• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thadduessmith

thadduessmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm able to browse throughout the entire media library, but the moment I try to play something even as basic as mp3's it locks up both the player and PMS. Is this DLNA profile related, or something else? Anyone working on a dedicated profile for the Oppo players, or know of a different existing make/model profile that will work?

Thanks - Michael

#2 mfeingol

mfeingol

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4077 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Unfortunately I can't help you with your device locking up. MP3 access via PMS/DLNA is pretty simple. We offer up an http address for the file, and the client downloads it. No more, no less.

Now, if PMS is hanging, please generate a crash dump of the hung process from Task Manager (I'm assuming Windows here) and post it somewhere I can download it for analysis. PMS should never lock up.

#3 ar2734

ar2734

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Same problem here, except it doesn't lock up Plex - just the Oppo. Please let me know if you come up with any solutions.

#4 mangosteen

mangosteen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

me too . Oppo 93 is very great player i ever own. please let me know if have any solution.

#5 Philnick

Philnick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Add me to the list of Oppo BDP-93 users who would love to be able to access Plex through the Oppo. It lets me browse to a file but then the player locks up.

For those who don't know, the Oppo is the "budget Cadillac" of Blu-ray players with image and sound quality second to none - to the point where a "status" manufacturer named Lexicon was caught mounting the guts of the previous model, the $500 Oppo BDP-83, unmodified in their own box, and selling it for $3,500!

Has anyone ever created a DLNA profile for the Oppos? The only way I can use Plex is through my Roku, which sends lossy Dolby Digital (similar to mp3) to my amp.

To get lossless audio via my Oppo I've been reduced to using a server from SourceForge called oShare, which is ok but does no transcoding.

#6 krl

krl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Same here, Oppo locks up when trying to play via PMS DLNA. Would LOVE a solution..

#7 corndart

corndart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I suspect if someone with the Oppo player can grab the device capabilities using the UPnP tool and steps in the post below, a profile can be made from the output. Don't see one on the device sink fields list on the Serviio site.

http://forum.serviio...ic.php?f=5&t=19

#8 ar2734

ar2734

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

It now works using the latest server version.

#9 parsifal

parsifal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

It now works using the latest server version.

Indeed, using a BDP-83 Oppo player I can see Plex Server as well as the music and video files - and I can open and view iPhoto pictures - but whenever I try to watch a movie or listen to music I get the dreaded "File not supported" error. Can you help me solve this problem? Shouldn't Plex transcode the files?
Thanks.