• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzman88

Fuzzman88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

Right now the only option we have is trial-and-error for each and every channel, and there's just no reason every user should need to try out every channel to find out if it works or not. Lets share our results as a community and save everyone the trouble of looking for them individually.

Note: I will do my best to keep the list updated as people add to the thread, but my ability to connect to the internet over the next 6 months will be irregular at best. I'm in the military and will not have regular access to a computer while I attend a long school away from home, but I will do my best to update when I can.

Just to be clear, I will not be testing each channel that is submitted to the list. I am relying on good faith that only working channels will be submitted. For the sake of other Plex users, please do not post channels that do not work with Google TV.

Finally, here's the list of working channels using the Google TV client:

1.) Revision3
2.) Ted Talks
3.) Vimeo
4.) VideoJug
5.) The Onion
6.) Team Coco
7.) Pitchfork.tv
8.) Crackle
9.) Making Of
10.) Live Music Archive
11.) The Sixty One
12.) The Big Picture
13.) CBS
14.) Syfy
15.) IGN
  • darrin likes this

#2 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

Good - idea... I've pinned this topic and modified the title. Feel free to share information here. Note that we're working on a patch right now that will help with this a bit by removing visibility on the home screen to channels that use specific APIs within Plex.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#3 Gary J

Gary J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Apple Movie Trailer channel does not work.
Gary J

#4 Fuzzman88

Fuzzman88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

Most channels will not work. The idea for this thread is to build a list of those that DO work.
  • darrin likes this

#5 Todd66

Todd66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

Here are channels I've used tonight and seem to work perfectly well.

Vimeo
Ted Talks
Video Jug
  • darrin likes this

#6 tsheeley

tsheeley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Here's my list:

Revision3

(more to come as I have time to play around)

#7 Fuzzman88

Fuzzman88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Thanks for the input so far, I've just updated the OP to better reflect the goal of the thread and start the compiled list.

#8 mikeroberts

mikeroberts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

For the record I have the SONY blu-ray/googletv

Just downloaded a bunch of plugins, here are the ones that work:

1.) Revision3
2.) Ted Talks
3.) Vimeo
4.) VideoJug
5.) The Onion
6.) Team Coco
7.) Pitchfork.tv
8.) Crackle
9.) Making Of
10.) Live Music Archive
11.) The Sixty One
12.) The Big Picture

And here are the ones that I tried that didn't work:

1.) Spotify
2.) CNET TV
3.) Fox News
4.) Geekscape
5.) Doctype
6.) Lens - actually made plex force quit. not sure if it was coincidence or the app itself.

I realize that it's a thread about which one's are working, but I felt the thread was lacking when there were 4 channels that worked and I had no clue about any of the other ones. So I figured I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list and now if you're thinking of trying out any of the ones that are listed under the didn't work section, you know not to bother instead of needing to install a bunch to see if they work or not.
  • darrin likes this

#9 lschroeder

lschroeder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

What is the story now since according to Opening Post HLS support most of the Plex channels? Should we list what channels we get and what specs we have for a media server and which Google TV client we are using?

I think this list could really be important with the Google TV update to 3.2 and Plex update to take advantage of this. Should we also add any special technique that we used to get the channel or use the channel?

#10 spamminator

spamminator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Is Revision3 still working for people? I can't get it to show the episode lists -- says it is having trouble communicating with the plex server, but everything else off of that server plays fine.

#11 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3105 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Is Revision3 still working for people? I can't get it to show the episode lists -- says it is having trouble communicating with the plex server, but everything else off of that server plays fine.

I just found a small bug in the Revision3 plugin, fixed it and pushed an update out. Please let us know if you still have problems with Revision3.

#12 robotech

robotech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hi
I have the Logitech Revue its been updated to honycombe 3.2 and channels that did not work befor the update are now loading but the Video Quality is very low, I can run the same CTV show on the PC that the PMS is on and the Video Quality is very good, same on XBMC, If I run the same video on the Logitech Revue in Chrome browser direct from the site it great quality,
I have played with the app setting and nothing seem to fix it any help would be great

Plex-App Ver 2.1.0.8, Firmware Honycombe 3.2

#13 robotech

robotech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi
I have the Logitech Revue its been updated to honycombe 3.2 and channels that did not work befor the update are now loading but the Video Quality is very low, I can run the same CTV show on the PC that the PMS is on and the Video Quality is very good, same on XBMC, If I run the same video on the Logitech Revue in Chrome browser direct from the site it great quality,
I have played with the app setting and nothing seem to fix it any help would be great

Plex-App Ver 2.1.0.8, Firmware Honycombe 3.2

BUMP

#14 pawdog

pawdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Amazon Instant
Youtube
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report