36 replies to this topic

#1 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi all,

Looks like videos work on the Sony Blu Ray player bdp-s580 right out the gate, but for some reason no audio or image content (let alone meta data) seem to work.

I'm assunming it's using the PS3 profile (as the OS on the blu ray and ps3 are pretty similar), but what would I need to know to modify the profile specifically for the s580?

Also, I'm not seeing myplex options in the preferences, is this something I need to setup on the server mac itself (for content from an internet plex server, not a bookmarked webclip).

Thanks!

#2 tcviper

tcviper

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

This device just like the BRavia need to have it's own device profile, as Elan said in the blog.
Preferences show up per DLNA device when you go with your DLNA device to the Plex server.

Primary PMS: HP Quad Intel Xeon Ubuntu 12.04, 16Gb memory

Secondary PMS: Macmini 2012 i7, 16gb Ram, Fuzion Drive (1TB)

Storage Server 1: Synology RS3412xs with 20TB of WD Red Drives, AFP to Plex Server

Storage Server 2: Synology DS1511+ with 10TB of WD Black Drives, AFP to Plex Server (PMS 2)

DLNA/Airplay Clients: Sony KDL-55W905A | KDL-42W655A, Sony Receiver DN1040

Desktop Clients: 2 x Windows 8 24", 2 x 15" MBP, 2 x 13" MBPA, iMac i5 2011 27"

Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5, 2 x Sony Xperia Z, 1x iPad 4 32Gb

Media Players: Sony NSZ-GS7 GTV, ATV3

#3 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

This device just like the BRavia need to have it's own device profile, as Elan said in the blog.
Preferences show up per DLNA device when you go with your DLNA device to the Plex server.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. According to the blog, the profiles need to go in ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

but I cannot get the DLNA profiles to load:

Mar 29, 2012 09:31:05 [0xac79f2c0] DEBUG - Loading com.plexapp.dlna is complete (success=1)
Mar 29, 2012 09:31:06 [0xac79f2c0] DEBUG - [PERF] Slowest TransactionScope in 0.038000 ms.
Mar 29, 2012 09:31:06 [0xac79f2c0] DEBUG - Reading system DLNA profiles
Mar 29, 2012 09:31:06 [0xac79f2c0] DEBUG - Unable to find client DLNA profiles

Am I missing something?

#4 tcviper

tcviper

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

I also have no idea about that, that's why im posting it in here hoping Elan will pick em up,
I got the Bravia profile from Serviio DLNA server and looking through PS3Mediaserver now it also has profiles for the BDP series ;)

Storage Server 1: Synology RS3412xs with 20TB of WD Red Drives, AFP to Plex Server

Storage Server 2: Synology DS1511+ with 10TB of WD Black Drives, AFP to Plex Server (PMS 2)

#5 tcviper

tcviper

Plex Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Here are some other examples: http://forum.serviio...ewforum.php?f=7

#6 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Here are some other examples: http://forum.serviio...ewforum.php?f=7

Cool, I've got a Directv profile from serviio that I'd love to try out as well, just trying to figure out where to drop the bugger :)

#7 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

UPDATE 5.17: Please see the code in the later post for the full up to date profile.

Here's the code for the BDP-s580. It's virtually the same as the PS3 one, but it needed a specific profile calling the Sony Bluray name. Should also work on the current version of the sony blu ray players

