• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tkmaxxxx

tkmaxxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hi I have a movie folder that plex has picked up fine but... It's missing 5 or 6 of my movies? They are all named as they should be ( from imdb ) so why dont they show? There also does not seem to be a 'list all files ' option so I can't scrape it manually :(

#2 cerma1993

cerma1993

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

Same prob i have found on my plex.....can any one help me ?

#3 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

When you say it doesn't show do you mean there is a movie there but the poster is blank (just the grey blank) or that the file is not there at all ( you have 100 movies in folder but plex thinks there are only 95)

1. If blank poster right click on it and "fix incorrect match" usually fixes it. i found a few movies take longer than others to pull down posters and such some have taken 5-10 minutes longer for some reason. I don't know why.

2. if the number of movies is wrong it might have combined files so it thinks you have two copies of one movie. if thats the case there will be a "2" some other number badged on some of your movie posters. in which case you have to right click and "split apart" then right click and reveal in finder to see which one is wrong, then do the fix incorrect match.

Both of these have happened to me and it took some digging to figure it out. like for some reason mine combined the movies The American and Faster so plex thought there were two copies of The American. Why it thought Faster was the American I could not tell you.

3. Or you could try this http://wiki.plexapp....nager#Deep_Scan

FYI Plex does not use IMDB to match movies anymore unless you installed the third party IMDB scanner I think is out there.

If it is neither one of the above i don't have a clue what might have happened.

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

Correlation does not imply causation 

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer   a crazy movie but so good

Media Prep , Server Logs , MEDIA INFO , Why can't find that Plex folder on OS X

#4 tkmaxxxx

tkmaxxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

what is happening is that , on the usb drive i have a folder called movies - in that folder there is a 100 movies BUT in the plex media browser there are fewer listed - its not picking up each one when it should ? i dont understand , is there any way to 'list' the folder in raw form , and make sure each one is matched ?

#5 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

if you want a list of the movies on your usb in a txt file you can do this in terminal. hit enter after each line

cd /volumes/nameofdrive/movies
ls > filelist.txt

replace /volumes/nameofdrive/movies with the path to the real directory, you'll find a list of the files inside in the text file "filelist.txt" in the same directory

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

#6 tkmaxxxx

tkmaxxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

ah thanks , no i mean list within plex everything , so i can find out whats not been found or matched ? as i clearly have some missing :(

#7 jamerson9

jamerson9

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

ah thanks , no i mean list within plex everything , so i can find out whats not been found or matched ? as i clearly have some missing :(

Short answer unhappy answer is no.

Long answer is there are couple of ways of getting information out of PMS. Plex web export scripts, how to guides on getting data out of PMS, a project to create an app to show easily information contained in PMS (personally looking forward to) or just digging through the Plex logs. All these methods will not give you the one shot solution that you are looking for.

My advice would be to add in media to PMS in manageable batches, so you can check that you don't have mismatches nor misses. If you already have added all and don't want to go through this again, then I would suggest doing what BigWheel has suggested and using the good old mark 1 eyeball to manually check. As you only have around 100 movies, it should not take you that long.

To troubleshoot why some files are not being picked up, try to follow the file naming scheme given in the wiki.

I do agree it would be nice to have a feature or tool that would give more info on what's been added and not added, but currently the only method is to dig through the log files.

#8 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

try this if you are comfortable with the terminal hit enter after each line. I just learned this stuff so don't blame me if you destroy your computer if you want more background on what all this is see this thread http://forums.plexap...-plex-on-a-mac/

1. this changes directory to the one with the database file

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-in\ Support/Databases

2. open the database file in sqllite3

sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db

3. set the path to the desktop to save the text file. change "drivename" and "usename" to whatever they on your computer

.output /Volumes/drivename/Users/username/Desktop/movies.txt

4. this next line chooses what you are going to output. note the "WHERE library_section_id=1" -- the one after the equal sign represents the movie section on my computer but it may be different than yours but if your movie section is at the top of the list of sections on the left in media manager that probably is it though. go here http://localhost:324...brary/sections/ and you will see a few lines starting with "<directory" - one for each section - what ever the "key" number is is the number for that section on your computer

SELECT title FROM metadata_items WHERE library_section_id=1 ORDER BY title;

there should now be a file called movie.txt on your desktop with all movies in alphabetical order note these are just the movies in Plex. not the ones it could not find , the folders they are in or the names of the actual files

5. enter this to quit sqlite3
.exit
then just quit Terminal

#9 tkmaxxxx

tkmaxxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

the thing that is annoying is in the last version of the plex server browser you were able to view by location, which would show the full 'path' of the file - and since it was stored in a folder named correctly (as i did it) you could easily tell any missing / miss matched files - this seems to be missing from the latest version though :(

#10 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

the thing that is annoying is in the last version of the plex server browser you were able to view by location, which would show the full 'path' of the file - and since it was stored in a folder named correctly (as i did it) you could easily tell any missing / miss matched files - this seems to be missing from the latest version though :(

This is still available in the cocoa-based Mac Media Manager (it's the "List View" accessible in the toolbar). It has never been available in the Web Media Manager.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#11 thempstead

thempstead

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

One thing I find to be quite useful in these situations is run a deep scan against the problem section from the command line on the system running the PMS server, (info on how to do this is in the Wiki).

The messages from the output from the scan can normally give you an idea on what's having an issue and why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users