Photo

Plex Media Server IP address in Windows?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ejbSF

ejbSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Unfortunately, discovery may not work, depending on your network. That's ok, you can always add the server manually by going to Preferences -> Plex Media Servers -> Add Server Manually. On that screen, enter the IP address of the Plex Media Server.

I've installed Plex Media Server on a Win 7 system. When I go to Roku's Plex channel, it is not able to discover the Plex Server, so I need to add it manually, as suggested in the above how-to post. Where/how do I find the Plex MS IP address?

Any help is appreciated.

Ed

#2 Monsieur Latte

Monsieur Latte

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I've installed Plex Media Server on a Win 7 system. When I go to Roku's Plex channel, it is not able to discover the Plex Server, so I need to add it manually, as suggested in the above how-to post. Where/how do I find the Plex MS IP address?

Any help is appreciated.

Ed

on your windows box that is running pms, click start then run, type cmd, hit enter, then type ipconfig, hit enter, it will return a list of devices, look for one that has a 192.x.x.x. or maybe even a 10.x.x.x that will be your PMS IP.

#3 ejbSF

ejbSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

on your windows box that is running pms, click start then run, type cmd, hit enter, then type ipconfig, hit enter, it will return a list of devices, look for one that has a 192.x.x.x. or maybe even a 10.x.x.x that will be your PMS IP.

Thanks. All works fine.
Ed

#4 jessicag

jessicag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

I know this sounds stupid, but what is a windows box?

#5 Alan Morgan

Alan Morgan

Rock Star

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

I know this sounds stupid, but what is a windows box?

"box" is IT slang for machine or computer. So in this case, a computer that runs Microsoft Windows.
Former member of the Plex for Roku development team

Units Owned: Roku 1 XD, Roku 2 XS

Posted Image

#6 aussie6484

aussie6484

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

somewhat related. how do i find the plex media server ip address on mac so i can manually enter it on my roku?

#7 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3333 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

somewhat related. how do i find the plex media server ip address on mac so i can manually enter it on my roku?

A handful of ways:

• System Preferences -> Network. For each connection, the Status will show something like "Connected" followed by "Wi-Fi is connected to NETWORK and has the IP address x.x.x.x".
  • Run ifconfig in Terminal
  • In a browser on that Mac, go to http://localhost:32400/servers As long as your PMS is running, it'll show you some XML that includes something like
    address="x.x.x.x"

#8 hirayu

hirayu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

You can find your IP address from the Mac System

From the Apple menu pull down “System Preferences”

Click on the “Network” preference pane

Your IP address will be visible to the right

You can also find your external ip address by just visit the site Ip-Details.com B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users