48 replies to this topic

#1 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Since we've been getting tons of requests in PlexChat about this issue, here are the simple directions for activating myPlex with the PIN when prompted by your Roku box.

Step 1: You need to sign up for a myPlex account. Simply go to this URL and sign up, its completely free:

https://plex.tv

Make sure you verify your account and make sure it is active.

Step 2: On the Roku / Plex channel go to the settings for myPlex. When your Roku prompts you with a PIN number, go to this URL on a computer and enter the PIN:

https://plex.tv/pin

Step 3: Do not forget step #1 !!!

Thats it! You'll then have access to your myPlex Queue and will be able to connect to your remote and shared servers. You should see your Roku listed in:

https://plex.tv/devices

You must follow these steps. The admins/devs in PlexChat cannot enter PIN numbers for you at all. The entire process is self-service.

Cheers.

-------------------

Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+

Clients include: PHT MacMini, PHT MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome

Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!

#2 dmihovilovic

dmihovilovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Cannot get it to work.

The page you mention asks me to enter a pin in a browser and the roku box asks me also to enter a pin in the TV. What am I supposed to do to link these? Whenever I enter a pin in any of them and submit it I get an error.

#3 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

The Roku doesn't ask you to enter a pin in the TV, it just shows you a PIN and tells you to enter it in a browser.

1) In a browser, create or sign in to your myPlex account at my.plexapp.com
2) On the Roku, go to Preferences -> Connect myPlex account
3) Follow the directions on the screen, which say to go to my.plexapp.com/pin in a browser and enter the PIN that is shown on the screen.

#4 Mickee

Mickee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

I got my roku to link perfectly and love it, but......My daughter has plex on her computer and I have it on mine. Each time we try to switch servers we have to re-link the roku box, should that be happening? Is there a way to switch between accounts without having to re-link the roku each time?

Mickee

#5 hozedhead

hozedhead

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

I got my roku to link perfectly and love it, but......My daughter has plex on her computer and I have it on mine. Each time we try to switch servers we have to re-link the roku box, should that be happening? Is there a way to switch between accounts without having to re-link the roku each time?

Mickee

I haven't used myplex, but can't she share her library to your myplex account?

PMS 0.9.6.9 Windows XP SP3
Roku N1000 Software v3.1 Build 1167

#6 rex green

rex green

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

I will probably enjoy my plex if I ever get my roku.connected.

#7 robinrobin

robinrobin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

On the plex software on my computer I have choice between video channels, channel directory, home movies, queue.
On my Roku all I can see is queue which has videos from youtube using plexit. How do I fix this?

#8 hozedhead

hozedhead

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

On the plex software on my computer I have choice between video channels, channel directory, home movies, queue.
On my Roku all I can see is queue which has videos from youtube using plexit. How do I fix this?

read this

PMS 0.9.6.9 Windows XP SP3
Roku N1000 Software v3.1 Build 1167

#9 robinrobin

robinrobin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

They helped me in the chatroom. I had the wrong IP address entered in the Roku.

#10 rickmayis

rickmayis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

With my XD/S Roku simply entering the private channel code: plex and once channel was enabled it found my Plex server shares on my Mac mini right away and was off and running. I am blown away with the video and sound quality playing videos from the Roku vs using VLC on the mini. Developers have done an amazing job integrating Plex with Roku.
Private Roku Channel List @: mkxXstream | Streaming Internet TV Channels @: List

#11 x-techsolucoes

x-techsolucoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hi guys

quick question, can i use roku internally in my network withou having to sign in to my plex account?

i intend to use it only in my local network, i have my linux plex server setup and running fine now.

I can use plex media centre in my desktop and notebook fine internally, my querie is b4re i go out and spend nearly 190USD on the roku 2xs HD 1080p here in my coutry, i would like to know if it is possible to use it to watch direct from my local network.

any inputs will be appreciated

thkxs
tester10

#12 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Hi guys

quick question, can i use roku internally in my network withou having to sign in to my plex account?

Yes, absolutely! The Roku client will try to discover any Plex Media Servers on your local network, and if that doesn't work you can always configure one manually.

#13 claudiapatx

claudiapatx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Since we've been getting tons of requests in PlexChat about this issue, here are the simple directions for activating myPlex with the PIN when prompted by your Roku box.

Step 1: You need to sign up for a myPlex account. Simply go to this URL and sign up, its completely free:

https://my.plexapp.com

Make sure you verify your account and make sure it is active.

Step 2: When your Roku prompts you with a PIN number, go to this URL and enter it:

https://my.plexapp.com/pin

Step 3: Do not forget step #1 !!!

Thats it! You'll then have access to your myPlex content and will be able to connect to your remote servers.

You must follow these steps. The admins/devs in PlexChat cannot enter PIN numbers for you at all. The entire process is self-service.

Cheers.

I never EVER got a code on my Roku screen. It just straight opened. And it partially works. Not that well though. It also says "You have no servers of your own published to myPlex. " And also MyPlex was unable to connect to server. I have a TWC Ubee router. Hulu won't work. Hardly any channel. I know I would love this if it did! Any suggestions? . I need help!!!

Attached Files

#14 pacheco1122

pacheco1122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

#15 pacheco1122

pacheco1122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

#16 5stringdeath

5stringdeath

Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Dont enter PINS in this thread. Do it on your myPlex page as indicated in the first post

Step 2: When your Roku prompts you with a PIN number, go to this URL and enter it:

https://my.plexapp.com/pin

-------------------

Running PMS on a MacMini and Synology 412+

Clients include: PHT MacMini, PHT MacBook Pro, iPad 2, iPad Retina, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, Sony GS7, Nexus 7, Roku3, Chromecast, Plex Web in Chrome

Fav Plex Feature: SYNC!

#17 adobekid1

adobekid1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

When I go to your link to enter my Roku pin, I get warnings about security and trojans. What do I do?

#18 Bluedevil229

Bluedevil229

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

How exactly does this help me? I enabled it, and see no changes. Is this to be able to use plex on my roku when I travel?

#19 lhodgkins

lhodgkins

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

How exactly does this help me? I enabled it, and see no changes. Is this to be able to use plex on my roku when I travel?

Yes.. This also gives you to access to your "myplex" que

Server: 2009 Mac Mini C2D
Clients: Mac, Windows, Roku, Roku2, iOS, Android, PleXBMC,

#20 loeza

loeza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users