<Client name="Sony Bluray">
   <!--based on PS3 Media Server SonyBluRay.conf -->
   <Identification>
      <Header name="X-AV-Client-Info"  substring="Blu-ray Disc Player" />
   </Identification>
   <TranscodeTargets>
      <VideoProfile container="mpegts" codec="h264" audioCodec="mp3" />
      <PhotoProfile codec="jpeg" />
   </TranscodeTargets>
   <Settings>
      <Setting name="LocalQualityCap" value="11" />
   </Settings>  
   <DirectPlayProfiles>
      <!-- Some AVI formats are supposed to be supported for non US devices, but they don't work in US version -->
      <VideoProfile container="mpegts" codec="mpeg2video,h264" audioCodec="aac,mp2,mp3" />
      <VideoProfile container="avi" codec="mpeg4,h264" audioCodec="aac, mp2,mp3,wav,pcm_u8" />
      <VideoProfile container="mp4" codec="h264,mpeg4" audioCodec="aac,ac3" />
    </DirectPlayProfiles>
 <CodecProfiles>
      <!-- TODO(schuyler) These limitations don't seem to be documented, might need to find through experimentation -->
      <VideoCodec name="h264">
        <Setting name="MaxResolution" value="1920x1080" />
        <Setting name="MaxFps" value="30" />
        <Setting name="MaxBitRate" value="15360" />
        <Setting name="MaxH264Profile" value="5.1" />
      </VideoCodec>
      </CodecProfiles>
 </Client>

#8 rhermoso

rhermoso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hi, trying this for my S570 and keep getting the below in the log. What am I doing wrong (I tried multiple ways, alone in the xml file, appending to the default profile, etc., all to now avail)?

Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - Starting Plex DLNA Server...
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - Unique device name = 1390bae3-0ea4-ee2a-18f5-269883ad5597
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - DLNA server port: 32469
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - PMS: http://10.0.1.2:32400/
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - MyPlex: https://my.plexapp.com/
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - [PERF] Slowest TransactionScope in 0.024000 ms.
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - Reading system DLNA profiles
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] DEBUG - Reading client DLNA profiles
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] ERROR - Error parsing content from file '/Users/raf/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/dlnaclientprofiles.xml'
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] ERROR - read - failed to parse /Users/raf/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/dlnaclientprofiles.xml
Apr 15, 2012 15:21:40 [0xac91d2c0] ERROR - Unable to read client profile file: /Users/raf/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/dlnaclientprofiles.xml

#9 mfeingol

mfeingol

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2897 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

rhermoso:

That error means that the XML failed to validate.

Perhaps try this:

... instead of this:

<Client name=<Sony Bluray">

#10 mfeingol

mfeingol

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2897 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Btw, fkick, if that profile is working well for you, can you add it to the working profiles thread?

Thanks!

#11 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi All,

Sorry I've been away these last few weeks. There were some small issues with the code, that I finally had a chance to update (updated above) and now all files seem to be working perfectly. I'll add it to the working profiles.

Thanks!

#12 mfeingol

mfeingol

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2897 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Awesome. Thanks, fkick.

#13 zonny

zonny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

There were some small issues with the code, that I finally had a chance to update (updated above) and now all files seem to be working perfectly. I'll add it to the working profiles.

Hi, fkick. I tried your profile posted in the working profiles thread on my Sony S590. I'm mainly interested in watching plugin streaming channels, like Hulu, network TV and Comedy Central, but none of them worked on my S590. Are you using any of those channel plugins and are they working on your S580? Or are you mainly streaming your local media collection?

I'm also going to give Serviio a try and see if any of those channels come on that.

#14 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hi, fkick. I tried your profile posted in the working profiles thread on my Sony S590. I'm mainly interested in watching plugin streaming channels, like Hulu, network TV and Comedy Central, but none of them worked on my S590. Are you using any of those channel plugins and are they working on your S580? Or are you mainly streaming your local media collection?

I'm also going to give Serviio a try and see if any of those channels come on that.

Hi Zonny,

I've just been working with local media and myplex media... the only steaming content I usually use is from Amazon (for which there is no plex plugin currently) so I wasn't able to test that media. Make sure that you have compatibility checking disabled on your server preferences, and if you're on a Mac that you have Sound Flower installed.

#15 zonny

zonny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

I've just been working with local media and myplex media... the only steaming content I usually use is from Amazon (for which there is no plex plugin currently) so I wasn't able to test that media. Make sure that you have compatibility checking disabled on your server preferences, and if you're on a Mac that you have Sound Flower installed.

