• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#41 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

Unfortunately still no love for me... I used AppZapper and got rid of Plex, then I searched for anything plex related and deleted that. Finally I repaired permissions and restarted the box.

Even after reinstall I am getting the green dot followed by "Server is mapped to port 32400 (my.external.ip.here)" but yet no listing on the myPlex website...

I know the port is available since I can telnet to it on the external IP.... wonder what to try next.

#42 whoshoo

whoshoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

There has to be a better way than completely uninstalling (appzapper, etc) and reinstalling. Especially if some of your media doesn't play well with the metadata agents on plex (It's a huge pain to fix my office seasons). Honestly at this point I can do without publishing my server, but it would be nice whenever I leave to visit my parents to have access to my media.

#43 Iztok67

Iztok67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi
I have "Server is mapped to port 32400" with a green light, followed by "myPlex was unable to connect to your server" error. I have tried 5 reinstals, completly disabling any firewall (and similar) software etc... and nothing help.

I use Vista x64, myplex ver. 0.9.5.0 -dc1de23

I t dosent matter if i let myplex to chose port or if i set it to 32400.

Any ideas please?

Have a nice day

Iztok

p.s. i apologise for my english, it is not my native language

#44 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

for elan

Attached Files

#45 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

Just for continuity... I tried this a few times all with the same result.

#46 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

Oh.... and just to show it's not due to a crappy internet connection:

Posted Image

#47 Iztok67

Iztok67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

Hi
I have "Server is mapped to port 32400" with a green light, followed by "myPlex was unable to connect to your server" error. I have tried 5 reinstals, completly disabling any firewall (and similar) software etc... and nothing help.

Any ideas please?

Have a nice day

Iztok

Anibody please?

#48 oSPANNERo

oSPANNERo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hey all... looks like the problem was resolved for me tonight by a tweak put in by the devs on the my.plexapp server.

All I ended up doing was restarting the PMS and the client. Viola!

#49 Iztok67

Iztok67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hi

Any ideas please?

Have a nice day

Iztok

My problem is resolved. I didnt do anithing i just turn on my computer today and it works. I dont know why or how but it works now.

#50 dgut

dgut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

I am having this problem as well. I have tried the complete uninstall. I am surprised there has been no response from someone from Plex. Show us some love!

#51 Blip

Blip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

I was having the same issue, but got it resolved.

I had installed Plex iOS previous to the release of "myPlex" and had set up a secure password on my Plex Server at home. However, with the newest release of Plex for iOS, it wiped-out the server information in my phone to be able to access my server at home remotely. When I couldn't gain access to my server remotely (and after a considerable amount of frustration,) I disabled the "secure access" password I had set up on my Media Server at home, and I was then able to access my library remotely. That indicated to me that it was a problem of verifying my credentials between my phone and the PMS at home.

To fix the problem I did the following:
-Signed OUT of myPlex on my phone.
-Tapped the blue arrow next to the Media Server I was trying to get set up.
-Entered the Username and Password in the boxes for "credentials". ***These fields only became available once I had signed OUT of myPlex within the iOS app!!***
-Once I had entered the Username and Password there, I was able to connect to PMS remotely.
-Signed back into myPlex in iOS.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

Now, if I could only figure out why on a Windows laptop at work I can't sign into myPlex from within Plex, because it just says, "error signing in", even though I can successfully sign in on the website... <_<

Good luck!

2.4 GHz MBP, Core 2 Duo, 6GB RAM OSX 10.8.3
1.83 GHz iMac, Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM OSX 10.6.8
1.8 GHz G5, Power PC, 2GB RAM OSX 10.5.8

#52 Iztok67

Iztok67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

My problem is resolved. I didnt do anithing i just turn on my computer today and it works. I dont know why or how but it works now.

Now after it worked for one week, i get "myPlex was unable to connect to your server" error again. I didnt change anithing on my PC. Do anibody know what is going on? First, without any input from me it start working and now also without any input from me it stops.

Thank you for any answer or sugestion.

Iztok

#53 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Now after it worked for one week, i get "myPlex was unable to connect to your server" error again. I didnt change anithing on my PC. Do anibody know what is going on? First, without any input from me it start working and now also without any input from me it stops.

Try going into the preferences for your Plex Media Server, choose the myPlex tab, and either unpublish/publish or sign out/in to negotiate a new connection. It may be that your external IP at home changed and the new IP hasn't been updated to the myPlex server, so it's still trying to connect with your old IP.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#54 sleake

sleake

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

I'm having this issue as well. I have tried just about everything mentioned here. Still no luck. Before the latest version of PMS, I had DNS setup for the dynamic nature of things, had my router forwarding the port to the Plex machine and all worked as you would expect. With the new version, I sign in to myPlex on both my Plex machine and my iOS device and they connect just fine. I then try to get the iOS device to connect to my home Plex machine and no go. It tells me there is a problem authenticating.

EDIT: I figured it out for me:

What I found was that had to sign out of myPlex from both my PMS machine and my iOS device. On my iOS device I also deleted the previous connection/server that I had created. Once I did this, I then went back to the PMS machine and signed into myPlex and checked both Publish and Manual (my router was already set up to forward 32400). Then I checked my.plexapp.com to ensure it was actually there. Once I saw it was, I then went to my iOS device and logged back into myPlex. Once I did that, my PMS server popped up automatically and I didn't have to configure anything on my machine.

Everyone's issues seem a little different, so I hope this helps.

