• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Never mind my previous emails. I have uninstalled plex 9.5.2 and installed 9.5.3 now the server does not crash however it does not play any of the stated channels either.

Also what is funny that when certain Channels play on my TV the sound is first triggered on the Media Server and Vice Versa if I am playing some video on the Media Server. Its like a Sound Leak.

Please help.

Thanks.

-AL.

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "support@plexapp.com" <support@plexapp.com>
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 7:47 PM
Subject: Fw: I have several issues with Plex.

I uninstalled Plex Media Client from the PC since both the Server and Client was on the same however the same did not help either. I tried to play video on ESPN3 and in the process the Server Crashed as it always does on ESPN and few other Channels that I have tried:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 3/5/2012 7:41:33 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: GOOFYAL
Description:
Faulting application name: Plex Media Server.exe, version: 0.9.5.2, time stamp: 0x4ed0e10f
Faulting module name: icuuc40.dll, version: 4.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ebc1bd0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000b92a
Faulting process id: 0xa58
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccfb4a83c2e426
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plex Media Server.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\icuuc40.dll
Report Id: 4449fa27-673e-11e1-b753-f04da2552a81
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-03-06T03:41:33.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>15820</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>MuraliIyer-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Plex Media Server.exe</Data>
<Data>0.9.5.2</Data>
<Data>4ed0e10f</Data>
<Data>icuuc40.dll</Data>
<Data>4.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4ebc1bd0</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0000b92a</Data>
<Data>a58</Data>
<Data>01ccfb4a83c2e426</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plex Media Server.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\icuuc40.dll</Data>
<Data>4449fa27-673e-11e1-b753-f04da2552a81</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "support@plexapp.com" <support@plexapp.com>
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 7:32 PM
Subject: I have several issues with Plex.

Folks,

I am using Windows 7 with Kaspersky Firewall. I am experiencing all kinds of issue here.

I was unable to get the Channel List, for this I had to disable the firewall and also in preference I had to "disable capability check" after this I did get the Channel List based on which I installed the required Channels of my preference via the Client which happens to be an LG TV coupled with that I also utilized Media Center to get few Channels installed via that as well. I could at one point see ESPN 3 Channel however nothing in that seems to run based on this I tried to disable the firewall once again however this did not seem to help either. I have identical issues with several Channels like PBS, BBC etc the only Channels that to a certain extend worked for me were Youtube, Crackel, White House and one more which I dont remember now, also I was unable to do a successful browse on Netflix as well.

Next when the Video plays on my TV based on the stated Channels mentioned I also hear the Video Sound on my Server PC which is really irritating for this I have to mute the Server Sound.

I checked my firewall settings and based on the little I know I don't find any issues on that part, however I would like to see the Channel List populated without disabling the firewall.

Can someone in the team help me out. Next I was unable to post anything on Plex Forum for some reason. However I did login but the page mentioned that I am not allowed to post or create new topics.

Please help me out I will be very grateful.

-AL.

#2 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

Is there anyone who can help me with Kaspersky Settings and also with the Sound Leak I am experiencing.

Please I am very new here and require help, I surfed on the net to no avail.

-AL.

#3 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Glad 0.9.5.3 sorted out the crash. Different channels work in different ways, and in particular some channels require WebKit/Flash/Silverlight. It sounds to me like the channels that aren't working are ones that require Flash. As described at http://www.plexapp.c...ownload-new.php you'll want to make sure you have Flash installed, and in particular if you normally use either IE or Chrome then you'll need to follow the link on that page to install Flash for "Other Browsers".

As for the sound, I'm not sure I understood. Are you saying that for some channels you hear the sound at both the TV and computer simultaneously? Or that you initially hear the sound on the computer, and then it transfers to the TV?

I'm afraid I don't know Kaspersky at all, sorry. If you're currently accessing the channel directory by disabling the windows firewall, as opposed to some Kaspersky setting, then I know you can add exceptions to the windows firewall and you just need to add an exception for PlexScriptHost.exe. I'm sure there are similar exceptions in Kaspersky, I just don't know them.

