22 replies to this topic

#1 Synlor

Synlor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi,

So I have a pretty basic plugin that lets you watch the tv shows offered by Amazon prime. I must emphasize this is an early release, I just wanted to see if people could replicate a bug of mine, that is, pausing a video crashes the media server. Let me know either way if it does or doesn't crash PMS when you pause during a video.

I haven't added movies yet, it's only tv shows. Navigation is basic, you can list all shows, browse by genre, or by network. However you'll note that not all shows appear in the shows category, that is Amazon's fault as they don't list it as a show individually on their site which I scrape from. You can try to find it by using the all tv shows option, but warning, that will take awhile to load because its scraping every season of every show on Amazon (they stupidly split the a show's seasons when you try to browse).

Make sure to put in your username and password in the preferences before you try to load a video.

Again let me know if anyone else runs into PMS crashing when you try to pause the video.

Attached Files

#2 Synlor

Synlor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Well this is a much improved version in terms of video handling. I still don't know 100% what I changed to make the controls work without crashing the server. Furthermore, after decompiling the video swf I found out a way to relaunch it allowing me to have full javascript controls, so it's setup to not only pause and play, but the seek bar works to visualize how far in, and forward backward controls work, and finally it can actually detect when the video is done.

I still haven't work on the movie side of it all, I'm not sure how I am going to approach it... there are just so many that it is unfeasable to scrape them in a short amount of time. Any ideas on how to do this? Possibly some database that gets updated every few runs that holds all the data so I don't need to scrape everytime?

Oh, minor addition in that the summaries are now displayed, and the season pictures show up as well.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Attached Files

#3 SutFam

SutFam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hi--I tried your plug-in (much needed for Plex!); I downloaded the 63.89k version and still got the crashing of the server when the playback within Amazon was paused when using Plex 095, but didn't have the problem using it in Plex 094.
Anyone else having that trouble?

Also, ideas on getting the playback from Amazon to fill the screen? (there's a black frame around the playback on my computer).

Thanks so much for working on this!

#4 PCheese

PCheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

It would be great to have a functional Amazon Prime plug-in! Have you considered putting this on github so other people could contribute more easily?

I installed and set up this plug-in, but I haven't been able to start playback of any video files yet. Plex Media Server crashes when I do. Attached is the crash report, and in addition the following messages appeared in Console:

4/22/12 11:07:58.769 PM Plex Media Server: Could not find image named 'IBLostImage'.
4/22/12 11:07:59.726 PM Plex Media Server: -[SUHost sharedFrameworksPath]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x32a0010

Attached Files

#5 blipblopblip

blipblopblip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Nice work so far! it doesn't seem to work on my Win7 32bit box... I know this is an early beta but do you have plans to keep working on it? I would love to get this functionality!

#6 Synlor

Synlor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Sorry guys, dead week with lots of projects due. Most universities during dead week you have no classes and get to study, here we have classes and all our semester long projects are due... no idea why they call it dead week as its the busiest week of the semester.

These bugs where it is crashing the media server, I have no idea how to fix that. It appears to be a problem with the built in webkit browsing accessing amazon's site, and I think the only way it could get fixed is a developer look at. Maybe it is something on my end and don't want to blame them, but I have given up on trying to find a way, especially since it is working for me (I'm kind of selfish, I'm only writing this for myself, I just figured I'd share what I have in progress)

Anyways, I have been making some improvements. Now instead of the unsorted option listing all pages, it only lists the first page of search results and has a entry for the next page. Secondly, there is a search function available for both TV and movies now. For movies, the only way to browse is via searching, I still haven't implemented any genres or anything like that.

I have been trying to get it to work with your amazon library of purchased VOD content, but that is not going very well as I am having a hard time logging in on the python end of it. Doing a simple POST request with the username and password doesn't fly with Amazon, and I don't know how to do anything else, so I'll play around with it this weekend some more, but I wouldn't count on that.

To be honest, if I can get the library function working I will most likely stop working on this, as it is good enough for me. I will look into putting it up on github as suggested so other people can build on it from there.

Attached File  Amazon Prime.bundle.zip   64.41KB   88 downloads Beta 3

#7 Synlor

Synlor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Alright, I got the purchased library working with a little help of the old amazon plugin, and I put it all up on github. https://github.com/k...ex-Amazon-Prime
Note to anyone looking at the source code, it isn't pretty and my xpath's are probably the least efficient way to do it, I have never used it before so I just kept trying different things until I got it to work.

As of now, I believe I won't be working on this anymore. Like I said, this was just a personal project and decided to share what I had. By all means someone take over and improve it. The people who have problems with it crashing, sorry, I don't know how to fix that as I believe its a bug in the plex software itself. It's my understanding that the media server shouldn't crash whatever a plugin does, so I am stumped.

Sorry for not being more helpful/continuing this, but it is good enough for me.

Attached Files

#8 PCheese

PCheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for putting this up on Github, Synlor!

#9 marklight

marklight

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I for one really appreciate this - i know there are a ton of people that would love a working Amazon VOD plugin, especially if it'd work with the iOS devices.

#10 ATLChris

ATLChris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

I am very interested in this. Has anyone further developed this plugin?

