Photo

Streaming from remote pc to nsz-gt1 with gtv?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jsmith22@gmail.com

jsmith22@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

Hi,

I have been having trouble getting my Plex for Google TV to work with my remote server running PMS. First let me ask if it is even possible? The upload speed from my server is 35Mbs and my download speed on the Google TV side is roughly the same. I understand that transcoding is disabled; could that be the problem? Either way I would appreciate some help... Thanks!

The error message states:
We're sorry but there was a problem attempting to play "..."
There was a problem with media playback.

Music works fine but know none of the movies work...

#2 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

jsmith22 -

Have you checked to see if the movie formats are compatible with your Google TV?

http://code.google.c...ia_formats.html

What media formats are your movies in?
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#3 JeramyKeith

JeramyKeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

jsmith22 -

Have you checked to see if the movie formats are compatible with your Google TV?

http://code.google.c...ia_formats.html

What media formats are your movies in?

I actually have the same issue, I can play all the files on my Xoom HC3.1 and can see my local server, but when i play back the same content that works on my tablet i get the above error. I have moved some of the files that give this error to my local server and they play its only on remote connection so its not a file type issue, as they play over my tablet,

#4 mrbrady12

mrbrady12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

I honestly gave up trying to use my Gtv outside of my network. But hopefully if you get it worked out post it here for the rest of us that have issues.

#5 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

I actually have the same issue, I can play all the files on my Xoom HC3.1 and can see my local server, but when i play back the same content that works on my tablet i get the above error. I have moved some of the files that give this error to my local server and they play its only on remote connection so its not a file type issue, as they play over my tablet,

JeramyKeith - I THINK you're saying that stuff works on a local Plex but NOT a remote Plex? If that's the case we just discovered the problem with that and will be releasing a fix soon. Thanks for your patience.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Thanks!
-Darrin

#6 Gemini9674

Gemini9674

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

Any update on this issue? I don't get an error, it just is constantly stopping to buffer every 3-5 seconds. I have a 10mbps upload service at home and more than ample download speed at work and another residence that I am trying to access via the my.plex service.

It works great ALL the time from my iPad/iPhone even over 3G, but won't work on a PC or GTV (Sony).

#7 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

Any update on this issue? I don't get an error, it just is constantly stopping to buffer every 3-5 seconds. I have a 10mbps upload service at home and more than ample download speed at work and another residence that I am trying to access via the my.plex service.

It works great ALL the time from my iPad/iPhone even over 3G, but won't work on a PC or GTV (Sony).

The issue this topic was started for was fixed in the last release.

Gemini9674 but it really does sound like an IO issue. Do you have the GTV on wifi? If so try moving it to ethernet. If it works fine over 3G it would almost certainly go through transcode and therefore simply use less bandwidth which is probably why it works. GTV (and likely PC) are setup to Direct Play which is MUCH higher bandwidth consumption and generally higher quality.

Thanks!
-Darrin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users