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

#16 rhermoso

rhermoso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

I tried this with no luck. Fkick's working profile doesn't show either. Does the 570 just not work with Plex?

rhermoso:

That error means that the XML failed to validate.

Perhaps try this:

... instead of this:

<Client name=<Sony Bluray">

#17 greg@gregtompkins.com

greg@gregtompkins.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Do you know if this works with the BDP-BX38 and BDP-BX58 also?

Thank You

#18 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Here is the completed, 100% working profile for the BDP-S580

<!--based on PS3 Media Server SonyBluRay.conf and Serviio Profile -->
    <Identification>
      <Header name="X-AV-Client-Info" substring="Blu-ray Disc Player" />
    </Identification>
    <TranscodeTargets>
      <VideoProfile container="mpegts" codec="mpeg2video" audioCodec="ac3" />
   </TranscodeTargets>
    <DirectPlayProfiles>
      <VideoProfile container="mpegts" codec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video,h264" audioCodec="ac3,acc,mp3,pcm_u8,lpcm" />
      <VideoProfile container="mpeg" codec="mpeg1video,mpeg2video" audioCodec="ac3,mp3,pcm_u8,mpa,lpcm" />
      <VideoProfile container="mp4,m4v,h264" codec="h264,mpeg4" audioCodec="ac3,aac,pcm_u8,mp3,lpcm" />
      <VideoProfile container="avi" codec="mpeg4,h264" audioCodec="ac3,aac,mp3,pcm_u8,lpcm" />
      <VideoProfile container="mkv" codec="h264,mpeg4" audioCodec="ac3,aac,mp3,pcm_u8,lpcm" />
    </DirectPlayProfiles>
    <CodecProfiles>
      <!-- TODO(schuyler) These limitations don't seem to be documented, might need to find through experimentation -->
    <VideoCodec name="h264">
        <Setting name="MaxResolution" value="1920x1080" />
        <Setting name="MaxFps" value="30" />
        <Setting name="MaxBitRate" value="15360" />
        <Setting name="MaxH264Profile" value="5.1" />
    </VideoCodec>
    <VideoAudioCodec name="ac3">
        <Setting name="MaxAudioChannels" value="6" />
        <Setting name="MaxBitRate" value="320" />
    </VideoAudioCodec>
    <VideoAudioCodec name="mp3">
    </VideoAudioCodec>
    </CodecProfiles>    <ContainerProfiles>
      <!--US Players require avi be set to the video/mpeg mime type. If you have a European or Canadian player, you can delete the line below (may help speed up avi load times on non-US players -->
      <Container name="avi" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <!--For European and Canadian players, you can set the mkv mime type to video/divx to allow subtitle and multitrack audio  -->
      <Container name="mkv" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="mpegts" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="mpeg" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="mp4" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="m4v" mimeType="video/mpeg" />

<!--WMA should be supported, but only appears to be when disguised as mpeg -->
      <Container name="wma" mimeType="audio/mpeg" />
      <Container name="WMA_BASE" mimeType="audio/mpeg" />
      <Container name="WMA_FULL" mimeType="audio/mpeg" />

<Container name="mp3" mimeType="audio/mpeg" />
      <Container name="lpcm" mimeType="audio/L16" />

<Container name="AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="AVC_MP4_LPCM" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC" mimeType="video/mpeg" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD" mimeType="video/mpeg" />

<Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HD_DTS_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HD_50_LPCM_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="VC1_TS_AP_L1_AC3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="VC1_TS_AP_L2_AC3_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="VC1_TS_HD_DTS_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
      <Container name="VC1_TS_HD_DTS_ISO" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />
    </ContainerProfiles>
 </Client>

#19 ergohack

ergohack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

This line throws an error. I needed to remove the second less-than symbol after DTS_T

<Container name="VC1_TS_HD_DTS_T<" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />

...changed to
     <Container name="VC1_TS_HD_DTS_T" mimeType="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" />

#20 fkick

fkick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Whoops, don't know why I didn't catch that. Thanks! I'll correct the code above

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users