568 replies to this topic

#501 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

At the moment the writers are taken from the credits tag. They have to be marked with the keyword writer in parantheses. e.g. <credits>Emily Wachetel (Guest Star) / Nancy Wetzel (Guest Star) / J.J. Abrams (Writer)</credits> Based on the nfo of your Helix tvshow, you have multiple credits tags and those are all without the keyword.

Looking at the xmbc nfo wiki, credits are assumed to be writers if without keyword. So the agent will have to be changed to accept that.

edit:

Done. :)

#502 orbtwin

orbtwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

wow...! you are amazing...a thousand thanks!.

i'm gonna try it

tested....it works!

• sfnetwork likes this

#503 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Glad you like it. :)

Cheers!

#504 HumanSkunk

HumanSkunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

I am having issues with being able to select the xbmc agent within my Ubutnu Plex Media Server. I have copied and renamed bundle file into the usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-Ins/ folder as instructed and upon restarting PMS i am unable to select the agent from the drop down list when adding a new, or editing an existing collection.

However as a test to make sure the bundle file wasnt corrupted I installed PMS for OSX and placed the unchanged bundle file within the library/application support/plex media server/plug-ins/ and the OSX PMS detects the new agent without issue.

Am i missing something? I have checked the file permissions for the ubuntu files but no matter what i do it just wont appear to be selected. I have created a load of film collections within xbmc that i want to be able to use within Plex. Is there anything I have to change within the python script?

Thanks.

#505 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

I think you don't need to rename the bundles anymore. They were changed to have filenames without spaces and dots some time ago and thus should run without renaming. If you want to rename them, you have to change the name in the __init__.py and plist.info files too.

#506 HumanSkunk

HumanSkunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for replying.

The only thing i renamed was the .bundle extension as when you download it directly the file ends in .bundle-master. Only thing i had to do differently between the Ubuntu and OSX PMS builds is that you dont naitivly have write access to the Plug-Ins folder withing the usr/ directory to had to use the sudo cp -r command in order for it to write to the correct location, rather than simply pasting it withing the Library folder. This is where i think i might be going wrong...

#507 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Sorry then, this is of course correct. :) Sadly this brings us back to the question what is going wrong. Normally I would suspect a rights problem now, but you say you have already tried this. To be sure, please check that the user and the access rights are exactly the same as for the other agents.

#508 hihu

hihu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

I have some trouble with this plugin.

I have reinstalled the server (Version 0.9.9.7.429-f80a8d6)

and also reinstalled the plugin.

I'm editing all my movies with ember media manager but now in plex interface the "plot outline" instead of the "plot" shows up.

What can I do about this. Thx in advance

#509 sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

I have some trouble with this plugin.

I have reinstalled the server (Version 0.9.9.7.429-f80a8d6)

and also reinstalled the plugin.

I'm editing all my movies with ember media manager but now in plex interface the "plot outline" instead of the "plot" shows up.

What can I do about this. Thx in advance

Check you agent options:

2014-04-14%205-53-41%20PM.png

Now if this doesn't work, post your nfo to have a look...

#510 luthien

luthien

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hey, 

is there a way to add the release date (in the nfo as <releasedate>DD.MM.YYYY</releasedate>) to the library?

Otherwise i am not able to sort it by release date.

#511 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

For movies the releasedate tag is already read and imported. For tvshows premiered and aired tag are imported.  Please check by clicking edit on the movie or tvshow.

If it doesn't work, I'll need one of your nfo files that don't import and the debug log, when scanning this movie/tvshow. (enable debug logging in the agents settings)

#512 shockwave

shockwave

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Actually @SIrG that goes on a problem I am having.. 

My TV shows dates get scraped fine but by Movies release date are switched around with month and day can we fix this somehow?

thanks

#513 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

It's a not so trivial problem sadly. As different countries have different rules how a date should be written and sometimes there's more than one possible way to do it. Also its not always possible to guess from the date string what is the day and what is the month.

Could you all please post what you have as date in your info? And if its not clear which is day and which is month, please explain a bit.

e.g. beeing from Germany I have 10.04.2014 as day.month.year

#514 shockwave

shockwave

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hey @SirG you already have most of my logs..

What about adding a toggle in the movies/tv agent that tells the script to scrape using UK or US format instead, can't that be done?

#515 SlrG

SlrG

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Only a toggle will propably not be enough. Though that could help if it is only the day and month that get switched. :)  I'll think about it and try to find a solution.

Propably not before easter though. :) Sorry. :)

#516 diamondsw

diamondsw

"Vitriolic yet well-intentioned"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:00 AM

It's a shame the NFO format didn't use ISO dates, but when file formats are created by a single developer, they never consider all the use cases.

For another example of a really problematic but simple-looking format, look into the history of the Netscape cookies file. Ugh.

#517 toby9999

toby9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Attached File  Capture.JPG   42.1KB   7 downloads

Hey guys, just wanted to get a quick check that my files are named correctly ...?

This is an awesome plug-in.

I use mediaelch to create the .nfo file and download all the image files etc.

I've seen mention that I should just have "fanart.jpg" instead of "movie (year)-fanart.jpg" for example, but is it ok to put the movie name (like in my attached picture)?

Thanks!

#518 shockwave

shockwave

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

hey @toby9999

just follow these and you'll have no issues.

https://plexapp.zend...dia-Preparation

http://wiki.xbmc.org...ideo_management

#519 toby9999

toby9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Ahh, so my naming is wrong ... I have each movie inside it's own folder, but I'm using the <movie name>-fanart style, when I should be using just fanart (according to the plex naming guide).

Or can I use the one-movie-per-folder format and still name the fanart as <movie name>-fanart ?

#520 shockwave

shockwave

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Xbmc accepts both

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: posters