9 replies to this topic

#1 oneaustin

oneaustin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...
How do I install a plugin that I downloaded from the forum? There were two types for a streaming channels I wanted - one is a .zip (opens to ****.bundle) and the other is a plexapp (****.plexapp)

I've tried putting them in the plugin folder of PMS and I've tried poking around the PMC interface but it only has the official plugins visible. How can I install these?

Thanks,

#2 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Putting the ****.bundle in the plugins folder is the right thing to do. For most plugins you find on the forums, you'll probably have to disable capability checking in the PMS preferences for them to show up on most clients.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#3 oneaustin

oneaustin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Putting the ****.bundle in the plugins folder is the right thing to do. For most plugins you find on the forums, you'll probably have to disable capability checking in the PMS preferences for them to show up on most clients.

For some reason they don't show up even after dropping in the plugins folder. Is there anything to activate them?

#4 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

For some reason they don't show up even after dropping in the plugins folder. Is there anything to activate them?

Did you try disabling capability checking in the PMS preferences, as was suggested?

If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#5 oneaustin

oneaustin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Ahh, after following your suggestions -then- restarting the PC running the server, most of the new plugins in the *****.bundle came up.

Thanks for the tips.

#6 andyhilbourne

andyhilbourne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

i am having the same problem i have placed several bundles in the file directory and disabled the capability checking but all i have is 1 app which says player and it is nothing it doesnt do anything.

Please help getting really frustrated !

#7 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Wow! Thread necromancy!

How do I manually install a channel?

How do I find the plug-ins folder?

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#8 andyhilbourne

andyhilbourne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Thankyou got there eventually!

#9 Twisk

Twisk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hmmm, I just stumbled across the Google Music plug-in for Plex today.  Read through everything and this is what I've done...

• Placed the .bundle in the correct location (confirmed).
  • Made sure 'Disabling Capability' was checked in the PMS preferences (confirmed).
  • Restarted the PMS,
  • that didn't work so I restarted the entire machine (still doesn't work).

Yes, I am on a Mac but I had just read that OS X "now uses a bundled Python, updated to 2.7" so the fact that I'm on a Mac shouldn't be an issue correct?

#10 sondray

sondray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

Having same problem, Yify and Movie2k bundles not appearing even after adding them to plug-ins folder.Disable Capability Checking is always unchecked. Any suggestions? Newbie here so try not to be too technical, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users