablet 10.1 4G LTE, and Galaxy Nexus

#13 iMonkey

iMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

I've added this ext on my work PC. How would that work?

Thanks

#14 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

I've added this ext on my work PC. How would that work?

Thanks

First of all, you need to go to http://my.plexapp.com and login. After that, in any video page supported by MyPlex, just click on the extension button and the queue add sidebar will be shown.
  • iMonkey likes this

#15 iMonkey

iMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

First of all, you need to go to http://my.plexapp.com and login. After that, in any video page supported by MyPlex, just click on the extension button and the queue add sidebar will be shown.

Perfect! thanks :D

#16 Guest_xemino_*

Guest_xemino_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

sadly the extension no longer works for me in chrome osx beta.
the bookmarklet does a good job though.

#17 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

sadly the extension no longer works for me in chrome osx beta.
the bookmarklet does a good job though.

Same here, the extension stopped working but the bookmarklet works fine

-------------------

Running PMS on a 2.6GHz i7 MacMini

Clients include: PHT MacMini, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 6 (x2), Xbox 360, PS4, Chromecast, PlexWeb in Chrome

#18 Guest_xemino_*

Guest_xemino_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

will you be updating the chrome extension? it has been a year now.

plex crew, you should remove the link on my.plexapp.com.

#19 guillelle

guillelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

will you be updating the chrome extension? it has been a year now.

plex crew, you should remove the link on my.plexapp.com.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever update this. My current workload won't allow me to. I'll be glad to share the sources with anyone wanting to add more features.

What I don't understand is why you're asking that it's removed. I mean, AFAIK, it's still working like the first day, and with its only purpose: replace the bookmarklet with a button. Is not working for you?

#20 proflashrtist

proflashrtist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

question.. I had plex before and it worked.. decent enough...  

I had to re-install my OS and now when I hit the plex button on either chrome or IE.. nothing happens... any ideas?