Photo

Live tv in Plex

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Live tv on Plex (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Would be live TV on Plex be useful ?

1. Voted Yes (76 votes [97.44%])

Percentage of vote: 97.44%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (2 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 johnf

johnf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Wouldn't it be great to watch live TV into the PLEX media center app and on your mobile device ? We have a IP DVB tuner for satellite or cable and terrestrial ( sorry no Clearquam or ATSC ) for free to air and crypted tv ( Ci slot and card reader ) and we like to know if anybody likes to watch tv in Plex at home and on the go. The unit generates a TS stream into the local network that can be played with Mplayer / VLC / Boxee and other players already.( TCP and UDP multicast/unicast )

If so we are looking for some help on developing.

#2 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

EyeTVLive

#3 bjwebb72

bjwebb72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wouldn't it be great to watch live TV into the PLEX media center app and on your mobile device ? We have a IP DVB tuner for satellite or cable and terrestrial ( sorry no Clearquam or ATSC ) for free to air and crypted tv ( Ci slot and card reader ) and we like to know if anybody likes to watch tv in Plex at home and on the go. The unit generates a TS stream into the local network that can be played with Mplayer / VLC / Boxee and other players already.( TCP and UDP multicast/unicast )

If so we are looking for some help on developing.

Hi,

this may be a daft question, and perhaps i haven't looked hard enough on the forum. Is this still something that is being looked at, or is the eyetv the only option?

thnx.

#4 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

There's the hdhomerun plugin.

#5 bjwebb72

bjwebb72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

There's the hdhomerun plugin.

thanks.

Are both of these requiring a MAC environment? I currently have windows only, and it seems that there everything is based around MAC.

#6 ksimm1

ksimm1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

thanks.

Are both of these requiring a MAC environment? I currently have windows only, and it seems that there everything is based around MAC.

The HDHomeRun plugin does not require Mac OS environment. I use it on my Windows Plex Server and a separate windows Plex client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users