#4 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Glad 0.9.5.3 sorted out the crash. Different channels work in different ways, and in particular some channels require WebKit/Flash/Silverlight. It sounds to me like the channels that aren't working are ones that require Flash. As described at http://www.plexapp.c...ownload-new.php you'll want to make sure you have Flash installed, and in particular if you normally use either IE or Chrome then you'll need to follow the link on that page to install Flash for "Other Browsers".

As for the sound, I'm not sure I understood. Are you saying that for some channels you hear the sound at both the TV and computer simultaneously? Or that you initially hear the sound on the computer, and then it transfers to the TV?

I'm afraid I don't know Kaspersky at all, sorry. If you're currently accessing the channel directory by disabling the windows firewall, as opposed to some Kaspersky setting, then I know you can add exceptions to the windows firewall and you just need to add an exception for PlexScriptHost.exe. I'm sure there are similar exceptions in Kaspersky, I just don't know them.

Thanks for your reply, I am using LG Media Link as a Client to Plex Media Server, LG has issues with latest Flash not being supported, based on my Model it does not support beyond Flash Ver 8.0 i.e Flash Ver. 9.0 and above is not supported and they will not do anything about it for the model that I currently own (42LV5500).

Next the Sound Leak I stated before is I can hear Sound coming from both the TV and the PC that I use as a Plex Server, however there is a latency with the Sound being rendered from the TV since both the Picture and Sound shows up once the sound is first triggered on the PC. I hope this clarifies for what I am trying to state.

I did enter exceptions on Kaspersky, howeever I am unable to achieve the desired results. The Ver of Kaspersky that is use is Kaspersky PURE 9.1.0.124. I will still try few things based on what you state and revert back in the mean while if you have any additional pointers of suggestions then please let me know.

Thanks once again.

-AL.

#5 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for your reply, I am using LG Media Link as a Client to Plex Media Server, LG has issues with latest Flash not being supported, based on my Model it does not support beyond Flash Ver 8.0 i.e Flash Ver. 9.0 and above is not supported and they will not do anything about it for the model that I currently own (42LV5500).

For the channels that use Flash, it's actually being used on the server (computer running Plex Media Server), not the client (LG TV). So you just need to make sure you have Flash installed on the server.

It might be interesting to see the Plex Media Server.log, I don't know if it will shed any light on the audio issue or not. There are instructions on where to find the logs at http://forums.plexap...ogs-on-windows/

#6 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Attached File  PMS Log.txt   689.93KB   2 downloads

Thanks for your very prompt reply :) much appreciated. Yes I have taken care of one major issue and that is with configuration of Kaspersky Firewall, took some further research and your initial email reply certainly provided the required boost :) so thanks for that once again. I am now able to see the channel populated without pausing or stopping the firewall.

Next I did make sure I have the last flash installed but regretfully I am still having issues with ESPN3, PBS, on Netflix I am unable to browse the Movie nor am I able to play the movies successfully, there is a lot of latency issue as well.

The good news now is I am able to play the CBS Channel and I think this was unable to play due to firefall bottleneck before.

Awaiting your reply anxiously, also I have attached the requested log file for your perusal and help.

Best regards,

-AL.

#7 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

The logs don't seem to have made it...

#8 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

The logs don't seem to have made it...

Sorry about that, I forgot to push the Attach this file button earlier.

Attached Files

#9 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hmm, I'm sorry to report that I'm a little stumped.

Re: getting audio at both the computer and the TV, a little background will make this less mysterious than you might think. For Flash plugins like ESPN3, the PMS has to run Flash, which will send the audio to the speakers. The PMS captures the loopback audio, but can't prevent it from going to the speakers, so it mutes the system to prevent you from hearing it both places. So, you're hearing the audio at the computer because PMS failed to mute the system. That's strange though, because PMS thinks it succeeded. I haven't heard of this before and I don't really have any ideas. Is there anything unusual about your audio setup that might serve as a hint?

Re: getting no video for things like ESPN3, that's very strange based on the logs. The logs show that ESPN3 was loaded and the transcoder started successfully. Things look pretty normal, the transcoder is producing output, the client is asking for that data, and PMS is sending the data to the client. But on your TV it never starts playing and shows an error, right? I'm asking a few other folks if they have any ideas, but I'm not sure what's going on there.

