• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Plex Power User

Plex Power User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

I was having a similar problem where none of the videos in my myPlex Queue would play. Also, I was unable to add videos to my queue using the Plex It bookmark in Safari.

I first trashed plex-related files in ~/Library/Caches and ~/Library/Preferences, and also cleared out my queue and tried to add the videos back, but had no luck. Trashing the file ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.system/Dict seems to have fixed the problem for me, and everything is up and running beautifully again. I hope it works for others also.

#22 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Unfortunately it didn't work on my end.
But thanks for posting.

#23 corrigann

corrigann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm having the exact same problem on my end, using the Plex It! bookmarklet on both Firefox and Safari I'm able to add the videos to the Queue, and I'm able to watch them from my iOS client but on the Desktop any Youtube videos that I try to play will try to load for a few seconds and then not play. Vimeo and other services work fine. I'm running Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini 2009 with Plex Laika and the latest Media Server. Interestingly enough I also have a Hackintosh on the same network that has no problems playing back Youtube videos in the myPlex queue, which leads me to believe there's some random setting or hardware specific problem in the Mac Mini that might be causing this.

I can provide logs from both systems if it will help, just tell me what i need to do. Thanks!

#24 fbroz

fbroz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm seeing the youtube playback failure (Vimeo works) with a two second "Please wait" badge, then nothing.

Adding my logs in case it can help:

Attached Files

#25 RyanPT

RyanPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm having the exact same problem on my end, using the Plex It! bookmarklet on both Firefox and Safari I'm able to add the videos to the Queue, and I'm able to watch them from my iOS client but on the Desktop any Youtube videos that I try to play will try to load for a few seconds and then not play. Vimeo and other services work fine. I'm running Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini 2009 with Plex Laika and the latest Media Server. Interestingly enough I also have a Hackintosh on the same network that has no problems playing back Youtube videos in the myPlex queue, which leads me to believe there's some random setting or hardware specific problem in the Mac Mini that might be causing this.

I can provide logs from both systems if it will help, just tell me what i need to do. Thanks!

Exactly the same problem here,
and it is killing me:(

#26 goterps

goterps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

I've got a nearly identical setup (2009 mac mini, etc.) with the same results --- everything works except for youtube videos.

Like a few other folks who have posted to this thread, I had youtube videos working in the queue for a few days after myplex release, but hasn't worked since.

One extra workaround that I've tried is upgrading from 10.6 to 10.7/Lion without making other changes to the Plex install. Unfortunately, no change in behavior for the youtube problem.

#27 snown

snown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

I'm seeing the same problem here. I can confirm that the two and a half men video does not have an advertisement at the beginning, and does not require me to log in. But will not play on my Plex computer when I add it to my queue. However the video plays fine on a different Plex computer in the same network.

Any help I can give to resolving this issue, let me know.

#28 matteoipri

matteoipri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I had exactly the same issue. I tried the plex client with the guest user account on my iMac and youtube videos played fine.
I deleted all preferences and application support files for plex client in my account, but it didn't help.
Then I realized that plex make a ".plex" folder in a user's home directory. I renamed that directory (I could delete it, but you never know...) and the next time I launched plex client, videos played fine in my account, too.
So, for me, problem solved! Let me know if it works for you, too!

#29 CRiMe

CRiMe

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Awesome! It finally works again. Thanks so much!

#30 matteoipri

matteoipri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

:) glad to be helpful!

#31 RyanPT

RyanPT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

I had exactly the same issue. I tried the plex client with the guest user account on my iMac and youtube videos played fine.
I deleted all preferences and application support files for plex client in my account, but it didn't help.
Then I realized that plex make a ".plex" folder in a user's home directory. I renamed that directory (I could delete it, but you never know...) and the next time I launched plex client, videos played fine in my account, too.

Thanks a lot, it worked for me too.

#32 Tiran Kenja

Tiran Kenja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Looks like it was my problem too. Only content of the folder appears to be a 'cookies.dat' file. I guess it was invalid in some way.

Macmini4,1 with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and 8 GB RAM  • Yamaha RX-A3020 • Synology DS-1010+ running Plex Server • All connections on gigabit Ethernet

#33 Patou

Patou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thanks guys, removing .plex did the trick for me too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users