• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Chris G

Chris G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

I am unsure if it is just me that is experiencing this but when using the Hulu app with my Harmony remote the Plex software does not seem to recognise the commands for Play, Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind however the commands to play and pause content seems to work on other content outside of the Hulu app.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix for the problem?

#22 Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

(Brand new to all this.)
Where is this Hulu plugin?
Does its name contain "Hulu"?
I looked in my Channel Directory's "All Available Plug-ins" and can't find it.
I looked in the wiki's "Unsupported plugins" and the only presence of "Hulu" is with the Plexflix plug-in — is that what you're all talking about in this thread?
I don't see it among the listed in the Broken Channels post.
What am I missing? (I feel like an idiot.)

- -
Plex Media Server 0.9.11.14
Plex client PlexTest 3.1.4 channel on first-generation Roku XD|S (2100X)
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

(updated from PMS 0.9.5.3 & Mac OS X 10.5.8 on Mar 17, 2014)
Firefox 37.0

MacBook Pro (5,2) "Mid 2009" — 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

#23 IanB!

IanB!

Plex Employee

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2298 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

(Brand new to all this.)
Where is this Hulu plugin?
Does its name contain "Hulu"?
I looked in my Channel Directory's "All Available Plug-ins" and can't find it.
I looked in the wiki's "Unsupported plugins" and the only presence of "Hulu" is with the Plexflix plug-in — is that what you're all talking about in this thread?
I don't see it among the listed in the Broken Channels post.
What am I missing? (I feel like an idiot.)

Are you based in the US? Hulu is a geo-blocked channel so wont be available if Plex Online links your connecting to it from outside the US. You can get around this by using the Channel Directory and selecting 'Region Restricted' plugins. This will allow you to install it, but again, the plugin will only work if you're in the US.

Ian

#24 Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

^ Yes, I'm in the U.S. I looked in the Channel Directory's "Foreign (Region-Restricted) Plug-ins" section, anyway, but don't see anything that looks like a Hulu plug-in. (Wouldn't those have been in the "All Available Plug-ins" that I already searched, anyway?)

Would somebody please just tell me the exact name of this Hulu plug-in, so I'll know what I'm looking for?

(And I ask again, we're not talking about the Plexflix plug-in, are we?)

Any other ideas why I can't find it? Thanks for any assistance!

- -
Edit: I got Hulu working with the > Plex It! bookmarklet.... Does this Hulu plug-in offer any significant advantages over it? (If only someone can tell me where I can find it.)

- -

Firefox 37.0

#25 Jabu

Jabu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I downloaded the Hulu app (US-based). None of the videos are playing either from my queue or from popular videos. I'm getting "Error while opening file" and "Playlist playback aborted: The original file may have moved, been deleted or is currently unavailable." This is happening for EVERY video. Am I doing something wrong? I'm brand new to Plex, still trying to figure out how everything works. Thanks.

#26 Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Jabu, where did you download the Hulu plug-in?
– From the Channel Directory?
– If so, would you please go there right now and see if it appears in More... > All Available Plug-ins?
– What is the exact name of the Hulu plug-in? I can't find it, and I am in the U.S.
– Or did you get it from the Plex wiki's "Unsupported plugins"?

- -

Firefox 37.0

#27 Jabu

Jabu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Jabu, where did you download the Hulu plug-in?
– From the Channel Directory?
– If so, would you please go there right now and see if it appears in More... > All Available Plug-ins?
– What is the exact name of the Hulu plug-in? I can't find it, and I am in the U.S.
– Or did you get it from the Plex wiki's "Unsupported plugins"?

It's called "Hulu" under Channel Directory for me. I can find it there under Featured, Most Popular, Categories -> TV, Media Types -> Video, maybe a few other places too. I also found it in All Available Plug-ins. But again, it's not playing anything for me right now, so even if you find it, I don't know how helpful that will be. Strange that it's not showing up for you.
  • Schmye Bubbula likes this

#28 trallyus

trallyus

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

I downloaded the Hulu app (US-based). None of the videos are playing either from my queue or from popular videos. I'm getting "Error while opening file" and "Playlist playback aborted: The original file may have moved, been deleted or is currently unavailable." This is happening for EVERY video. Am I doing something wrong? I'm brand new to Plex, still trying to figure out how everything works. Thanks.

