#1 Robertpolson

Robertpolson

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

This is the video that I added to my que -

However, when I press play in my Plex mac client, the video does not play. Other videos play fine.

#2 Tiran Kenja

Tiran Kenja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Yeah. I have that as well. Queued YouTube videos will just flash the "please wait" for a bit and then nothing. But if I find the same video and play it though the YouTube plugin, it plays just fine.

Macmini4,1 with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and 8 GB RAM  • Yamaha RX-A3020 • Synology DS-1010+ running Plex Server • All connections on gigabit Ethernet

#3 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8647 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

I just went to the Life in a Day entry on the youtube site and queued the video to myPlex. It's playing fine for me on my Mac Laika client (I chose 720p quality) when I access it via the Queue menu item.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#4 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8647 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Robert, can you try deleting the item from your myPlex Queue and then go to the link I had and try again?

» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

#5 Tiran Kenja

Tiran Kenja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

I don't use it that much. But I try with each episode of "The Controller" (www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJnmtD3GOi4) since I can't seem to make it find them in the normal search. They never work - no matter what resolution I choose.

So I end up adding them to a playlist on YouTube and then going though the YouTube plugin instead.

Macmini4,1 with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and 8 GB RAM  • Yamaha RX-A3020 • Synology DS-1010+ running Plex Server • All connections on gigabit Ethernet

#6 Robertpolson

Robertpolson

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Robert, can you try deleting the item from your myPlex Queue and then go to the link I had and try again?

I did that and I get the same problem. It says please wait for a few seconds and then nothing happens.

This video does work thought:

#7 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8647 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

I did that and I get the same problem. It says please wait for a few seconds and then nothing happens.

Do you have to go through any sort of "age verification" or other screen that's basically a "do this before you actually see the video" when you first try to access the Youtube content that's giving you problems? (Talking about in the browser, not in Plex.) I didn't get that myself, but perhaps there are some geographic access things going on here where you might get different behavior when you try to access from a different location. Or if you have to be logged in to see the content.

Talking to some of the guys that are helping implement the queue sites, things like that could interfere with being able to play content back once queued.

#8 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

When I try to watch that video on Youtube, I get a screen which asks me to log in.
Posted Image
If you're browser keeps you logged in, you won't likely notice when videos require you to be logged in to watch them. Unfortunately, myPlex is not currently able to support user authentication for the target sites. I believe that it is something that is on the wish list but I have no idea if/when it will be implemented.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#9 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

Ever since I use Laika the queued YouTube videos played fine in the Mac client.

Yesterday evening I used the Plex iOS App to play a queued YouTube video on my iPad. That also worked well.
Ten minutes later I wanted to watch other YouTube content on the Mac client and now I have the same problem the others mentioned. I loads for a second (loading screen) and then nothing happens.

-I tried Mediastream and Aeon.
-I checked little snitch. My mini checks in with YouTube for a second but thats it. Turning off little snitch didn´t help either (I just wanted to make sure).
-Even YouTube videos that worked the day before yesterday won´t start anymore.
-I never had a YouTube account. Something like this cannot be the issue.
-Same goes for area restricted videos. All queued videos play fine in the plugin, my mini itself (browser), the YouTube iOS App and inside the Plex iOS App.
-Vimeo videos still work fine in the Mac client queue (but no YouTube video at all. Tried like almost 10 of them).
-I deleted the queued videos and added them again. Nothing changed.
-Restarted the server, client and later the mini. Nothing changed.

That´s really odd, since I didn´t change anything, except trying to watch a queued video on my iPad for the first time yesterday. But this also can´t be the problem.

Unfortunately it was very late yesterday and I didn´t have the time to check the logs. I will do so today and post them here.

Or did you other guys find an answer to this problem? Did it ever work on your system?
Or is there any .plst or .xml I can delete that may solve this problem?

#10 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Ever since I use Laika the queued YouTube videos played fine in the Mac client.

Yesterday evening I used the Plex iOS App to play a queued YouTube video on my iPad. That also worked well.
Ten minutes later I wanted to watch other YouTube content on the Mac client and now I have the same problem the others mentioned. I loads for a second (loading screen) and then nothing happens.

-I tried Mediastream and Aeon.
-I checked little snitch. My mini checks in with YouTube for a second but thats it. Turning off little snitch didn´t help either (I just wanted to make sure).
-Even YouTube videos that worked the day before yesterday won´t start anymore.
-I never had a YouTube account. Something like this cannot be the issue.
-Same goes for area restricted videos. All queued videos play fine in the plugin, my mini itself (browser), the YouTube iOS App and inside the Plex iOS App.
-Vimeo videos still work fine in the Mac client queue (but no YouTube video at all. Tried like almost 10 of them).
-I deleted the queued videos and added them again. Nothing changed.
-Restarted the server, client and later the mini. Nothing changed.

