3 replies to this topic

#1 commonperson@gmail.com

commonperson@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi,
I'm just learning how to setup Plex and have a question. Is there a way to add a program to your library manually? I can't seem to find a way to select a file that is not detected by scanning the folder. I've several TV shows that are not detected and was hoping I'd be able to manually add these to my library.

Any help or suggestions would be uesful (oh and if you can explain how I can add web based content so it's visible on my Samsung blu-ray using the plex client that'd be awesome too!) Thanks for the help. :-)
Matt Ardill

I'm a professional cynic,
But my heart's not in it.
~Blur
Country House

#2 jgodfrey

jgodfrey

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

I don't know of a way to add files "manually" (at least, not as a TV show). However, I'd be surprised if you can't get the scanner to pick them up properly. First, do the shows exist on the "theTVDB"? If yes, I'd guess you have a folder or file naming issue. Look over the guidelines here:

http://wiki.plexapp...._Guide#TV_Shows

Jeff

#3 commonperson@gmail.com

commonperson@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

I don't know of a way to add files "manually" (at least, not as a TV show). However, I'd be surprised if you can't get the scanner to pick them up properly. First, do the shows exist on the "theTVDB"? If yes, I'd guess you have a folder or file naming issue. Look over the guidelines here:

http://wiki.plexapp...._Guide#TV_Shows

Jeff

No it doesn't unfortunately. It's a pretty obscure TV show from the 60s (my grandfather composed the score and got it as a gift a couple years back.) Ah well it's pretty close so far. I noticed an option for Personal Media Shows but didn't see how to set that up. I'll fiddle but thanks for the response!
Matt Ardill

I'm a professional cynic,
But my heart's not in it.
~Blur
Country House

#4 chris@christianford.com

chris@christianford.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Just follow that guide I have a few "Custom" shows for my wife, she likes indycar, so I rip the stream to disk and then place it in the proper directory.

\\mediadrive\Video\TV\Indy Race League\
S2011E0410 IZOD INDYCAR Series Toyota Grand Prix Of Long Beach (Full Race).flv
S2011E0503 IZOD INDYCAR Series Sao Paulo Indy Monday Race-pt1.flv
S2011E0503 IZOD INDYCAR Series Sao Paulo Indy Monday Race-pt2.flv
S2011E0529 IZOD INDYCAR Series Indy 500.avi

etc.

It shows up under TV Shows, no cover art (requested feature for custom shows not yet available) but I customized the metadata on the show itself as well as each episode a quick clip about what it was.

You don't need to assign it to "personal media" just set the metadata.

Oh yeah the place to search for your title is freebase.com not the thetvdb, if you can find it there you'll be able to figure out a search criteria.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users