6 replies to this topic

#1 bmorris110

bmorris110

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

I am running Plex Media Center Version 0.9.5.2-bf472e4.
I added the directory for my movies, it scans the directory, it shows it updating and reading the movies, it displays the movie titles as it's scanning, but nothing shows up.
The media manager doesn't show any movie thumbnails.
Mac Mini (2009) OSX 10 4GB RAM, Plex 0.9

I  my bushel of Macs.
www.brandonmorris.com

#2 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Do you get other metadata for your content (summary/description, genres, release date, etc.)? If it's only the artwork that's missing, then the most common reason is the presence of a firewall, proxy, ad-blocking software, or other similar things on the computer and/or network that are causing interference. Common culprits are Glimmerblocker, VirusBarrier, and PeerGuardian, but there are others, too.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#3 ShavenYak

ShavenYak

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

I'm having some artwork issues too, and I wonder if it's the same thing. This is on Plex Media Server Version 0.9.5.2-bf472e4. A bunch of movies and some TV shows aren't showing artwork. If I go into the media manager, pick one of them, and choose "Change Artwork", I see the big gray empty artwork icon, and then thumbnails of downloaded artwork at the bottom. When I try to pick an artwork at the bottom, sometimes it works, but sometimes the gray icon just flips over but stays gray. I haven't determined any definite circumstances that cause the artwork to not be selectable. My biggest gripe is that about two dozen posters for my daughter's movies, that I had to grab from Amazon because none of the scrapers pick anything up, have now quit being displayed and don't even show up as options anymore under Change Artwork. I don't want to go through finding them all again until I know Plex won't just up and eat them again.

#4 hibernian56

hibernian56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I don't want to go through finding them all again until I know Plex won't just up and eat them again.

Same thing here, I spent a huge amount of time downloading artwork for movies, documentaries (National Geographic etc) and some TV shows, I noticed last week that a good deal of them are gone, and more today. Slow, painstaking tedious work, all wasted effort now.

Where are they, I thought meta data and thumbnails were stored in a database, so how is it possible for them to just vanish? I have had no hardware or system updates recently.

This really is not very dependable. Everything seems to be stored in .bundle files, which seem to be bespoke. Surely if there continue to be issues with PMS eating meta data (there are posts dating back 2 years with similar problems) physical copies of thumbnails should be backed up somewhere as an option.

I am really p'd off at the moment, the library looks like a mess, where once it looked quite smart. Shabby, very, very shabby.

#5 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Same thing here, I spent a huge amount of time downloading artwork for movies, documentaries (National Geographic etc) and some TV shows, I noticed last week that a good deal of them are gone, and more today. Slow, painstaking tedious work, all wasted effort now.

Where are they, I thought meta data and thumbnails were stored in a database, so how is it possible for them to just vanish? I have had no hardware or system updates recently.

This really is not very dependable. Everything seems to be stored in .bundle files, which seem to be bespoke. Surely if there continue to be issues with PMS eating meta data (there are posts dating back 2 years with similar problems) physical copies of thumbnails should be backed up somewhere as an option.

I am really p'd off at the moment, the library looks like a mess, where once it looked quite smart. Shabby, very, very shabby.

Hi, What do you mean by "eating metadata"? Where did you save all the thumbnails/artwork that you downloaded that have been overwritten?
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#6 dragonflyhmk

dragonflyhmk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I am having the same problem when I open the plex server using Firefox. If I use Internet Explorer, all of the artwork is there. In Firefox, all I see are grey boxes. I have disabled my AdBlockPlus in Firefox for the plex server, and I'm still not seeing artwork.

#7 mana

mana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

I am having the same problem when I open the plex server using Firefox. If I use Internet Explorer, all of the artwork is there. In Firefox, all I see are grey boxes. I have disabled my AdBlockPlus in Firefox for the plex server, and I'm still not seeing artwork.

Same thing here, grey boxes instead of thumbnails but ONLY with Firefox, it works perfectly with Safari or the old cocoa Manager on the same iMac and I've tried several versions of Firefox. It seems that something is blocking in Firefox but what ???

Edit : I've found the reason on an other post, zoom option has to be off to get images, now it's small but it works :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users