• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ebayaholic

ebayaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hasn't hit mine yet but hoping tomorrow.

http://forums.logite...Now/td-p/842592

EDIT:

Latest Google+ hangout video on youtube from the Google TV Dev team confirms it, also explains enhancements (about 8 min mark):

https://www.youtube....&v=vngXn1fSWs4#!

#2 dewd

dewd

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hasn't hit mine yet but hoping tomorrow.

http://forums.logite...Now/td-p/842592

I'm eagerly waiting to see if HLS is enabled...

#3 ebayaholic

ebayaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Snagged this off of the Revue forums:

http://forums.logite...012/td-p/842048

This are some of the features of the new update:

Fix for 1-way keyboard controller pairing failures
Fix for locking/freezing at EULA screen.
New Logitech Help Assistant application.
Fix for links within the Logitech legal documents not able to be navigated via Directional pad on the keyboard controller.
Fix for Picture-In-picture not resuming audio, when back from Pandora.
Fix for Wrong error message when Price/Quality produce no matches in TV&Moves.
Netflix application update.
Fix for Netflix - application crash with ERROR_SIGSEGV - GDL_ERR_NO_MEMORY
Fix for Netflix - unable to play Netflix content after update
Fix for Netflix - application exits unexpectedly: EXITED_SIGSEGV - max retries on ISS.mem file
Fix for Netflix - user receives an error saying that their account has been deactivated when no deactivation operation has been performed
Fix for Netflix 'Are you a Netflix Member’ sign out error.
Fix for cursor is missing in the search field.

Seems the update should hit all devices by friday from what users are saying. A few have seen it so it's not a hoax.

#4 TheEdge

TheEdge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

Seems the update should hit all devices by friday from what users are saying. A few have seen it so it's not a hoax.

I can confirm that I got it on June 11th, early afternoon. It prompted me to install it. Didn't have to do a force install.

#5 jkstle@gmail.com

jkstle@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Super excited about revue getting 3.2!

I do have a question about video quality on this new revue update. videos from my home server are fine because they are not trans-coded. However hulu and other online sources look horrible on the tv. I also have playon media server and it is much worse than the quality of video with playon.

My system is windows 7, i7 Intel processor, 24gb ram, nvidia quadro 4000 (if that matters) everything is hardwired gigabit lan (streaming has never been an issue).

I have tried messing with the settings a little bit but have noticed no discernible difference.

any thoughts?

#6 TheEdge

TheEdge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

Super excited about revue getting 3.2!

I do have a question about video quality on this new revue update. videos from my home server are fine because they are not trans-coded. However hulu and other online sources look horrible on the tv. I also have playon media server and it is much worse than the quality of video with playon.

My system is windows 7, i7 Intel processor, 24gb ram, nvidia quadro 4000 (if that matters) everything is hardwired gigabit lan (streaming has never been an issue).

I have tried messing with the settings a little bit but have noticed no discernible difference.

any thoughts?

You've gotten Hulu to work on your Revue (FW 3.2) using Plex? I can get some channels (USA Network, FOX News, etc.) to work with Plex, but Hulu isn't one of them.

My parents' computer doesn't have nearly the specs that yours does, but...

#7 Videx

Videx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

I think HLS is working here now, from a couple preliminary tests I've done this morning. I only had to remember to turn off "force direct play" on the Revue. I haven't tried Hulu yet, nor DTS audio - none of my video transcoders support DTS and I don't have any DTS videos handy.

edit: Although I can now play .ts mpeg 2 files (from WinTV), Plex defaults to not playing my regular .mp4 files. I have to manually select "direct play" for them. A bit of a pain. Also, I can't get Hulu (or Fox) working. Same old time outs.

#8 robotech

robotech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hi i am having the same issue as jkstle
I have the Logitech Revue its been updated to honycombe 3.2 and channels that did not work before the update are now loading, but the Video Quality is very low,like a very bad SD, I can run the same CTV.ca or hgtv.ca show on the PC that the PMS is on and the Video Quality is very good, same on XBMC, If I run the same video on the Logitech Revue in Chrome browser direct from the site it great quality,
I have played with the app setting and nothing seem to fix it any help would be great

Plex-App Ver 2.1.0.8, Firmware Honycombe 3.2

Thanks Robotech

#9 jkstle@gmail.com

jkstle@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

You've gotten Hulu to work on your Revue (FW 3.2) using Plex? I can get some channels (USA Network, FOX News, etc.) to work with Plex, but Hulu isn't one of them.

My parents' computer doesn't have nearly the specs that yours does, but...

I can get Hulu to work it just looks really bad.

#10 Videx

Videx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

If there's some trick to getting Hulu working on the Revue via Plex only I'd sure like to know what it is.