10 replies to this topic

#1 kes7u2004

kes7u2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hello.

I'm very new to plex, but have been pleasantly surprised. I have the PMS running on my computer, and my ROKU is communicating with it. So far so good, with videos running, including from HULU (albeit with enlarged, zoomed aspect ratio!)

Everything was going well with the ESPN3 plugin, selected a video, got through the loading, spinning red circle on the screen, but instead of playing the video, subsequently got a 305 error.

Is there something I need to be doing differently with ESPN3? I have comcast and routinely watch ESPN3 from my computers.

Thanks for your help.
Kevin

#2 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3333 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

The fact that you got to the spinning red circle suggests that things are working from the Roku's perspective, but something inside the channel went wrong. The other way you can check to see if it's Roku specific is by trying ESPN3 in another Plex client (such as Plex Media Center, which is a free download on Mac/Windows if you don't have it already). If it's not Roku specific, you might get more luck in the Channels forum. I was able to pull something up in ESPN3 just now, so I don't think the channel is fundamentally broken.

(And FYI, the Hulu zoom issue is an issue with the Hulu channel not the Roku specifically, and I believe someone is working on it.)

#3 kes7u2004

kes7u2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Thank you for the reply and info.

I'll try out another client and keep trying with the Roku!

Kevin

#4 ninerfan1

ninerfan1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

I watch ESPN3 through Playon

#5 J.P.

J.P.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Watched the St. Louis Cardinals game tonight on ESPN3 without a blip. Channel works!

#6 kes7u2004

kes7u2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi J.P.

Are you watching through the ESPN3 channel on Roku?

Thanks.
Kevin

#7 agrilla

agrilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hey, I wasn't sure where to put this, and didn't want to start a new thread. This one seemed as appropriate as I was going to get.

Anyway, I've got the Plex server running on my home computer, and the Plex channel added to my Roku, and am able to add channels and view them over the Roku.

I can't find the ESPN3 (or Hulu, for that matter) channel, though. Do I need to do something to enable it? I feel like I'm taking stupid pills or something.

#8 hozedhead

hozedhead

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

I can't find the ESPN3 (or Hulu, for that matter) channel, though. Do I need to do something to enable it? I feel like I'm taking stupid pills or something.

Did you disable capability checking?

PMS 0.9.6.9 Windows XP SP3
Roku N1000 Software v3.1 Build 1167

#9 agrilla

agrilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Did you disable capability checking?

Yep.

#10 agrilla

agrilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

So...no suggestions? Am I not looking in the right place (the channel directory)?

#11 J.P.

J.P.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

For reference, I did not add the ESPN3 channel using the ROKU interface, I added it using the PC interface for Plex. Once I added it in the PC interface, it showed up on the Roku and works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users