9 replies to this topic

#1 krtmyr

krtmyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi

New to PLEX -- Very excited about all of the possibilities, but have been VERY FRUSTRATED at getting anything to actually work.

Read in another forum about a known Plex issue w/the CBS Channel ... has anyone here had trouble w/playing CBS videos on their Roku??

I have FINALLY been able to add the CBS Channel to my Plex Channel, but now can't play full episodes of "The Young and the Restless"

I was able to watch a clip, but any way that I try to watch the "full episode" it kicks it back and says the playback isn't supported.

Has anyone else had trouble w/this particular channel or can anyone give me advice on what I am doing wrong?

I was able to watch a "CSI" episode last night, but other shows gave me a similar response as Y&R -- I will add that the CSI video was pretty bad, not HD quality at all.

But I will take Y&R anyway that I can get it -- Have truly missed watching this show since I ditched cable.

HELP!! (Please & Thank You!!)

S.K.

#2 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2883 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

There seems to be an issue with the Roku client handling the streams from the CBS channel. I talked to one of the devs about it and he said he would look into it.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#3 krtmyr

krtmyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

I would appreciate any help that could be given on this -- would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to be able to watch my soap opera DAILY!!!

SOOOOO glad to see this, but then it is SO frustrating to get shot down every time I check w/the msg "Unable to play this video ... "

I am able to get the primetime stream, like 48 hrs -- IT WORKS GREAT! But still no daytime!

Thanks for looking into this ...

#4 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

There are a couple of updates in the works that I believe fix the problem. One update is at the server and one is in the Roku client, so I'm not sure when exactly both halves will make it out to the world.

#5 krtmyr

krtmyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

OH I hope so -- Thank you for replying :]

Would these be automatic updates or something that has to be manually installed?

If manual, where would I check to see if/when avail?

THANK YOU!!

#6 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Both sides should update automatically. I'll try to remember to reply to this thread when the Roku update goes out, but I'm not always good about remembering all the affected threads.

#7 krtmyr

krtmyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

THANK YOU!!

#8 Bairs4

Bairs4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi, was a fix for this ever published? I can't get Y&R the play on my Roku. PLEASE tell me there is a fix now!!

#9 Mikedm139

Mikedm139

Plugin Developer

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2883 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hi, was a fix for this ever published? I can't get Y&R the play on my Roku. PLEASE tell me there is a fix now!!

There have been updates to the Roku client as well as multiple updates to the CBS channel since the last post to this thread. Unfortunately, I have seen several reports this week that CBS is not working anymore. It seems likely that they have changed something AGAIN. I will try to find some time to troubleshoot but at present there is no fix and no ETA for one.

If you are having trouble with one or more channels, check here first.
If you are asked to provide logs, which you will be if you are having plugin problems, the help center has details on where to find them.
***************************************************************************************************************************************
Check out unofficial channels in the
UnSupported AppStore
Follow my efforts on Github and Twitter
Donate

#10 Bairs4

Bairs4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Sucks. Thanks for the quick response. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users