92 replies to this topic

#21 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

When I installed the cifs driver and a third party player on the Kindle Fire, all of these videos play fine. Therefore, I know this is definitely a plex on Kindle Fire issue. Is there an ETA for fixing this issue on the Kindle Fire?

Is there any way you can share a video for us to test with, and/or provide a logcat of the video playback?

If the file is MP4, and it's optimized for streaming, those should Direct Playing.

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#22 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

CoolHandLuke - no ETA sorry. But it is a high priority and we are working on it.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#23 CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is there any way you can share a video for us to test with, and/or provide a logcat of the video playback?

If the file is MP4, and it's optimized for streaming, those should Direct Playing.

I'd be happy to assist with the video and/or logcat. Is there a page I can visit to instruct me where to upload the video and/or logcat?

I look forward to play with the new Linux client on my Gentoo workstation soon. The media server runs great on my Gentoo server. One of the members uploaded a working ebuild which is easily edited to install the lates deb package. I'm surprised the ebuild hasn't made any of the overlays, yet.

I used to be a hardcore MythTV user, but I'm slowly moving everything over to Plex. Kudos to team Plex!

#24 JerseyDevil62

JerseyDevil62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Having the same problem in my Kindle Fire with video files that play great on IOS, Android phones, Apple TV, PC, and Mac plex clients. The video files are a combination of AVI, MP4, M4V (unprotected), and MKV. I will gladly share my library with you In support of your development efforts!

#25 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hey gang - we have a good handle on this problem so no need to send us media or logcats. Hang tight we're still working hard on this one.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Thanks!
-Darrin

#26 JerseyDevil62

JerseyDevil62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Sweet! :)

#27 AntiJohnny

AntiJohnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

I am having the same issues on the B&N Nook Tablet. Any hope that this will be fixed when you fix the fire?

#28 elan

elan

Sheriff of Plexville

• Sheriff Of Plexville
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7412 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

I am having the same issues on the B&N Nook Tablet. Any hope that this will be fixed when you fix the fire?

Very likely, yes :)

Instagram: @elan
The Plex blog.
The wife's photography site.
The brother's photography blog.
The dog's twitter feed.

#29 unblowupable5

unblowupable5

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Very likely, yes :)

Woo-hoo!

#30 jcarroll5892@gmail.com

jcarroll5892@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

I just set up the plex server and got the plex app on my kindle fire. No matter what format the video is in it still plays choppy. You should let everyone know when an update is ready.
I knows it's not my kindle because mine is rooted, over-clocked, and is connected to an N routed with at least 20mbps speed. It usually streams video nicely.

#31 dukeofdecay@gmail.com

dukeofdecay@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

Well you might wanna recheck your settings you state that no format works I have over 600 movies converted to mp4 on a sperate hard drive for the 4 kindles that I have and plex works great on all of them and they cane be playing the same or different movies at same time with no effect.

#32 jcarroll5892@gmail.com

jcarroll5892@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Sorry, I forgot to say that I was trying to stream remotely. When I'm on the same network it works fine, but remotely it's choppy and unwatchable. My upload speeds are about 5mbps on the network that my server is running on (a laptop in a cupboard). I just want to be able to watch movies at my gf house when I'm there.

#33 jcarroll5892@gmail.com

jcarroll5892@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Ok. So I stand corrected. I have figured out that of you are trying to view things remotely, you have to go into the settings and change 'Direct Play' to 'Force Direct Play', that will allow it to play without transcoding correct?
But, even then, ONLY my MP4 files would play and not any other format of video that I have in my library. MP4 videos played BEAUTIFULLY though. Most of my videos are MP4 so it works out anyway. Thanks.

#34 dukeofdecay@gmail.com

dukeofdecay@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yup ive been using Dvd catalyst. To mass encodes movies for it . I have over 900 movies on my main system all differrent formats this was the easy way to get the kindles to work. A little extra effort but well worth it

#35 jcarroll5892@gmail.com

jcarroll5892@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

@dukeofdecay
Which kindle fire setting did you use in Dvd catalyst? I just got the software and there are many kindle fire output selections. Thanks.

#36 dukeofdecay@gmail.com

dukeofdecay@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Well heck.I never even noticed the other settings Lol ive been using the fast setting. I'm gonna. Have to try out the others. Fast has been giving me a great pic though

#37 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ok. So I stand corrected. I have figured out that of you are trying to view things remotely, you have to go into the settings and change 'Direct Play' to 'Force Direct Play', that will allow it to play without transcoding correct?
But, even then, ONLY my MP4 files would play and not any other format of video that I have in my library. MP4 videos played BEAUTIFULLY though. Most of my videos are MP4 so it works out anyway. Thanks.

Force Direct Play forces Plex to TRY to play directly but if that fails Plex will still fall back to transcode.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#38 jcarroll5892@gmail.com

jcarroll5892@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

@darrin
well it has worked wonderfully for all of my MP4 files. And Ive been using the DVD catalyst software to convert my movies.

#39 andytot

andytot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Looking foreword to this getting fixed. The jerkyness of the video playback makes it unusable.

#40 jgregory69@windstream.net

jgregory69@windstream.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Any updates as I cant either fix the stuttering issue either?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users