• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 smisch

smisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm having some issues with the refresh button scanning my folder but not seeing new video that I have added. And also it doesn't seem to like opening in Chrome? I'm in the set up stage but it's working a but sluggish right now

My first question is which is the best browser for the Plex Media Server to open in? It currently opens in my default browser (chrome) running on Windows7. Does anyone know if it is more compatible, reliable or faster when working with IE or Firefox?

Shaun

#2 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm having some issues with the refresh button scanning my folder but not seeing new video that I have added. And also it doesn't seem to like opening in Chrome? I'm in the set up stage but it's working a but sluggish right now

My first question is which is the best browser for the Plex Media Server to open in? It currently opens in my default browser (chrome) running on Windows7. Does anyone know if it is more compatible, reliable or faster when working with IE or Firefox?

Shaun

Hi,

Try running a deep scan to detect the new media
http://wiki.plexapp....eshing_Sections

Chrome is generally the best, check to see that you don't have any extensions/addons running that the Media Manager may not like.
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#3 smisch

smisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the tips. I have uninstalled the only 2 extensions that I had (bit defender and Skype). I ran a deep scan and it's still not seeing anything new that I have added and I've added video that it previous recognized just to make it pick something up.

Any other Chrome settings that I should tweak?

#4 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the tips. I have uninstalled the only 2 extensions that I had (bit defender and Skype). I ran a deep scan and it's still not seeing anything new that I have added and I've added video that it previous recognized just to make it pick something up.

Try this;
- Restart PMS
- Run a deep scan
- Upload your Plex Media Server.log and Plex Media Scanner.log and let us know which file it was you are trying to add
http://wiki.plexapp....#Plex_Log_Files

Any other Chrome settings that I should tweak?

Try running incognito, if that gives no better result, then you could try firefox just to compare the 2.
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#5 smisch

smisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I tried Firefox and it see's the exact same video as Chrome. It must be the codec or format of my video? What is the optimal format and codec for PMS working with ROKU?

#6 smisch

smisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Just to conclude, for anyone reading with a similar problem... The reason that my content was not appearing was the titles of the files. I checked TVDB for the correct info and then followed the naming guide and the video was found

#7 mauirixxx

mauirixxx

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

As far as "running slow" is concerned, a bunch of users have pretty much confirmed that IE9 is actually the "better" browser to use for managing Plex (and man does it pain me to say that), which I've confirmed in my own use - this only applies to the Windows version though - the Linux version has no such lag when being managed.
-- mauirixxx
Linux - Unofficial CentOS 6 install instructions - step by step!
WIndows - Easy edit your hosts file to resolve localhost to 127.0.0.1 - only needed if you time out trying to manage your Plex server locally in Windows Vista / 7 and http://localhost:32400/manage keeps timing out!

TV Shows getting listed wrong?
Verify your files are named per the Plex Media Server guide - if they're not, use FileBot to quickly and painlessly rename your media into a format Plex Media Server recommends!

#8 mbpros

mbpros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

I actually have found with IE9 if I do a deep scan I do not have progress notification like I do with Firefox or Chrome.  I'm not sure if there is some problem with my IE (or my computer) as I definitely see progress notifications when doing Deep Scan in Firefox or Chrome.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users