That´s really odd, since I didn´t change anything, except trying to watch a queued video on my iPad for the first time yesterday. But this also can´t be the problem.

Unfortunately it was very late yesterday and I didn´t have the time to check the logs. I will do so today and post them here.

Or did you other guys find an answer to this problem? Did it ever work on your system?
Or is there any .plst or .xml I can delete that may solve this problem?

Please post a link to a failing video. The PMS and Plex logs should also throw some light on the issue. We'll try to get to the root of the problem asap.

If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#11 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for your answer.

I plexed this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vorNWMbTw

And here is the log:

Attached Files

#12 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for your answer.

I plexed this video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=x2vorNWMbTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vorNWMbTw

And here is the log:

Thanks for the details. When I try to play that video on the youtube site without being logged in, an ad plays before the video. I have a sneaking suspicion that its that ad that is messing with myPlex playback. I can't really do much digging into it from work but I'll keep you posted as to progress.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#13 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for checking the log.

After work today I can upload other logs (maybe of videos that don´t have an ad before them. Even though in my country there´s no ad at the beginning of this one either. I guess it´s best if I choose a user-made one that worked for sure 3 days ago in my queue)

#14 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Here are two new videos. The two and a half men bloopers was the one that played without a problem 3 or 4 days ago (no ads or anything here). The other one is a video a friend of mine uploaded himself (also made it himself).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cZk-Hd4HaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQmwi3QVVU

And here are the logs:

Attached Files

#15 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Thanks. That should help us get to the bottom of some of these failures :)

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#16 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Here are two new videos. The two and a half men bloopers was the one that played without a problem 3 or 4 days ago (no ads or anything here). The other one is a video a friend of mine uploaded himself (also made it himself).
<snip>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cZk-Hd4HaI
<snip>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQmwi3QVVU

And here are the logs:

Both of those videos work in our tests. Try adding them again to "refresh" them in the myPlex queue and see if that makes any improvement.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#17 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

Nope, didn't work. Any news about the logs? Can they tell you something that might be wrong?

My thoughts (as long as there is no real reason for that):
I read somewhere else that someone added another user to the OS. I did that and the queue actually worked using a test user.
So I guess it is something Plex changed without asking. Because it used to work fine.

Like I also had this strange problem twice that my dock, which is usually hidden, wasn't anymore. But I did not change that myself in the settings. Also, even though I told my firewall to allow incoming transmissions for plex, I got asked like 4 times after restarting it if I would allow...
(I know all that sounds like problems with OSX. But I never had them prior to Laika)

Can this be because of leftover stuff from .9.3.4? The worst idea was to start .9.3.4 after I already started Laika once (also to test stuff).

All very strange, but I read all over the forums that stuff exactly like that happened to others as well.

But I use my mini just for Plex. I don't toy around with doubtful apps.
And I am still searching my ass off for any setting that might have changed or any difference there might be.

Of course I could just use another user, but that can't be it, either. I don't wanna put a lot of work into that only to see that it is not working with the other user as well a day later...

#18 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8647 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

I can't really help with the Youtube Queue items. But I can give some info on some of the other, unrelated topics:

Like I also had this strange problem twice that my dock, which is usually hidden, wasn't anymore.

This issue is known and has been reported. If your client is full-screen and the computer sleeps, when you wake the Dock is set to auto-hide again for some reason.

Also, even though I told my firewall to allow incoming transmissions for plex, I got asked like 4 times after restarting it if I would allow...

This occasionally happens for some people. You can do something like this to resolve it.

#19 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

I can't really help with the Youtube Queue items. But I can give some info on some of the other, unrelated topics:

This issue is known and has been reported. If your client is full-screen and the computer sleeps, when you wake the Dock is set to auto-hide again for some reason.

This occasionally happens for some people. You can do something like this to resolve it.

The firewall may actually be what's interfering with the YouTube videos. I can't find anything in your logs that actually points to the problem specifically. It'd be worth trying the fix that Chris linked, and then test the queued YT vids again.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#20 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for your answers.

When I run this I get:

Mediacenter:~ Mediacenter$ codesign -s PlexTest -f /Applications/Plex.app
/Applications/Plex.app: replacing existing signature
codesign_allocate: object: /Applications/Plex.app/Contents/MacOS/Plex malformed object (unknown load command 9)
/Applications/Plex.app: object file format invalid or unsuitable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users