Amazon Prime Watch Instantly is really starting to take off and I would love to see a full featured plugin for Plex and Amazon Watch Instantly.

~ATLChris
http://www.ATLChris.com
Twitter: @ATLChris

Mac Mini (Early 2009) with Plex, Drobo S (x 2), Remote Buddy, and a Harmony One Remote. Roku 1 XD, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 for non living room viewing.

#11 tiny-e

tiny-e

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

Hi- Thanks for the cool plugin!

Just tried this out. Everything seems to work -- until I try to play a video. Then it hangs at "sign in" and the plugin apparently quits.

log here: http://pastebin.com/fq8a2HuL

EDIT: OOF!.. just saw the dev is no longer supporting the plugin... rats.

#12 tiny-e

tiny-e

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

http://forums.plexap...te-for-plugins/

If you're a plexpass member you can vote for the plugin to be improved/fixed at the link above.

#13 jk0

jk0

Channel Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

I honestly can't believe something this popular/in demand isn't more widely supported. I want it so bad that I'm almost tempted to write the plugin myself! :)

#14 ATLChris

ATLChris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I honestly can't believe something this popular/in demand isn't more widely supported. I want it so bad that I'm almost tempted to write the plugin myself! :)

Please do! It should be supported. I watch Amazon Instant Video (Prime Mostly) almost everyday. Hopefully Plex will bring on some plugin developers with their new revenue stream (Plex Pass).

~ATLChris

Mac Mini (Early 2009) with Plex, Drobo S (x 2), Remote Buddy, and a Harmony One Remote. Roku 1 XD, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 for non living room viewing.

#15 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2116 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

You should give it a go! I'd be willing to help you out with any questions you may have... Just DM me and we can discuss.
Ian
Plugins: SkyGo, LoveFilm-Player, Crackle, Blinkbox, Stuff.tv, 5by5, RWC2011, FXUK, Jerry Seinfeld, VideoJug, SoundCloud, Ziln
Rewitten: YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Pitchfork.TV, National Geographic
Blog: Plex Plugin DevBlog

#16 jk0

jk0

Channel Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

You should give it a go! I'd be willing to help you out with any questions you may have... Just DM me and we can discuss.
Ian

Thanks, maybe I'll start looking into it this week.

#17 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Recently, I've been hacking on Synlor's latest version of the plugin beta. Basically, I just updated the code to use the 2.1 version of the Plex plugin framework and tried to work around the need for Flash/Webkit by grabbing the RTMP streams directly. At this point, it seems that the functionality is limited by the DRM that Amazon embeds in some (if not all) of their videos. I don't have the time to do a lot of testing across their entire library (both because I have a real job and because my free trial period is rapidly running out). Anyone who is interested feel free to download the plugin bundle and unzip it into your plugins folder. I'm interested in any feedback, positive or negative. If you run into problems, errors, etc., logs will be a lot more helpful than just vague "it's not working" posts. Specifically a zip file containing the plugin log (com.plexapp.plugins.AmazonPrime.log), the Plex Media Server log (PlexMediaServer.log), and log for the desktop client (Plex.log) if that's what you're using for playback.
Download: AmazonPrime.bundle

The source code with my changes is available on github here.

P.S. jk0, if you're interested in collaborating or just taking over completely, I'm glad to have the help.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#18 jk0

jk0

Channel Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

P.S. jk0, if you're interested in collaborating or just taking over completely, I'm glad to have the help.

I like what I see here -- great start! I will fork your repo on GitHub for now and we can go from there.

#19 ATLChris

ATLChris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Recently, I've been hacking on Synlor's latest version of the plugin beta. Basically, I just updated the code to use the 2.1 version of the Plex plugin framework and tried to work around the need for Flash/Webkit by grabbing the RTMP streams directly. At this point, it seems that the functionality is limited by the DRM that Amazon embeds in some (if not all) of their videos. I don't have the time to do a lot of testing across their entire library (both because I have a real job and because my free trial period is rapidly running out). Anyone who is interested feel free to download the plugin bundle and unzip it into your plugins folder. I'm interested in any feedback, positive or negative. If you run into problems, errors, etc., logs will be a lot more helpful than just vague "it's not working" posts. Specifically a zip file containing the plugin log (com.plexapp.plugins.AmazonPrime.log), the Plex Media Server log (PlexMediaServer.log), and log for the desktop client (Plex.log) if that's what you're using for playback.
Download: AmazonPrime.bundle

The source code with my changes is available on github here.

Thanks for posting this. I just ran through it really quickly and found that none of the "Your Library" section works. I added my credentials, but nothing showed in the "Your Library" section. I also wasn't able to play any videos, even when selecting fro the regular TV section. Also, the general movies search does not work. Sorry, don't have time to zip up and send logs. Just wanted to give quick feedback on the plugin.

~ATLChris

#20 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2896 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for posting this. I just ran through it really quickly and found that none of the "Your Library" section works. I added my credentials, but nothing showed in the "Your Library" section. I also wasn't able to play any videos, even when selecting fro the regular TV section. Also, the general movies search does not work. Sorry, don't have time to zip up and send logs. Just wanted to give quick feedback on the plugin.

Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to seeing what the logs have to say about it.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users