Ok,

Details as follows

Lg 50pz570t
Lg wifi dongle
Belkin router
2011 MacBook pro

Plex version 9.9.3.4-7c7787e
Tv software version 04.00.10

Now plex works, I can get it on my ipad2.... So it's not a software issue as far as I can tell....

Using bonjour browser I can see that plex media server is running on ip 192.168.2.13:32400

I can see that the tv is also working on ip 192.168.2.12:8080

However the tv won't find the server, it lists no servers and when you press green to search again it still finds nothing.... So I can't get it to work at all over wifi!!! However if I connect the tv to the router via cat5 and then plug the mac in to the router with cat 5 it will work, however having it hard wired is not an option, plus I just purchased this wifi dongle to make this all work via wifi!!

Any help ??

Is there a way to force the tv to connect to the server ip or mac address???

#2 alandove

alandove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

I have exactly the same problem here: brand-new LG TV, wi-fi dongle, just installed Plex on my iMac, and can't get the TV to see the Plex server. My router is a D-Link, so I don't think this is router-specific.

Google searches return nothing relevant besides this thread, which is both heartening (I'm not the only one) and disappointing (nobody has suggested a solution).

So how about it - any Plex gurus have suggestions for troubleshooting this?

#3 Malou

Malou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hi!

Same problem here. See this thread for my infos and other comments: http://forums.plexap...761#entry214761

I didn't tried wired, I gonna try this tonight.
I also notice this morning on the LG website that a new firmware is available for my TV (I have 4.00.18, 4.02.28 is the new one). I'm gonna see if I can update when I get home.

Just wondering: DLNA is not working for me. My TV doesn't see any server, no matter wich software I use. Do you have access to your DLNA content?

#4 Malou

Malou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

Never mind: I Installed the new update (4.02.28) and changed setting in D-Link system, now it look like its working!

#5 alandove

alandove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

It looks like the update fixes it. I also updated the TV firmware today, and now it suddenly sees my Plex server, so everything's fine. I just hope LG doesn't break it again in another firmware update.

#6 ktalent1

ktalent1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

I got the LG update to 4.02.28 and am using Plex 9.3.4 on a Mac OSX Lion with a Belkin router. It still does not work.

#7 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

I got the LG update to 4.02.28 and am using Plex 9.3.4 on a Mac OSX Lion with a Belkin router. It still does not work.

It will not play any files...or the Media Link on the TV does not see the server?

What is the model number on the router? I may have that model.

#8 ktalent1

ktalent1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

It will not play any files...or the Media Link on the TV does not see the server?

What is the model number on the router? I may have that model.

I have tried many configurations but have never had Medialink find the server. I upgraded to PMS 9.5 last night to no avail.

It is a Belkin Wireless G, model F5D7230-4. Some people have suggested I need to modify the settings on the router but no one seems to know exactly how.

#9 alandove

alandove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Plex uses Port 32400. Try going to the "port forwarding" settings on your router and setting a rule to forward TCP traffic for port 32400 to the local IP address of the machine you have running Plex. That's the only router setting I tinkered with.

#10 Nick - LG Training

Nick - LG Training

Dedicated Member

• LG Employee
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

I have tried many configurations but have never had Medialink find the server. I upgraded to PMS 9.5 last night to no avail.

It is a Belkin Wireless G, model F5D7230-4. Some people have suggested I need to modify the settings on the router but no one seems to know exactly how.

I think your router may be ok. Wouldn't hurt though to try router settings or maybe see if there is newer firmware for the router.

I just tested a
Belkin F5D7230-4 V9
firmware v9.00.02

I was using OSX Lion and the 3 TVs I tested were all using wireless. It connected and played 1080p fine.

What model of TV are you using?

#11 ktalent1

ktalent1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

I think your router may be ok. Wouldn't hurt though to try router settings or maybe see if there is newer firmware for the router.

I just tested a
Belkin F5D7230-4 V9
firmware v9.00.02

I was using OSX Lion and the 3 TVs I tested were all using wireless. It connected and played 1080p fine.

What model of TV are you using?

I checked the firmware and have the latest version. I also tried the router setting suggested above which did not work, but I am not entirely sure I did it correctly. I entered my laptop's IP address under LAN IP address, chose protocol type TCP, and then entered 32400 for LAN Port and 32400 for Public port and then checked enable. My TV is an

LG Infinia 42LV5500 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV with Smart TV

#12 darthpivo

darthpivo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I have pretty much the same problem.
MacBook Pro with OS X Lion 10.7.2 running
Plex Media Server 0.9.5.2 (which can be contacted via the iOS Plex App)
LG 47LK950S Firmware 5.1.10
both connected with a Alice Router (Alice Modem WLAN 1421; firmware 1.00.16) via ethernet
No Firewall, Port 32400 forwarded to my PMS

When I go to the SmartLink, it does not find any server

#13 _SDK_

_SDK_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Same problem w/ Macbook 10.7 Apple Airports

#14 raczrobert89

raczrobert89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

So, anyone got a solution for this problem ? 

New LG smart tv, Macbook Pro running Mavericks. 

Sometimes the TV sees Plex, sometime it doesn't. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users