I'm not very familiar with the LG client. It might be worth trying the same videos in another client, such as the Plex Media Center app (Laika). If things are working there then at least we'll know the channel itself is working ok and something is breaking down elsewhere.

#10 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Sorry about that, I forgot to push the Attach this file button earlier.

Also I am unable to play Music via iTune, Pandora and RDIO.

#11 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hmm, I'm sorry to report that I'm a little stumped.

Re: getting audio at both the computer and the TV, a little background will make this less mysterious than you might think. For Flash plugins like ESPN3, the PMS has to run Flash, which will send the audio to the speakers. The PMS captures the loopback audio, but can't prevent it from going to the speakers, so it mutes the system to prevent you from hearing it both places. So, you're hearing the audio at the computer because PMS failed to mute the system. That's strange though, because PMS thinks it succeeded. I haven't heard of this before and I don't really have any ideas. Is there anything unusual about your audio setup that might serve as a hint?

Re: getting no video for things like ESPN3, that's very strange based on the logs. The logs show that ESPN3 was loaded and the transcoder started successfully. Things look pretty normal, the transcoder is producing output, the client is asking for that data, and PMS is sending the data to the client. But on your TV it never starts playing and shows an error, right? I'm asking a few other folks if they have any ideas, but I'm not sure what's going on there.

I'm not very familiar with the LG client. It might be worth trying the same videos in another client, such as the Plex Media Center app (Laika). If things are working there then at least we'll know the channel itself is working ok and something is breaking down elsewhere.

Based on what you have stated the Sound is a non issue now. However I still have issues with ESPN3, PBS,, Netflix and few other Channels of its kind. Next as mentioned earlier non of my Music Channel seems to play like iTunes (which plex does a self discovery, I was not required to add it) Pandora, and RDIO.

I will wait for your reply.

Thanks for the help so far!

#12 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Based on what you have stated the Sound is a non issue now. However I still have issues with ESPN3, PBS,, Netflix and few other Channels of its kind. Next as mentioned earlier non of my Music Channel seems to play like iTunes (which plex does a self discovery, I was not required to add it) Pandora, and RDIO.

I will wait for your reply.

Thanks for the help so far!

Can I expect some help here? :)

#13 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Can I expect some help here? :)

At the current time I have issues with ESPN3, NETFLIX, PBS on the Video Channels that I have tried, on the Music Side I have issue with Pandora and iTunes. Rdio is now working for me, I had to disable Port Monitoring on Kaspersky and also had to take care of few other Plex Application settings to make this work, also CBS was not working for me before but now it is based on what I had to set with Kaspersky. Seems like there is some Media Issue with Pandora, ESPN3, iTune, PBS etc. Also my Channel List populates very quickly which was an issue before.

Can you folks reply to through some light here?

-Al.

#14 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Sorry folks its a bit frustrating.. can someone help and get back to me please. I used to have Crackel working for me before but now it does not. It pops up with 480H and 360H choice and when i pick either it fails. This is what exactly happens few other Channel. What boggles my mind is Crackel used to work just fine however now it does not.

-AL.

PS. Please someone kindly revert back.

#15 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Sorry, I've personally been swamped with Roku stuff.

If some channels are working and others aren't then it's certainly possible the channel itself is messed up. Let me backtrack to an earlier response though:

I still think that's worth doing. If these things are working in Laika, then your channels are working but something is going wrong getting the channels to the LG client. If they don't work in Laika either, then something is wrong with the channels.

#16 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

Based on what you state here, the Channels are certainly messed up. Yes based on your adviced I did install Plex Client and I have identical issue just like the LG TV. Should a reinstall of both Plex Server and Media Center help me out?

