4 replies to this topic

#1 duerra

duerra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hey guys -
Sorry if this seems basic, but I've yet to find how to add channels to the video directory. I'm trying to find a way to add The Daily Show to Plex so that I can watch the full interviews with guests. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

#2 Centuck

Centuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys -
Sorry if this seems basic, but I've yet to find how to add channels to the video directory. I'm trying to find a way to add The Daily Show to Plex so that I can watch the full interviews with guests. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

It sounds like you are trying to add channels by using your server. To add channels, you have to add them through a client such as an IPhone or the Mac or PC clients. You cannot add channels via the server but only a client. Once you install the channel via your client, you will be able to access it from any of your clients.

#3 duerra

duerra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:11 AM

I don't seem able to find the option to find and add a channel for The Daily Show from my client, either. I've seen references to something like Plex Online, but I don't have that option as a selection on my main menu screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is it that my install is just mucked up?

#4 Woody1130

Woody1130

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

Plex online has gone, replaced by channel directory. See if you have that option
Plex Server - i7 920, 12GB RAM, 3X2TB, 2X1TB, 1X500GB, Windows 7 X64 Ultimate.
Network - 100Mbit wired, 300Mbit Wireless (oh so theoretical!!!)
Plex Clients - MacBook Pro, AppleTV

#5 francofresco

francofresco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hi All!

I'm new to Plex and so far its really good, except as the OP mentions, it seems difficult to find The Daily Show. while we're at it, Colbert Report as well.

I have the lastest version installed on Win7 Desktop. Client and server installed.

I have the option for channel directory as I hear replaced the app store for Plex.

If this is a win, I'll be sure to buying the Android app.

Thanks for the help, and thanks for a great media center.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users