• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Philipp

Philipp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Is there a possibility to define a cover picture for each folder listed under pictures, like the cover picture for events in iPhoto?
Would be much nicer when showing the pictures to friends on the TV.

Regards
Philipp

#2 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

This isn't currently supported. I'm pretty positive it's been requested.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#3 onceApixel

onceApixel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

+1 from me on this!
I was quite surprised when I tried the photo section, it looks so unpolished in comparison to everything else in Plex. Simple cover photos (or just showing the first photo as cover) would be a huge improvement here :)

By the way.. Is this a limitation of the photo media scanner, or Plex internal code of the photo section?
I would gladly give a try to do the coding myself if the code is accessible in any way, I would love to see a nice looking photo section in Plex! :D

#4 MARKYB0Y

MARKYB0Y

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

maybe I am missing something here but isn't it already implemented?

open your photo section and go into the album, then there is a change artwork button just like changing the cover of a movie

press change artwork and it tells you no posters available, browse and select the photo you want to be the cover

I have started using this and it works fine

hope it helps

#5 onceApixel

onceApixel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

open your photo section and go into the album, then there is a change artwork button just like changing the cover of a movie

press change artwork and it tells you no posters available, browse and select the photo you want to be the cover

hope it helps

Ahh.. found it, in the Plex Media Manager - after trying every context menu available in Plex. Thanks for the tip!
This manual setting works, setting a default artwork during the scan would be nice though :)

#6 Chris C

Chris C

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8626 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

To be clear, that method would work if you're running the OS X Plex Media Server where you have access to the cocoa-based Media Manager. For a Windows or Linux version (or someone using the Web Media Manager even on OS X) they won't be able to browse for an image to select.

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Provide Log Files when reporting issues // Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(please, no private messages unless requested)

#7 Philipp

Philipp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

hope it helps

O.k., thanks. Didn't think about that. But please make it automatically like iPhoto does. Just take the first picture by default, make it possible to set another individual pic for each event/folder/album (however you call it) from the folder.

#8 nrutman

nrutman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

O.k., thanks. Didn't think about that. But please make it automatically like iPhoto does. Just take the first picture by default, make it possible to set another individual pic for each event/folder/album (however you call it) from the folder.

Um, exactly.  I'm completely confused as to why, for a folder full of pictures, there's "no artwork available".  Isn't it completely obvious it should choose one picture (the first, why not) from the folder for the artwork?  Keep the option to allow manual changes of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users