• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 modgill

modgill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

First things first, I Love Plex and how easy it is to use.

I have iMAC, Macbook-Pro, Macbook, WDTV LIVE, PS3 & Xbox360.

I use and Watch 1080p movies streaming from my iMAC, to Macbook & Pro without even a hint of delay. 8 GB (Baraka) streams without a flutter and its perfect, 11 GB files stream without a hiss. its perfect, even seeking takes a fraction of a second.

I have a modem-adsl connected to WiFi Router (Edimaxx N Router) and Ps3, Imac, Macbook, Macbook Pro, iphone, itouch connects via Wifi.

THE PROBLEM

I have a huge problem that PS3 can only stream video files which are like 200 MB or 300 MB max. Above that, everything starts stuttering like a bitch. The wifi signal on PS3 is 75%. I play Multiplayer games on it like a breeze. But the DLNA plex server always freaking stutters. I just cannot find how to fix that. I have tried everything like increasing Ps3 wifi connection, etc etc. and even changsing Plex stream setting found within ps3 to 360p etc. nothing words. its the same freaking stutter.

please help.

#2 ube_

ube_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

THE PROBLEM

I have a huge problem that PS3 can only stream video files which are like 200 MB or 300 MB max. Above that, everything starts stuttering like a bitch. The wifi signal on PS3 is 75%. I play Multiplayer games on it like a breeze. But the DLNA plex server always freaking stutters. I just cannot find how to fix that. I have tried everything like increasing Ps3 wifi connection, etc etc. and even changsing Plex stream setting found within ps3 to 360p etc. nothing words. its the same freaking stutter.

please help.

I've underlined WIFI, since it's probably your problem (as I figure it's mine as well). The PS3 is equipped with a 802.11g WIFI. And I quite sure that 54 (theoretical) Mbit is not enough to stream a HD stream from PMS, try a wired connection to exclude network problems.

#3 modgill

modgill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Well well well.

please someone tell me a solution.

Cuz i cannot get a wired connection to my PS3, its impossible, will look ugly in my house, there is just no way due to my house setup.

Also. 802G connection was also on my MACBOOK earlier because i had WPA (TKIP) protection and it only allowed for 54MBPS, still it was running fantastic, perfect. now i turned my protection to WPA (AES) it gives me full N connection of 300 MBPS, still runs perfectly, even better for Baraka, as seeking is cut even more. by fractions of a second i might add.

so, whats the freakinnnnnnnnnn flipiin problem with the PS3, its in perfect spot, channel is Okay, everything is fine, even online gaming, its just the freaking STREAM, i dunno if other users r having this prolbme.

#4 Rick D.

Rick D.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Maybe you need to invest in something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_1

I use a this one:
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_1
But for just a few dollars more, I would go with one that will get the most transfer rate.
It works great in my house.
Rick
Ellington, CT

#5 mfeingol

mfeingol

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2893 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

modgill:

If you move your PS3 temporarily to a wired connection, that might tell you whether the issue is the WiFi connection or something else.

#6 MisoSoup

MisoSoup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

I use these:

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

If the problem is the wifi connection, you won't be able to fix it without using a better network connection. Better network connection doesn't equal PS3 wifi, ugly or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users