#17 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

No, I doubt that reinstalling would affect anything. In some cases I suspect that the channel itself (not your copy of it) is messed up. This seems especially likely if you're able to use some channels, like CBS, but others don't work. The fact that CBS works suggests that your system is working on in general. For issues with specific channels there may be people who can better help in the channels forum: http://forums.plexap...-plex-channels/

As for some of the specific channels you mentioned:

PBS - I'm fairly certain this isn't supported on Windows yet. It uses a library that needs to be built on Windows and last I checked nobody had done that yet.
Netflix - Requires Silverlight, but it sounds like you have Silverlight working. I've heard a couple reports of people getting a black screen with Netflix, not sure if that's what you're seeing.
ESPN3 - Seems to be working for me, but I know ESPN3 in general is restricted to certain ISPs. Do you definitely have access?
Crackel - I don't know anything about Crackel, but a very quick test didn't seem to work for me either.
iTunes - Music or Video? Do the files have DRM? DRM iTunes files won't work, everything else should. If you include some logs I could probably look at it.
Pandora - Not entirely sure, but I think a Pandora redesign broke the Pandora channel and it hasn't been fixed yet.

#18 GoofyAL

GoofyAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

No, I doubt that reinstalling would affect anything. In some cases I suspect that the channel itself (not your copy of it) is messed up. This seems especially likely if you're able to use some channels, like CBS, but others don't work. The fact that CBS works suggests that your system is working on in general. For issues with specific channels there may be people who can better help in the channels forum: http://forums.plexap...-plex-channels/

As for some of the specific channels you mentioned:

PBS - I'm fairly certain this isn't supported on Windows yet. It uses a library that needs to be built on Windows and last I checked nobody had done that yet.
Netflix - Requires Silverlight, but it sounds like you have Silverlight working. I've heard a couple reports of people getting a black screen with Netflix, not sure if that's what you're seeing.
ESPN3 - Seems to be working for me, but I know ESPN3 in general is restricted to certain ISPs. Do you definitely have access?
Crackel - I don't know anything about Crackel, but a very quick test didn't seem to work for me either.
iTunes - Music or Video? Do the files have DRM? DRM iTunes files won't work, everything else should. If you include some logs I could probably look at it.
Pandora - Not entirely sure, but I think a Pandora redesign broke the Pandora channel and it hasn't been fixed yet.

I checked the forum link that you provided, seems like someone else has identical problem, for me Crackel was working just fine with the earlier version.. seems like that one is broken as well based on the redesign that you state with the newer version. Is there any place I can go and download the older version of Plex Server? I would like to reinstate that and check out how things work. I am very certain now the latest version of Plex Server has issue with Crackel and few other Channels that used to work just fine before. Granted I had major issues due to Kaspersky Firewall Issue but I have fixed everything on that end now..

Please provide me a link to Earlier Version of Plex Server or if possible email me at goofyal50@yahoo.com.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

#19 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3317 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

I believe the 0.9.5.2 release is still available at http://plex-download...9.502-en-US.exe

#20 Monbulk

Monbulk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Running Windows 7, Core i5 661@33.3ghz, 8gb RAM, 64 bit. Wireless home network.
Melbourne, Australia.
I bought my LW47 6500 just prior to Christmas and bolted on the HR698 B-ray recorder. Generally quite pleased with it.
I was using the recorder to link to my wireless home LAN. It worked OK, but I found the content a little sparse.
The other day I bought the Smart TV dongle and can access the internet side (very good!), but it can't recognise the networked PC's. When I tried to, it insisted I install Plex.
That has been a huge issue.
I downloaded and installed it yesterday.. It did not install in the manner described, but I ran it and the mouse disappeared off the screen when I start it. So does much of the page's content! Mostly black with no window menu. To close it I have to invoke Alt F4. I can't see much of the content but can use the cursor keys to flick through the side menu list, all to no avail, I'm afraid. I haven't the foggiest idea of how to use the interface.
I thought it must just run in the background and checked to see if the TV had found it. NO!
Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Uninstalled and downloaded again, figuring it might have been a corruption. Still the same. It just sits there!
Useless.
Allowing a Beta version on the market is stupid! If there is no other working software available, then the smart TV concept is a farce.
Is LG's Smart TV locked into the Plex system? Is it feasible to use another propriety media server - i.e. Windows Media Player? After all, the LG HR698 recorder does.

EDIT: I just noticed from above posts that there is a later version than the beta "Plex-Media-Server-v0.9.502-en-US.exe". I will try that and get back.
Had previously installed Silverlight and Flashplayer.

Back again. The later U.S. version did work. All OK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users