#1 Telecino

Telecino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hi,

I love the new myPLEX.
I use it with my YouTube channel subscription.
This is great, each time a new video is uploaded a email is sent to myPLEX account. :-)
The issue now is managing all those none Video link.
It would be great if we could multi-select them to be able to delete them, or a way not to get those non video URL.

One more idea, it would be great if we could have a way to group our URLs. Since I subscribe to multiple YouTube Channels, I which I could have each channel in a different group in my queue list.

Keep the great work.

Telecino
Montreal

#2 avlk

avlk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

This is great, each time a new video is uploaded a email is sent to myPLEX account. :-)

How do u automate this? I can't find this setting in youtube account =\

#3 Telecino

Telecino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

How do u automate this? I can't find this setting in youtube account =\

You should find this under each channel you subscribe too, use the down arrow to reveal this information

"You are subscribed to XYZ channel. Recent activity from this channel will appear on your YouTube home page.

Also email me for each new upload"

Telecino

#4 avlk

avlk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

You should find this under each channel you subscribe too, use the down arrow to reveal this information

"You are subscribed to XYZ channel. Recent activity from this channel will appear on your YouTube home page.

Also email me for each new upload"

Telecino

I add myplex email as alternative e-mail in google account. Will youtube send email on 2 adresses?

Were i can find setting on youtube to send email notifications only on myplex mail?

Thanx!

#5 theflesh

theflesh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

I would like to know as well. Maybe somebody has figured out to a recipe on ifttt.com with Myplex queue and email address?

#6 Telecino

Telecino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

I just created a new YouTube account with myPlex email.

I don't know if you can redirect to another email!

Telecino

#7 globuze

globuze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

I just created a new YouTube account with myPlex email.

I don't know if you can redirect to another email!

Telecino

Hello,

The subscription to youtube channels requires that you click on a link sent to the plex mailbox.
How do you handle this ?

Do you think that myplex will offer a subscription service to external videos channels based on credentials (eg. by Showyou or Boxee with Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube...) ?

#8 Telecino

Telecino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

globuze

You just need to loging to your myPlex page https://my.plexapp.com/queue
and click on the url that YouTube send you to confirm your subscription.

Telecino

#9 PilotBob

PilotBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

I took a different approach and set up a filter in Gmail to forward emails from service@youtube.com with the subject of "just uploaded a video" (no quotes). I also forward vimeo... only they only notify you of 3 new videos each day. Although, I'm am only subscribed to one person there so that may be ok.

BOb

#10 Telecino

Telecino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

PilotBob,

I like it, this is a good approached.

How do you get Vimeo to send you email?

Telecino

#11 PilotBob

PilotBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

PilotBob,

I like it, this is a good approached.

How do you get Vimeo to send you email?

Telecino

Vimeo does have a setting for email new videos in your subscription dails on the notifications setup. But see below how I used the RSS feed instead.

Well.. I have no idea what's up with Google. All of a sudden the plex email address isn't listed as forwarding address again.

So, I took a different approach.

I signed up for a free account at FeedMyInbox.com with my myPlex email address. You get 5 free feeds. So, I have two feeds... one for my youtube subscriptions and one for my Vimeo subscriptions. I'll have to see how this works. So far so good with YouTube... I've had a few appear. But, I only have one sub in Vimeo and he only posts weekly or so.

Feed for your youtube subscriptions is:

http://gdata.youtube...scriptionvideos

Just replace username with your actual YouTube user name.

For vimeo if you go to your Vimeo home page your browser should auto-discover the feeds. Use the "subscriptions" feed. Make sure to go here vimeo.com/subscriptions/channels and turn off the Staff Picks and HD Video channels. Unless of course you want them in your RSS feed. ;)

One annoyance is that non-video links show up in the queue. It would be nice if myPlex could mark these read or somehow hide them. It seems to know they aren't links to videos since it doesn't show a video thumbnail for them.

BOb

#12 PilotBob

PilotBob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Well, apparently this feedmyinbox isn't going to work. since every email it sends contains a link to unsubscribe to the feed and myPlex is following the links.

Perhaps I can try to create some type of Yahoo pipe that will forward the RSS feed to Plex. Oh well... it seems like such a nice idea to get all my YouTube and Vimeo subs in one queue. For now I am back to hitting each video in my GoogleReader and pressing the PlexIt bookmarklet. Sigh.

BOb

#13 Cottser

Cottser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

See this thread as well:
http://forums.plexap...t-myplex-queue/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users