Mac Mini (Late 2011) Quad-core i7, SSD and 14.5TB external storage; Panasonic 65" Plasma; Denon AVR-3310ci

Plex Media Server  -  Plex Home Theater  -  SABnzbd  -  SickBeard  -  CouchPotato  -  Minecraft Server   

2 aTV2s with Plex 0.11.0b2 ;  1 iPhone 5, 2 iPhone 5C, 1 iPhone 5S, iPad 2nd Gen, iPad 3rd Gen - all running Plex iOS

(Yes, fanboy of Apple and Plex!!)

#55 Chibiookami86

Chibiookami86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Hello, I had been playing around with this on my own for a little while but it is about time I joined in the debug efforts. I feel like I am so close to getting this thing to work for me but at the same time it feels so far. I to am receiving the following:
  • Green light for "server mapped to port..."
  • Red light for "myPlex was unable to connect to your server"

I have noticed this though.
  • When I do not manually specify port 34200 the server gets mapped to port 10041 (IP_Address). While on the network I can open a browser and type in "IP_Address:10041". I see the Plex logo in the address bar and an XML. (A tutorial said this means it browser has communicated with the server.)
  • When I do manually specify port 34200 the server gets mapped to port 32400 but does not show an IP Address. While on network I can open a browser and type in "IP_Address:34200". I see the Plex logo in the address bar and an XML. (A tutorial said this means it browser has communicated with the server.)
*The IP Address is not a 192.168.1.###

When I use What's My IP? I am shown a different IP then the one above. I've tried using this IP from inside the network and outside the network, on both ports, and am not able to see the server.

I can see 3 different IP Addresses at one time and I wonder if this might be messing up the myPlex connecting to the server:
  • IP displayed in Plex Server (allows me to see the server via internet browser from within the network)
  • IP displayed from What's My IP?
  • IP displayed from local network 192.161.1.###.

#56 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

@Chibiookami86

It won't be possible for us to say for sure with the information you've provided, but it seems likely that you might be in a "double-NAT" situation (that link isn't specifically about Plex, but it has useful information). If this is the situation you're in, then what's happening is that the Plex Media Server (PMS) is able to negotiate connection information with the immediate network level above it, but that level is actually a middle-man between you and the "public internet", so the PMS can't get a connection all the way through. You can find some general background information in this great post by another user.

If you are, indeed, in a double-NAT situation, then the only way that a myPlex remote connection is going to work right now is to resolve your network setup so that it's no longer double-NAT.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#57 Powertowerpro

Powertowerpro

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:39 AM

Well I don't have too much to add. I have mapped my ports, and I still can't connect. I am pretty surprised none of the devs have bothered to help out in what is clearly a problem. This is great stuff, but if it doesn't work its as if it was never done to begin with. Would be nice to see some reciprocating effort given the many hours that all these people have spent trying to get this to work. I have re-installed 4-5 times on 3 different machines. I stopped short of re-installing OS X though. Kind of sucks given that I bought the iOS app.

Posted Image

EDIT: enabling UPnP Service on the router and unchecking "manually specify port" fixed the problem. I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHY MANUAL PORT FORWARDING WOULD NOT WORK!

#58 Iztok67

Iztok67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

Try going into the preferences for your Plex Media Server, choose the myPlex tab, and either unpublish/publish or sign out/in to negotiate a new connection. It may be that your external IP at home changed and the new IP hasn't been updated to the myPlex server, so it's still trying to connect with your old IP.

Thank you for your answer.

I did that numeros times without any success.
Problem is still here.
Any other idea?

Iztok

#59 jdebunt

jdebunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

Hello guys,

i tried installing plex on Win7 64bit yesterday without too much success.

I could add media through the media manager, quite fast, which was fun
i couldn't login to the media server (error while logging in) so i can't publish my server or anything
port 32400 is forwarded properly in the router
Playing files through media manager works....

On my Android device it signs in to the app, but can't find my server.

I'll try with enabling uPnP on the router, so we'll see, if not i'll just ask for a refund...

#60 penone

penone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

I'm having the same problems as others here where I get the dreaded "myplex was unable to connect to your server". It was working fine for awhile then on November 23 it stopped working. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall and even created a new account on myplex and that got it to work for a day but the next day get the same error. The following is the last part of my logs after my latest attempt to log in:

Nov 30, 2011 15:45:51 [3504] DEBUG - Request: GET /myplex/account [127.0.0.1] (1 live)
Nov 30, 2011 15:45:52 [4072] DEBUG - HTTP request to: https://my.plexapp.c...fH0cWdZyFen8nhW
Nov 30, 2011 15:45:52 [4072] DEBUG - MyPlex: Published Mapping State <--- 422
Nov 30, 2011 15:45:52 [4072] WARN - MyPlex: Invalid response when mapping state (code=422):<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MediaContainer size="2">
<Server name="penone-PC" host="" port="10041" machineIdentifier="04884c6004d4a0651569ee17e6e7f36de0410a88" version="0.9.5.2" />
<Directory key="1" type="show" title="TV Shows" art="/:/resources/show-fanart.jpg" agent="com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb" scanner="Plex Series Scanner" language="en" updatedAt="1322591889">
<Location path="E:/tv" />
</Directory>
</MediaContainer>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<errors>
<error>Address timed out on port 10041</error>
</errors>
Nov 30, 2011 15:45:53 [7120] DEBUG - Request: GET /myplex/account [127.0.0.1] (1 live)

Would love some sort of feed back or advice on what is going on here or will be asking for a refund on the android app as it is useless if the server is not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users