Jabu,
I had this same problem when trying to play some videos from my queue that were age restricted - I mentioned the problem in this thread - http://forums.plexap...__1#entry269883

Thing is the problem only shows up on the google tv like I described , on other devices it does what your describing above. So maybe your problem is the videos in your queue are age restricted and require you to be signed in to use it and your experiencing the same bug I found.

If you want to test my theory add a safe video to your queue and try playing it with plex and see if it works. A video without an age check.
Trallyus

#29 bexn

bexn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

I had reported this with the previous version but I may have done it in an incorrect forum topic. The Hulu channel only seems to recognize alphanumeric passwords. If the password contains a special character, an error is displayed. Any chance this could be fixed in a future release so we can use strong passwords on the account? Thanks!

#30 Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Problem solved.

(A big thanks and tip o' the hat to IanB! for gentle nudging along the way.)

- -

Firefox 37.0

#31 Dangul33

Dangul33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

I just got into Plex, for some reason only some plugins work, such as USA network, CNN, etc. However, Hulu just continues to say "opening stream" and never opens movie. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

#32 Dangul33

Dangul33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Ian, Plex won't play Hulu but works well with other plug-ins. Just says "opening stream". No problem with interface, no problems accessing my que it just won't play. What am I doing wrong?

#33 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

I just got into Plex, for some reason only some plugins work, such as USA network, CNN, etc. However, Hulu just continues to say "opening stream" and never opens movie. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Start here:
http://forums.plexap...iew__getnewpost

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#34 Dangul33

Dangul33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Start here:
http://forums.plexap...iew__getnewpost

Mike,

Thanks for the help, but I had already tried that step. I did it again on your suggestion just for good measure :) but still to no avail. BTW It won't play on PC or through APP, but some plug-ins do. Any help is greatly appreciated. P.S. I also tried disabling firewall and it didn't work.

#35 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Mike,

Thanks for the help, but I had already tried that step. I did it again on your suggestion just for good measure :) but still to no avail. BTW It won't play on PC or through APP, but some plug-ins do. Any help is greatly appreciated. P.S. I also tried disabling firewall and it didn't work.

Are you located in the US? The two main differences between Hulu and the two plugins that work for you are that (1) Hulu uses Flash (or Silverlight, can't remember which ATM) whereas the others have direct access to the video streams, and (2) the other 2 don't have strict geo-blocks on the videos but Hulu does.

If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#36 Dangul33

Dangul33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

Are you located in the US? The two main differences between Hulu and the two plugins that work for you are that (1) Hulu uses Flash (or Silverlight, can't remember which ATM) whereas the others have direct access to the video streams, and (2) the other 2 don't have strict geo-blocks on the videos but Hulu does.

Yes I'm in the U.S. That's what is so screwed up. I really appreciate your help btw.

#37 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3149 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

Yes I'm in the U.S. That's what is so screwed up. I really appreciate your help btw.

Might be worth your while to try downgrading Silverlight to a previous version. Apparently, the newest version causes problems for some plugins on Windows.

UnSupported AppStore
Donate

#38 Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

My problem with the Hulu plug-in (with Plex 0.9.3.4 & Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8) is that it often rebuffers a lot, then craps-out, and while I can start over from the beginning, if I try to scrub forward to the point where it earlier aborted, it always gives me the error dialog, "Video Unavailable — We're unable to play this video, make sure that the server is running and has access to this video."

memo: I don't think it rebuffers or craps-out because my transcoding isn't keeping up, because I can watch the downloaded files pile up in:

/private/var/folders/WA/WA1FKS50GPyuWWLI++IggE+++TM/-Tmp-/plex-transcode-c01f47256b839d20312000e49dd9e7bf66d0f12d/

...and they appear to be ahead of the point where my video stutters. Plus, I can go to Hulu directly on my web browser and the same video plays perfectly.

I could live with the mishaps for now if only there were a "Resume play where left-off."

- -

Firefox 37.0

#39 SchmittyThePirate

SchmittyThePirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'm having an issue with the Hulu plugin on Google TV. I can't seem to skip interactive advertisements - I can see the "Return to video" button, but am unable to click it. Is there a workaround?

#40 Dangul33

Dangul33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'm having an issue with the Hulu plugin on Google TV. I can't seem to skip interactive advertisements - I can see the "Return to video" button, but am unable to click it. Is there a workaround?

I was on the chat room last night with some of the Dev's seems like Hulu isn't working, that's all i know