• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 sebtronic

sebtronic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

It should be. Look in the Samsung store on your device and do a search for Plex in the video section.

I looked in the video section of the samsung apps and nothing. Research also finds nothing.
I had the BD-E8500 before and no problem to use plex. the european version is perhaps not available at the moment.

#62 torchjectory

torchjectory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

i'm shopping for a new tv, and i'm obviously either interested in samsung or lg. but i can't make heads or tails of the samsung list list. when i click the link in the first post, i get a samsung list of bluray, home-theater, etc. but no tv's.

does anyone know how many of these show up on amazon's best television's list? i'm looking for 46" up.

#63 carlmason1985

carlmason1985

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

I used Samsungs site to check which products plex worked for. (Link below)

http://www.samsung.c...p/G00002687241#

Just click on Check your device and drill down on the drop down boxes to find the product you want to check is compatible.

Thanks

Carl

#64 newplexsf

newplexsf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I'm pretty sure Samsung would not release it if it didn't work.

Did you have any sections defined?

Thanks -- rookie mistake. Defined sections now it works. 

#65 bjfreeman

bjfreeman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hey,

I reside in Australia and want to buy a blu ray player/recorder.

What models can i install the plex app?

Thanks

#66 Kanashii

Kanashii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Just grabbed a BD-F5900 today. 

I can confirm that it is a dual-core model like the BD-F7500 and Plex (version 0.987) appears to run as well on it as it does on a 2012 LED Smart TV (pretty darn well: much better than the single-core models).

Main deletes from the BD-F7500 seem to be

- no 4K upscaling

- no programmable/universal remote

- only has LAN/HDMI/TOSLINK connectors on back.

If you get one, just do the main system FW update from a USB stick to save yourself time as the online one increments its updates (multiple DL's/reboots required). Otherwise, apart from one file with an uncompressed DTS track, haven't found any issues as far as mixed network (WiFi + LAN) playback goes.

High bitrate (more than 11GB) 1080p play is possible?

#67 EvertM

EvertM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

I used Samsungs site to check which products plex worked for. (Link below)

http://www.samsung.c...p/G00002687241#

Just click on Check your device and drill down on the drop down boxes to find the product you want to check is compatible.

Thanks

Carl

Hmm, does anyone know the URL for non-US/International models? For example the UE-series?

--
greetings,
Evert

#68 cjmurph

cjmurph

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

Anyone considering a samsung bd player should know that cinavia is implemented on them and it is active during playback with plex. If you think that's something that may concern you then look else where for a plex client.

#69 Fuggin

Fuggin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Anyone considering a samsung bd player should know that cinavia is implemented on them and it is active during playback with plex. If you think that's something that may concern you then look else where for a plex client.

This cinavia protection got me today and I own the disc. Really ticked off...

#70 Evaq8

Evaq8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

I recently bought a BD-f5900 to replace my ps3 and boxee box. Plex IMO is so much better. Then I remembered why I used the boxee box, Cinavia! I don't know of any other blu-ray player with plex. Is there a bluray player that has plex on it be sides samsung?

#71 AXLEAA

AXLEAA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Confirming that Plex is up and running on an Australian PS64F8500AM.
All formats including high bit rate 1080p mkv with True-HD sound are working flawlessly from an iMac PMS.

Thank you once again to the developers and everyone involved. It is a wonderful app/server.

#72 MovieGhoul

MovieGhoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Purchased a Samsung UN40F6350AF last week and didn't realize at the time it came with Plex.

It wasn't a consideration when we bought at the time. Am I glad that it did, canceled the Roku order and it ended up saving me some money.

Works realy nicely as well. How do Plex updates work with the TV?

#73 dane22

dane22

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3776 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

Works realy nicely as well. How do Plex updates work with the TV?

OT, but it's handled by Samsung, and as such, if a new update is avail, you'll be notified when launching the "old" one, and forced to upgrade

/Tommy

• MovieGhoul likes this

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Join me in developing the Find unmatched items within PlexSRT2UTF-8. RemIdx. Plex2CSVPlexInst4QNAP, UnSupported AppStore Installer

--------- Support the Samsung Client ---------------

If you like the Samsung Client, Please Donate. If you like the Samsung Client, tell Samsung

------------------------ Most common Guides ---------------------

Media naming guide Using Subtitles Nas Guide Log Files Channel Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember ALWAYS to report back

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

#74 Orca

Orca

Plex for Samsung Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Unpinning this, it contains too old information

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

#75 kchildfam

kchildfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hi All,

New plex user here; sadly client doesn't work on Samsung UN46ES6100. App will install, launch, find PMS server on initial search, but once on the home screen, it's blank. Not sure if anyone has the same issue, but also haven't been able to find anything on this model in particular. Any thoughts/updates on support for this model?

-M

Hello,

I was wondering if you ever figured out the solution to this problem, or if anyone has any suggestions?  I just purchased a Samsung BD-F5900, and I am experiencing the same problem.  Plex plays fine on my Roku, but not on the Samsung Blu Ray Player.  I found the app, installed it, launched it, found the Plex Media Server, logged into MyPlex, but as soon as I exit the preferences screen, the menu is completely blank.  If I restart the app, it keeps the welcome screen on, it attempts to connect to the PMS (it says "connecting to [IP], but it does not connect.  I set the timeout to the max of 60 seconds, and it counts down the entire 60 seconds.  Then it says it is loading home screen, but it never does.

I then tried running PMS on a different computer.  I enter the IP in the preferences menu on the BD-F5900.  It correctly identifies my computer once again, as it knows the name of the computer.  However, when attempting to connect otherwise, the connection times out.

On the BD-F5900, I am running Plex app version 1.006 on a wireless connection.  I tried it on a wired connection as well.  I am able to connect to the PMS with my iPhone and my Roku (wireless), but not the BD-F5900.  Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

#76 kchildfam

kchildfam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

For anyone interested, I fixed the problem by reading this thread:

http://forums.plexap...ng-home-screen/

In short, the problem likely happens when media files aren't being shared directly from the PMS.  Add a music or video folder (even if it is empty) to the PMS, and then it should work fine.

Good luck!