#421 StarJim

StarJim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hello

I think i found a bug ...

If "content rating" is empy ( <mpaa></mpaa> in .nfo file )  all metadatas are ignored, including poster, fanart, plot, etc.

Thanks !

#422 diamondsw

diamondsw

"Vitriolic yet well-intentioned"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

I've found empty tags in general trip it up; I want to say I had an empty "director" field that similarly killed it (on a very old copy of the Movies agent).

#423 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Will have a look at that, too. :)

#424 StarJim

StarJim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Will have a look at that, too. :)

thanks !!!   :D

#425 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

@all:

The agents have been updated. They should now be a little more robust against empty tags, though this might be improvable still.

There is now a user option to turn on rounding for rating values. As plex choose to use a floating point field to store them, all values with decimals other than 0.5 have no exact representation and will therefore result in those long values beeing displayed. So if you choose to enable this option, all ratings will be rounded to the nearest full or half number. Full values will stay as they are. (7.0->7.0, 7.1 -> 7.0, 7.4->7.5, 7.6->7.5, 7.9->8.0)

TVAgent only:

For multi episode nfo files it is now possible to add episode thumbs, for each episode. They have to follow these conventions.

Series Name.S0XE0Y.Episode Name-thumb.jpg or

Series Name.S0XE0Y-thumb.jpg or

S0XE0Y-thumb.jpg or

S0XE0Y.jpg

You will have to create these files yourself. As this is a local media agent they won't be pulled from the net.

Lastly if you have no season subfolders, this should work now, too.

Please report if you encounter problems.

SlrG

#426 diamondsw

diamondsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

I'm doing something utterly, utterly wrong when it comes to the TV Shows agent. I loaded the new copy from git, but I can't get it to bring in a show. When I don't have season folders I see the same behavior as before - the "show" such as it is appears with the parent folder name (in my case, the top level folder that houses the section, e.g. "Test"). When I create the season folder it gets the proper folder name for the series, but doesn't appear to be pulling any info from the NFO at all.

(Mind you, this is not using an nfo exported from another library, but one I'm creating from scratch to represent the show. I very well may have things wrong in it or have it in the wrong place, but I haven't seen any documentation as to what valid input should look like.)

#427 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Then let's try to solve this. Please zip up all the metadata you have in one of the directories that doesn't get scanned. Also please add a file listing so I can replicate your naming sheme. Please upload it somewhere and drop me a link. Per PM if you prefer. :)

#428 diamondsw

diamondsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

No problem. I whipped up a fresh test (just in case something about my anime was messing with things, such as Japanese text). The videos are something an old grade-school classmate (now a standup comic) is doing for Funny or Die. Same results, so consider this a good test. :)

https://dl.dropboxus...exNFOTVTest.zip

Thank you!

#429 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

@diamondsw:

The agents are XBMC metadata agents. The metadata needs to follow XBMC conventions, or the import will fail. Please follow the rules explained for TVShows  and TVEpisodes in the XBMC wiki. The nfo for the tvshow needs to be called tvshow.nfo. The episode details have to be put into separate files for each episode and should be named exactly as the episode. So if the episode is: "Disney Couples Therapy 01.mp4" the nfo should be "Disney Couples Therapy 01.nfo". Episode thumb needs to be "Disney Couples Therapy 01.jpg". Artwork needs to be poster.jpg, banner.jpg, fanart.jpg.

#430 diamondsw

diamondsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

Okay, but if I reduce that down to nothing but the title, it still doesn't import anything. Here are the revised NFO files, which I believe follow the conventions posted. It still fails, and it still uses the section folder for the show name.

Attached Files

#431 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

The tv shows nfo has to be named "tvshow.nfo" not "Disney Couples Therapy.nfo". That tvshow is no placeholder to be replaced with the name of the show, but the actual name. Also the changes I did yesterday exposed a bug that was lurking in the code since ancient times. I fixed it now, but Guillaume needs to pull it. (edit: he did already. :) ) So please try again once he does. It should work then now. :)

#432 diamondsw

diamondsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

The tv shows nfo has to be named "tvshow.nfo" not "Disney Couples Therapy.nfo". That tvshow is no placeholder to be replaced with the name of the show, but the actual name.

*lightbulb moment*

Thanks! Aha, after editing that and updating the plugin, it appears to be working. Excellent!

Now that I have the basics working, could I suggest a couple things?

