Jump to content


Photo

AniDB metadata agent


  • Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#281 slikone27

slikone27

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

Do you get anything in the logs? Check both server log and agent log and see if you find anything suspicious when the server crashes, post them here if you want me to have a look. I'm running the latest free version on Debian Linux, not sure if there's a difference between that and the latest PlexPass version?


Thanks I appreciate it. I will hopefully get a chance this weekend to try it again and I will post the logs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#282 diamondsw

diamondsw

    "Vitriolic yet well-intentioned"

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Location: Chicagoland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on this agent. Between the limitations imposed by AniDB, the server crashing, and the extremely strict naming limitations (for instance, series that have a colon in the name, when the filesystem/filesharing protocol I'm dealing with doesn't support colons!); it's just not going to work out. I'm going to script this myself using NFO files as a go-between - scrape data in whatever language to NFO/poster files, and then use the XBMC NFO plugin to pull it into Plex. A bit more work on my end, but a lot more control over the process.

 

Best of luck, especially as you're dealing with the very opaque restrictions of the AniDB API.



#283 captaincaps

captaincaps

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

I'm currently trying to add "Lupin (1977)" aka "Lupin The 3rd" to my library. Works fine for the first 99 episodes, but starts screwing things up with episode 100 and above. Just to clarify: Everything above episode 99 isn't scanned propperly (or even at all), 1-99 matches just fine. Is this due to the scanner or due to the agent, and any ideas on how to sort things out?



#284 kmfurdm

kmfurdm

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm currently trying to add "Lupin (1977)" aka "Lupin The 3rd" to my library. Works fine for the first 99 episodes, but starts screwing things up with episode 100 and above. Just to clarify: Everything above episode 99 isn't scanned propperly (or even at all), 1-99 matches just fine. Is this due to the scanner or due to the agent, and any ideas on how to sort things out?

 

You need to use BABS.

 

https://forums.plex....e-scanner-babs/



#285 Netto

Netto

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

How can I change/add series with the romanji name? Options only show English localized name.



#286 captaincaps

captaincaps

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

You need to use BABS.

 

https://forums.plex....e-scanner-babs/

 

Thanks mate, problem solved :)



#287 rubylaser

rubylaser

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

I've tried using this plugin and it just crashes my server.  I've also tried using BABS as described here with no luck.  Does anyone have a good solution to handle this?

 

Edit: This was answered in the other thread and the solution works great.



#288 Tuffo

Tuffo

    Dedicated Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

How can I change/add series with the romanji name? Options only show English localized name.

 

Do you mean in the manual search? It doesn't matter what language you choose there, AniDB can only search on one of the titles (I don't remember if it's main or official) through the UDP API anyway. If you want to do name matching on different titles, you need to use the HAMA agent that can (as far as I know) search all of the titles.



#289 Netto

Netto

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Do you mean in the manual search? It doesn't matter what language you choose there, AniDB can only search on one of the titles (I don't remember if it's main or official) through the UDP API anyway. If you want to do name matching on different titles, you need to use the HAMA agent that can (as far as I know) search all of the titles.

 

I also use another program that lets me choose to create the entry for a matched show using the official name in Romanji or English (or other language). It also uses anidb. Was hoping for this to be on this agent.



#290 Tuffo

Tuffo

    Dedicated Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I also use another program that lets me choose to create the entry for a matched show using the official name in Romanji or English (or other language). It also uses anidb. Was hoping for this to be on this agent.

 

Well, as it happens I had half an hour to kill, so now it's in the latest release, to be picked up from Unsupported Appstore (preferred) or download from here.

 

Version 13 is live, now supporting selection of title language.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users