Post em and we'll track em!
Please keep in mind, your request will probably NOT get a direct response, so don't expect a "yes or no" answer here. This is more of an open thread that the Plex Dev team monitors for requests.
Post updated to track most requests.
Please read through this list to avoid posting dupes so we can keep the thread somewhat clean.
Note these are in no particular order of importance.
• User access control for watched/unwatched - sections - passwords based on ratings - etc. etc. - yes, we know you want access control in some form :-)
Tweaks to .iso / video_ts / DVD media playback (Already a feature, file bug reports in separate threads)
• Enhanced mouse support
• Dual Display tweaks (keyboard shortcuts, mouse support, default screen, second screen dimming, etc.)
Forced Subtitle Support (language prefs, maybe a PMS issue)
• Font tweaks in Mediastream for smaller screens / Unicode font support
• Delete function for Queue items on par with library delete function
• onDeck to include shows that have been watched if someone starts watching the series again
• User options for onDeck in Movies sections (onDeck doesn't make sense for movies?)
• Show queue items even without internet connection, and show the queue is "offline"
• Folder structure support should return
Add weather back to Mediastream! (this will never happen, stop requesting it)
• Ability to make a Favorites playlist
• Ability to play media in a true "random" (or shuffle) behavior
Better 3GPP / .sup / subtitle support
• Merge multiple local PMS sections (ex: one movie section from all PMS' instead of each one separate)
• Lower idle CPU usage / Dirty Region support
• Contextual Menu support for onDeck items, to avoid drilling down into the section (including movie info, delete, etc)
• Ability to refresh PMS from client
• Fix energy saver / screensavers / allow sleep from power menu / Restart option
• Allow iOS / Android clients to launch desktop client
• Expand / Hide onDeck per user preference
Force transcoding option to local clients for (various reasons)
• Refresh rate switching tweaks to avoid delays
• Return "link to system volume" option
• Support for "3D" metadata tags / search options
• Airplay support (to make Plex client a target)
• User option to show/hide the Second Level Menu
• Better support for multilingual view options (viewing both titles, searching)
• Display all available audio / subtitle tracks in movie summaries
• More granular control of Global Slideshow per section
Better Netflix support (plugin bugs should be addressed in plugin subforums :-)
• Popup "Delete / Keep" option at end of show (like most DVR's function)
• "Shuffle" feature for photos in iPhoto plugin
• Volume normalization when using shuffle in iTunes plugin
• Let onDeck dynamically update so new content is shown even when section has focus
• Added filters in second level menu (such as HD only movies)
• Bring back Application Menu
• Lion style Trackpad Multitouch Gesture controls
• Combine Collections and "uncollected" movies in one view
• Social Networking integration (letterboxd, etc)
• Advanced Photo Section searching and sorting
• Add 3D as a quality option when mulitple versions are present
• Custom Display Refresh options (see post #80)
• Hardware accelerated upscaling
• Similarly, "party" mode viewing for myPlex friends (similar to xbox)
• Use iOS client (or Android) for audio while video plays on main client and/or vice versa
• Add support for CEC usb remote adapter
• Option to define "seek forward" and "seek back" time variables in Preferences
Mac Media Center Feature Requests
Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:04 PM
Post em and we'll track em!
Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+
Clients include: MacMini, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome
Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!
Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:46 PM
Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:22 AM
For example, say if I have watched the entire miniseries Band of Brothers a year ago. Now a year later I want to watch it again so I watch episode 1. then the next day i want to watch episode 2. Episode 2 is not in On Deck because i watched it a year ago.
I should not have to mark the entire season as unwatched to get it to show up in On Deck. Also if I did this the entire season would then show up in recently added, which is silly because ya know it's NOT recently added.
IMHO recently added should only show unwatched once then if ever marked unwatched again it should NOT show up in Recently Added anymore
Also if you just put newly added episodes in On Deck you would not need the Recently added at all.
- skube likes this
Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.
Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:27 AM
Would love to see the option of deleting whats in your que just like you can with movie and tv shows.
Also... a way to increase the font size with mediastream. On my 32" HDTV, the fonts are too small.
Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:38 PM
Is it possible to add some kind of 'delay', when choosing a video that changes the refresh rate? I have my Mini set to 50hz by default. When I choose a video in 24hz og 60hz, the TV has to switch refresh rate, but the Mini starts playing at once. A 'delay' button in preferences>videos where one can choose how many seconds the system should wait before playing the video. This would be sweet!!! :-)
- Counterfit likes this
Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:48 AM
I really enjoy listening to music in 5.1 on my mac mini setup. Plex mixes down 5.1 flac files to LPCM instead of sending out the audio discreetly over HDMI. Let me listen to my music in surround, please!
20TB Custom NAS, Solaris 11 Express, raidz2, 10x2TB
Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:09 PM
Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:47 PM
Bring back support for folder-structors. Collections is not that good because either only movies assigned to a collection is shown or All movies are shown even they are assined to a collection (sorry this belongs to PMS I guess)
Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:54 PM
Now in the new Laika client (which is very good btw ) I can select enable subtitles and I can see which language it is but they don't show.
The iOS client can display them, so the media server can decode them perfectly.
Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:06 AM
There's a plugin for this somewhere around here.
DVD sorting for TheTVDB - FIREFLY!!
Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:39 PM
At the moment if you had two Plex servers with the following sections
Jupiter : Action, Films, Scifi
Saturn: Crime, Films
This would get displayed in the client as:
Action, Crime, Jupiter - Films, Saturn - Films, Scifi
This is fine if there are a relatively small number of sections per PMS server. But imagine if there are more sections per PMS server ... this can grow to much to have a single list. Hence I think it would be nice to have an option of nesting sections per server. I.e. when enabled the PMS servers would appear in the top level menu along with the generic entries and then if these were selected then an extra level of submenu would be presented allowing for the selection of a section served by that PMS server, Once a section was selected menus would follow the normal form.
This would be best to implement as an optional feature which could be switched on and off and keep the current default as the majority of users (probably) with only a single PMS server and a handful of sections wouldn't need it. I think that this could be implemented without any changes being needed at the PMS server end as it's just varying how existing information which is known to the client is presented to the user.
Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:59 PM
- Disable re-draw of screen completely when it is hidden in the background (CMD+H)
- Option to set the GUI OpenGL refresh/re-draw rate in some kind of settings (gui or xml) from default 60 fps to whatever you like (presumably something lower).
- Merge Dirty Region fix from xbmc
Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:48 PM
There is currently a PHP script to do a one off import of the library and a broken scrobbling application; an official integration would be excellent, especially as its use is growing exponentially at the moment with the Mashables publicity.
Plex @ aTV - think different: PlexConnect
-> the missing link between Plex Media Server and your AppleTV - 2 or 3, jailbroken or not.
How to report an issue: click here
Sources: click here
Wiki: click here
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users