• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyexoh

jonnyexoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

Is there a way to set up plex on roku to work with 3d videos? I want to take my SBS 3d videos and have them play out in analygraph on my TV. I currently use Stereoscopic Player 1.8.1 for my PC and it works very well, but would love to have these features implemented in plex for roku or find out if there is already a way to do it.

#2 jonnyexoh

jonnyexoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

So i'm assuming no support for this.

#3 scyber

scyber

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

No specific support I guess. Bu I think the lack of response is more likely because no one knows the answer. 3D videos aren't that common so it could just be that no one knows whether they would work. I have never worked with 3d anything so I can't answer.

#4 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, what scyber said. I'm not a 3d expert at all. But aren't analygraph 3d videos already separated red/blue, so isn't the whole point that they can be fed through a dumb pipe (like Plex/Roku/TV) and still watched in 3d as long as you're wearing the glasses? I thought that's the way most 3d videos worked, so that even though we don't have any specific support for 3d it would still work fine. So I guess my question is, did you try it and it doesn't work? Or have you not tried yet?

#5 schuyler

schuyler

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

And after an extra 30 seconds of investigation, I'd suggest looking at http://forums.plexap...027-3d-support/

So, if you have an SBS file, it basically has both left and right portions of the video mashed into the same video file, side by side. Plex (nor Roku) doesn't know anything about that, so it'll still be SBS out the other side. We have no way to convert the SBS to analygraph at this time. And frankly it's not at the top of any prioritized lists, but if such a feature found its way into ffmpeg then maybe we'd look at using it. But if you're connected to a 3D TV, it sounds like you can usually have your TV convert the SBS video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users