• I see that the TVShows format doesn't have an "originaltitle" field as the Movies format does. Would it be possible to import the "showtitle" field as "Original Title"? That would allow me to keep the Japanese original in "showtitle" and the English translation in "title".
  • The field "tagline" does not appear to be imported, despite being in both the TVShows nfo format and in Plex. I know it's supported on the Movies agent; could it be enabled for TVShows as well? (I'm not actually storing a tagline there, but it's one of the few fields I can put comments in.)
  • How do I specify a season poster, particularly given that (as mentioned before) my shows don't have "seasons" per se (actually, the spec is silent on how this is done even with a folder)? Lacking this, It would be great if the agent could use the show poster for the season if none is provided. Anything is better than a blank Plex logo. :)

#433 sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

How is it going (if it ever going to happen); adding the two nfo importer agents in the unsupported appstore?

Alos, May I suggest to have an "about" and version number? hard to keep track of existing in PMS and updated in GitHub...

#434 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

@diamondsw:

Would it be possible to import the "showtitle" field as "Original Title"?

Yes. I'll add that. I tried, but filling the original title field for tvshows is not supported by plex. :( (see here)

The field "tagline" does not appear to be imported, despite being in both the TVShows nfo format and in Plex.

I'll add that, too. :) I tried, but filling the tagline field for tvshows is not supported by plex. :( (see here)

How do I specify a season poster, particularly given that (as mentioned before) my shows don't have "seasons" per se (actually, the spec is silent on how this is done even with a folder)? Lacking this, It would be great if the agent could use the show poster for the season if none is provided. Anything is better than a blank Plex logo.

I think there is a wiki page for that too, but I didn't found it when searching. It should be:

seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

I'll think about reusing the show for season if missing. :)

@sfnetwork

Both agents have been added to the appstore. About field is there, but I did not add a version number yet. The appstore tracks the changes by watching the github repo and does not require a version. By updating in the appstore you should theoretically always get the newest version.

regards,

SlrG

#435 sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

@sfnetwork

Both agents have been added to the appstore. About field is there, but I did not add a version number yet. The appstore tracks the changes by watching the github repo and does not require a version. By updating in the appstore you should theoretically always get the newest version.

regards,

SlrG

Ah , nice (I was expecting to see them in category "metadata agents"... Found them in "new"

So, to start using the UAS versions, should I delete first the ones from GitHub?

**Update, to be sure, I deleted them from plugin folder and installed the UAS version, nice.. now now more manual update!!!  :D

#436 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Next update will bring version numbers for both agents. They will be displayed in the logfile only however. Sorry about that, but adding them to the info dialog and updating them would add another file to each pull request I send to Guillaume and I don't want that.

Also if no season poster is found, the tvshow agent will fallback to use the series poster, as diamondsw suggested. Sorry I could'nt add the other features. It's maddening that plex has those fields in the webinterface but the agents can't fill it. :( If anybody of you notices an agent that is able to do this, please report it to me. Maybe there is a hidden way I don't know about.

• sfnetwork likes this

#437 sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Next update will bring version numbers for both agents. They will be displayed in the logfile only however. Sorry about that, but adding them to the info dialog and updating them would add another file to each pull request I send to Guillaume and I don't want that.

Also if no season poster is found, the tvshow agent will fallback to use the series poster, as diamondsw suggested. Sorry I could'nt add the other features. It's maddening that plex has those fields in the webinterface but the agents can't fill it. :( If anybody of you notices an agent that is able to do this, please report it to me. Maybe there is a hidden way I don't know about.

Very nice to have version number. I still think it would be worth it to have it in the info dialog but not a deal breaker.

*Now, there is a lot of updates but it's getting solid and I guess updates will be less frequent at some point...

Excellent feature; using tv show poster fallback if no season poster!  :)

#438 diamondsw

diamondsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

I'm going to go be a pest to the dev team on some of this. I'm good at being a pest (see my "title").

#439 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:37 AM

Please do. :) I can't imagine it would be hard to enable agents to fill the fields that are already in the webif. Sorttitle would be especially appreciated. But tagline and showtitle would be really cool, too. Please report back if you have news.

And please ask if you have feature requests or ideas. :)

#440 sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

I think it was discussed before but can't find it back...

What's the alternative to be able to use opensubtitles.org agent to fetch subtitles since we can't use others agents along with nfo importers (except local media asset)?

Since Local Media Assets is in the NFO importer had additional available agent, couldn't we have the Opensubtitles.org one as well?

Only way is to use freebase...

Is there any way at all to be able to add this along with XBMC nfo importers?

or, and this would require more work I presume if even possible, could the NFO importer do it (fetch from Opensubtitles.org)?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: posters