891 replies to this topic

#21 lingpanda

lingpanda

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for a great app! Works great on my Roku.
  • Prudgezeree likes this

PlexPass Lifetime Subscriber

Roku2 XS & Roku 3

Plex Media Server Win 7 64bit

#22 guido5132

guido5132

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Need Help!!! How do I watch 'letmewatchthis' on the Roku?

I installed the 3rd party app plugin. I cannot access letmewatchthis channel through the unsupported app on my Roku via Plex.

It is accesible in the Plex media player on my computer.

On Roku, only the 'unsupported appstore' channel is present...I can't see the letmewatchthis channel unless I open the 'unsupported appstore' channel and locate the channel in the installed menu, my only option is to uninstall the channel. If I try this, I get message that content is unavailable, make sure the server is running...

PMS is running when this happens.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm a novice at this stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am using iMac with Lion OS.

#23 lingpanda

lingpanda

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Need Help!!! How do I watch 'letmewatchthis' on the Roku?

I installed the 3rd party app plugin. I cannot access letmewatchthis channel through the unsupported app on my Roku via Plex.

It is accesible in the Plex media player on my computer.

On Roku, only the 'unsupported appstore' channel is present...I can't see the letmewatchthis channel unless I open the 'unsupported appstore' channel and locate the channel in the installed menu, my only option is to uninstall the channel. If I try this, I get message that content is unavailable, make sure the server is running...

PMS is running when this happens.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm a novice at this stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am using iMac with Lion OS.

You have to download the app I believe from the Let Me Watch This Wiki page. Not at home at the moment to confirm where I DL'ed it from. There are 2 versions of this plugin. You have to manually install the one made for streaming players.

Roku2 XS & Roku 3

#24 guido5132

guido5132

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

You have to download the app I believe from the Let Me Watch This Wiki page. Not at home at the moment to confirm where I DL'ed it from. There are 2 versions of this plugin. You have to manually install the one made for streaming players.

That is the plug in I installed . I dropped it in the Plug Ins folder and it shows up on the Plex Media Player with letmewatchthis; but the Roku only shows the plugin and not the channels I added through the plug in...

Did I miss a step? Where can I find instructions for Dummies:)

Thanks

#25 lingpanda

lingpanda

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

That is the plug in I installed . I dropped it in the Plug Ins folder and it shows up on the Plex Media Player with letmewatchthis; but the Roku only shows the plugin and not the channels I added through the plug in...

Did I miss a step? Where can I find instructions for Dummies:)

Thanks

Did you install the unsupported app plugin designed for the Roku? Will not work correctly unless you install the correct version. Go to the Wiki page for the unsupported app plugin. DL the plugin designed for the Roku and other streaming devices. Drop the bundle in the plugin folder. Open Plex on the Roku. Install Let Me Watch This from the unsupported app plugin. DELETE any Let Me Watch This plugin already installed prior to doing the following steps. IF you still can't get this to work. I'll upload my files for you when I get back home.

Roku2 XS & Roku 3

#26 Coolwave

Coolwave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

When using LetMeWatchThis plugin the browsing works, but video does not play, you get an error loading the video everytime. The channel does work on my iPhone, iPad and the plex client. Any help would be great! I have the Apple tv on 5.0 firmware and the newest Plex software.

#27 marklight

marklight

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

@coolwave - I also experience this. It's more of an appleTV issue than an issue with this plugin i'm sure.

#28 varunpp

varunpp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hi lingpanda,

could you please upload the files you have for letmewatchthis on your roku. I installed the 3rd party unsupported appstore, however I am getting the same problem as guido. really appreciate your help.

thanks

#29 lingpanda

lingpanda

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hi lingpanda,

could you please upload the files you have for letmewatchthis on your roku. I installed the 3rd party unsupported appstore, however I am getting the same problem as guido. really appreciate your help.

thanks

Sorry forgot. See link for my Unsupported app bundle and Let me Watch this bundle. Let me preface by saying I'm using a Win7x64 PMS and Roku2 XS. Just unzip both bundles and place in the plugin folder. http://www.mediafire...qo0d0fa0vui1u7r

Roku2 XS & Roku 3

#30 marklight

marklight

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Any way to integrate a favorites feature? Just to prevent having to search repeatedly?

#31 ReallyFuzzy

ReallyFuzzy

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Any way to integrate a favorites feature? Just to prevent having to search repeatedly?

This was always planned for at some point and was hoping to use Plex's Favourite management, but that disapeared just as the code was about to be added in (i.e: Plex Laika's client took the old favourites away). So rather than add something in that nobody would be able to use shortly (we're all on the latest and greatest client after all right?), I thought it best to wait until Favouries got added back in to the clients.

That was quite a few months ago.... And Favourites still aren't back.

But I have (misplaced?) hope. So, as soon as Favourites are back in Plex, I'll add the ability to use them in the plugin.

In the meantime, all we can do is hope and pray that the Plex gods see it worth their while to re-implement favourites.

