Photo

USB Thumb Drive Plex Media Center (Portable)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 realbaddog

realbaddog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

I was wondering if anyone have been able to get a Plex Player installed and running on a Thumb Drive? It would be great to be able to carry "Plex" around and plug it in and run on a friends / family / work PC and demo the features of Plex without a complete install. I understand that it would be without the server (unless we include a server too, hummm) I know there are all kinds of other software that developers have created to run on thumb drives, including complete OS, such as MS office, Firefox, etc. just wanted to see if anyone had done this. I did a search and didn't find anything on this topic.

Thanks for your time,

-Realbaddog

#2 realbaddog

realbaddog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

Just a fyi, there is a site called PortableApps.com that posts several portable apps, and has a development page.

portableapps.com

-Realbaddog

#3 winstano

winstano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

If you create a shortcut to Plex and add the suffix -p, it'll run in Portable mode, similar to XBMC :)

#4 MaxiP

MaxiP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

And if you use myPlex, you could access your own server / media so you can really show what the app can do.

#5 realbaddog

realbaddog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

If you create a shortcut to Plex and add the suffix -p, it'll run in Portable mode, similar to XBMC :)

Sorry to be so dense, but how would you install it to a thumb, then use the shortcut..........and the other software needed (Google Chrome Frame, Flash and Silverlight) on the thumb.

didn't know that XBMC would run in portable......Thanks for sharing.

-Realbaddog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users