275 replies to this topic

#261 hd1080

hd1080

Plex for Samsung Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

The new version will only be available through the samsung app store.

If you like our Plex App for Samsung and would like to donate you can do this here

Get the latest news via twitter @plexforsamsung
Plex for Samsung TV's / BD-Player Forum
Plex for Samsung TVs / BD-Player Wiki (include screenshots)

Samsung Environment: UE55D7090, BD-C5900, BD-D5300

#262 spinna82

spinna82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

http://forums.plexap...n-samsung-apps/

#263 xkiz ™

xkiz ™

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

@hd1080: do you know for what TV models or version, Plex will be on the Samsung AppStore, or country?
I have the [TV]UN40D5500 and I wonder if Samsung's AppStore will include Plex on my App list.
or if it will be enabled for my country (Argentina).
Samsung [TV]UN40D5500

█████████
████|████
█████████

#264 hd1080

hd1080

Plex for Samsung Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1097 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

@hd1080: do you know for what TV models or version, Plex will be on the Samsung AppStore, or country?
I have the [TV]UN40D5500 and I wonder if Samsung's AppStore will include Plex on my App list.
or if it will be enabled for my country (Argentina).

If you can install apps from the SmartHub then it will be available for your model and if your country counts to the world then it will be there available as well.

If you like our Plex App for Samsung and would like to donate you can do this here

Get the latest news via twitter @plexforsamsung
Plex for Samsung TV's / BD-Player Forum
Plex for Samsung TVs / BD-Player Wiki (include screenshots)

Samsung Environment: UE55D7090, BD-C5900, BD-D5300

#265 wanxu

wanxu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

So we can't install 0.9.7.2 on TV yet?

#266 RockStar

RockStar

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1771 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

nope. not unless you can somehow use a pc and snatch it from samsungs servers I guess. you would then be able to set up your own webserver and install it using the dev account. Dunno if its even possible, but I will certainly look into it as Samsung might still use a long time to test it and release it for the tv's.
Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

#267 Orca

Orca

Plex for Samsung Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2541 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

nope. not unless you can somehow use a pc and snatch it from samsungs servers I guess. you would then be able to set up your own webserver and install it using the dev account. Dunno if its even possible, but I will certainly look into it as Samsung might still use a long time to test it and release it for the tv's.

I'll give you guys a quick warning, we consider stealing source code from Samsung's servers as piracy!
If we notice this happening, we will be very strict and take appropriate actions!

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

#268 RockStar

RockStar

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1771 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

yea I guess I should have known this sort of creativity wouldnt be endorsed. Sorry about that. I hardly think setting up a proxy and fetching its cache after installing on a BR player constitutes as piracy though. Atleast not aslong as you dont distribute, nor alter the files. Im no expert on the matter, so I cant say for sure.
Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

#269 grawsom

grawsom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

I'll give you guys a quick warning, we consider stealing source code from Samsung's servers as piracy!
If we notice this happening, we will be very strict and take appropriate actions!

Orca - any news when the app. will be availble on Samsung for installing on TV?

#270 Semperfratres

Semperfratres

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

I am attempting to get the app on my Samsung TV. Problem is that I cant get Plex Laika from the download in the OP that is located here: http://81.210.155.12...ca_20120115.zip

Can someone supply this to me please via Dropbox or Google Drive?
Does anyone know when the official Plex app will be available via Samsung? (for TV's, not BR-DVD)
Thank you in advance.

#271 fabbiotto

fabbiotto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

but pardon me but at least someone can give some explanation of why you can not have this app. :(

#272 sebastian.aus.k

sebastian.aus.k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hi,
I bought a Samsung D6500(2012), and i tried to install the PLEX App.
Unfortunately I got an error message that points me to the following page www.samsungdforum.com/support/tvappssecurity
Do someone know the problem, and if it´s a wong IP, can somone send the correct one.

thanks a lot!

best
s.

#273 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Can someone please update / delete this thread since its no longer relevant? The Samsung app is in the offical store now. People are daily coming into Plex Chat trying to follow these directions, which clearly no longer work. Cheers!

For reference:

http://forums.plexap...d-players-only/

-------------------

Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+

Clients include: PHT MacMini, PHT MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome

Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!

#274 RockStar

RockStar

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Can someone please update / delete this thread since its no longer relevant? The Samsung app is in the offical store now. People are daily coming into Plex Chat trying to follow these directions, which clearly no longer work. Cheers!

For reference:

http://forums.plexap...d-players-only/

Try and keep up. Its not in the official store for anything but C and D series bluray players. For C and D series TV`s, a manual install is still required. This goes for the ES series swell, both TV and bluray.

#275 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Try and keep up. Its not in the official store for anything but C and D series bluray players. For C and D series TV`s, a manual install is still required. This goes for the ES series swell, both TV and bluray.

You don't need to be rude. I "keep up" by helping people in plex chat daily. So all I know is there are plenty of users who are saying the directions posted here no longer work. If you'd like to clarify that for me, I will pass it along to those who need the info. I don't even own a Samsung myself :D

And I know from the other threads its only for the BR players, but also reading those threads, it sounded to me like this method had been deprecated and those with TV's would have to wait until it DID roll into the store for the TVs.

Also HD1080, who is a Mod here, posted this in this very same thread:

"The new version will only be available through the samsung app store."

So .. that's why there is confusion

-------------------

Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+

Clients include: PHT MacMini, PHT MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome

Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!

#276 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Just to clarify: The official application for Samsung TVs and Blurays is making its way to the Samsung store as we speak, thanks to the incredibly hard work of hd1080 and Orca. It's already available for some devices, and will be available for more shortly.

Samsung asked us to stop distributing the application via public IP, so I'm closing this thread. Besides the fact that they asked, it creates confusion to have multiple copies floating around, especially when they are being distributed without the express consent of the original authors.

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users