#32 kevinandyvonne

kevinandyvonne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:18 AM

Same problem as some of the others here. Within the Plex media center, I can see and access letmewatch this. On the Roku it's a no go. All that shows up is the unsupported appstore within the 'channels' category. Opening it up on the Roku shows all the categories such as new, installed, etc. Letmewatchthis shows up in the installed section, but selecting it only gives the uninstall option. I've tried everything I could think of including using the files posted by lingpanda and even uninstalling the server, deleting all the leftover folders and starting from scratch. It just won't work on the Roku for me. :angry: If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

EDIT

Got it working. Had to install this unsupported appstore: http://bit.ly/pkBFBA

#33 semikolon

semikolon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

I tried everything too and cannot get it to work with my roku2 XS

Maybe someone can explain it step by step, i already tried all the files
and the app store from the link in the post before.

I can access the unsuported appstore and install letmewatchthis, but it does not show up anywhere? :(

#34 kevinandyvonne

kevinandyvonne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

I can access the unsuported appstore and install letmewatchthis, but it does not show up anywhere? :(

Did you try using the unsupported appstore in the link I posted? It's what got it working for me. I'll tell you what I did. I'm running windows 7, so if you aren't the location might be a little different.

Go to C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

Delete LetMeWatchThis.bundle and UnSupportedAppstore.bundle.

Go to C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Data

Delete com.plexapp.plugins.letmewatchthis and com.plexapp.plugins.unsupportedappstore

Go to C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Caches

Delete com.plexapp.plugins.letmewatchthis and com.plexapp.plugins.unsupportedappstore

Download the unsupported appstore from the link in my above post. Unzip it into C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

On the Roku, you should see an unsupported appstore channel available in Plex under the 'channels' category. Go to that and then into video and select letmewatchthis. Choose install. Back out into the main Plex window and it should now appear in your channels list. This worked for me so hopefully it will for you too. Good luck.

#35 lingpanda

lingpanda

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Follow the instructions in the first post. http://forums.plexap...orted-appstore/

Roku2 XS & Roku 3

#36 semikolon

semikolon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Did you try using the unsupported appstore in the link I posted? It's what got it working for me. I'll tell you what I did. I'm running windows 7, so if you aren't the location might be a little different.

Go to C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

Delete LetMeWatchThis.bundle and UnSupportedAppstore.bundle.

Go to C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Data

Go to C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Caches

Download the unsupported appstore from the link in my above post. Unzip it into C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

On the Roku, you should see an unsupported appstore channel available in Plex under the 'channels' category. Go to that and then into video and select letmewatchthis. Choose install. Back out into the main Plex window and it should now appear in your channels list. This worked for me so hopefully it will for you too. Good luck.

Hey I did everything as explained. When I click on install (letmewatchthis) it says the file folder is empty, but it still installs? After that it only shows uninstall, however I still cannot see the channel :(

#37 kevinandyvonne

kevinandyvonne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hey I did everything as explained. When I click on install (letmewatchthis) it says the file folder is empty, but it still installs? After that it only shows uninstall, however I still cannot see the channel :(

Right, it just shows uninstall within the unsupportedappstore channel after you installed it. Back out of that and see if it shows up in the channels section of Plex. If not, then I don't know. It finally worked for me after doing that.
  • R3lyks@gmail.com likes this

#38 jimberkas

jimberkas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

LMWT plugin is working well for me. The only issue I'm having is that it seems that certain movies won't play, error message says unable to play, make sure server is running... the same movies play on the computer or tablet, but only after I agree that I'm over 18 or something like that. So I assume the problem is that on plex/roku, there is no way o do that age acknowledgement. Anyone have a work around for this?

#39 R3lyks@gmail.com

R3lyks@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

I just have to say, thank you so damn much for inventing this. Me and my girlfriend literally use this app everyday. I was already a huge fan of LetMeWatchThis, and I am a coder myself and was thinking of coming up with some easier way to watch the website, but it seemed like too much work to do that. I was already a fan of Plex and when I saw there was a LetMeWatchThis app for it I crapped my pants.
Some issues right now are the Putlocker and SockShare links stopped working. I believe it's something changed in the coding of their site, So I hope you update soon to change with them.
A favorites list would be nice, also saved playlists if possible. I would love to set up a Sleep playlist of all my favorite sleepy movies to put on every night set at random and repeat.
Also it would be awesome if you could load the comments of the episode, series, or movie from the 1Channel site too, but I would imagine that would be a feat in itself and may not even be possible, but would be awesome.
Hope you never quit updating it, who needs Netflix or Hulu?
Thanks man, you have made me more lethargic than ever.

#40 unisonruss

unisonruss

Plex-Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

I agree, such a great plugin! Works great for me now whenever I want to use it.
@plugin dev, would you consider porting Navi-X to Plex? Kind of similar to this site but offers more content, playlists, tv stations, etc. It started coming to fruition, but was abandoned. Here is the link to the ticket I created, with all the info you need to know about what navi-x, and their site: https://plexapp.ligh...804/tickets/484

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1 channel, let me watch this