• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mynameistaken

mynameistaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I am having problems playing the video channels I have installed. They all open regularly and am able to select videos/episodes. However, when I select to play a video I get an Unable to Play Video error. I get the same error on my Roku and my iPad app. My server is a Win7 32-bit machine and running 0.9.3 PMS. I have the latest version of flash and silverlight installed.

I have tried a number of channels. Here are a few that I have tried: CBS, ESPN3, ABC, MTV, and HGTV.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might fix the issue? Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks.

#2 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3333 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

What browser do you normally use? If you normally use either IE or Chrome, you need to make sure you have the version of Flash for "Other Browsers" installed, as described at http://www.plexapp.c...ownload-new.php

If that doesn't solve the problem, the Plex Media Server.log would probably be useful. http://forums.plexap...ogs-on-windows/

#3 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2595 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Support for Flash and Silverlight based plugins wasn't added to PMS for Windows until version 0.9.5 (and all the plugins you mention (CBS, ESPN3, ABC, MTV, and HGTV) use Flash).

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

#4 mynameistaken

mynameistaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

My mistake, I am actually running 0.9.5.3 and using FireFox as my web browser. I attached a few different logs.

Attached Files

#5 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3333 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Can you also attach Plex Media Server.log? It should be in the folder above those.

#6 mynameistaken

mynameistaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Here is the server log

Attached Files

#7 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3333 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

The server looks like it should be able to play webkit/flash/silverlight channels:

Apr 10, 2012 10:31:20 [3176] DEBUG - WebKit supports Flash content
Apr 10, 2012 10:31:20 [3176] DEBUG - WebKit supports Silverlight content
Apr 10, 2012 10:31:20 [3176] INFO - Successfully initialized WebKit

It doesn't look like you had tried to play anything in that particular Plex Media Server.log though. So maybe try to play something and then grab the logs. A few notes:

CBS - I remember hearing a rumor that the CBS channel was having problems, but they may have been fixed, not sure. The Channels forum might have more info.
ESPN3 - Note that ESPN3 only works with certain ISPs. If you're not able to use it in Firefox, it won't work in Plex either.

#8 mynameistaken

mynameistaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I just tried accessing a video on ESPN3 (my ISP has access) on PlexGrid and the official Plex Channel on the Roku. Also, I tried an HGTV episode in the official Plex channel as well. They both gave the following error: Video Unavailable - We're Unable to Play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video.

Attached Files

#9 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3333 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Perfect, thanks, here's the problem:

Apr 10, 2012 11:06:22 [3176] ERROR - Transcoder\MovieEncoder.cpp:1059 Audio capture error: Failed to get default device (0x80070490)

WebKit channels have to capture audio using system APIs to essentially listen to the audio going to your speakers. For some reason that's failing with the above message. Is there anything unusual about audio on that system? Do you have a soundcard? Speakers attached?

#10 mynameistaken

mynameistaken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Ok, that makes sense. There are no speakers attached to that PC. I will add some and verify that the sound card is functioning.

Thank you for all of your help!

#11 kahlp

kahlp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

" video Unavailable - We're Unable to Play this video, make sure the server is running and has access to this video."
This is the message that I get when I tray to play a lot of videos from my Roku. Some are working but most give me this message.
My link
I am not sure if this is the way I am supposed to send you my logs. I am not very savvy when it comes to this.

#12 Rueg

Rueg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

I am having the same issue.

#13 brownSys

brownSys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

The problem is...This thread is way to short: http://forums.plexap...roken-channels/

Also see this thread: http://forums.plexap...472#entry291472

and this one: http://forums.plexap...787#entry290787

#14 Rueg

Rueg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Links don't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users