6 replies to this topic

#1 satheeshvelu

satheeshvelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

Dear All,
I have been using Plex Media Server on my LG TV for the past one month. PMS 0.9.5.2 is running on my Windows desktop. This PC and the TV are connected LAN Wired through Linksys WRT160Nv2. Everything is working fine and i always refer to Plex forums for the current setup. It's being really useful.

Yesterday I installed Plex on my iPhone & iPad. It works wonderful over wifi but not on 3G. I have gone through your guide below
http://wiki.plexapp....ex_Media_Server
and also assisted by your team in Plex Chat, but I could not get it resolved.

I did a portforwarding. Not sure if that is right.
I'm getting the error "Myplex was unable to connect to Server".

Attached router setting i followed. It would be great if plex team could help me on this issue.

Thanks,
Satheesh

Attached Files

#2 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

Dear All,
I have been using Plex Media Server on my LG TV for the past one month. PMS 0.9.5.2 is running on my Windows desktop. This PC and the TV are connected LAN Wired through Linksys WRT160Nv2. Everything is working fine and i always refer to Plex forums for the current setup. It's being really useful.

Yesterday I installed Plex on my iPhone & iPad. It works wonderful over wifi but not on 3G. I have gone through your guide below
http://wiki.plexapp....ex_Media_Server
and also assisted by your team in Plex Chat, but I could not get it resolved.

I did a portforwarding. Not sure if that is right.
I'm getting the error "Myplex was unable to connect to Server".

Attached router setting i followed. It would be great if plex team could help me on this issue.

Thanks,
Satheesh

HI,

Try these

External port : 32400
Internal Port : 32400
Protocol : Both

then, on the myplex tab on the Plex Media Server preferences

Publish server : enabled
Manually specify port : enabled and set to 32400.

If that doesnt work, then you either have a firewall on your server blocking things, or you have another routing device on your network and have a double-NAT issue.
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#3 satheeshvelu

satheeshvelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried it and it does not work. As you said, I have two routers installed. First router is 2Wire from which my Linksys is connected to. Is there a way to make this scenario workable?

Thanks,
Satheesh

#4 Trudge

Trudge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried it and it does not work. As you said, I have two routers installed. First router is 2Wire from which my Linksys is connected to. Is there a way to make this scenario workable?

Thanks,
Satheesh

You'll need to re-configure one of the routers into "bridge" or "modem" mode (I'd recommend changing the 2wire) so that you only have 1 device routing.
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2

#5 satheeshvelu

satheeshvelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Thanks again. I'm in the settings page of 2wire modem/router. I could not able to find that setting.
Here is the manual for 2wire HomePortal® 5011NV/5012NV.
http://techsupport.s...g/webfm_send/23
Could you help me on this setup. I understand that it's more out of your work. It would be really helpful if you can guide me in solving in this, as i'm not familiar with networking stuff.

Thanks,
Satheesh

#6 Trudge

Trudge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thanks again. I'm in the settings page of 2wire modem/router. I could not able to find that setting.
Here is the manual for 2wire HomePortal® 5011NV/5012NV.
http://techsupport.s...g/webfm_send/23
Could you help me on this setup. I understand that it's more out of your work. It would be really helpful if you can guide me in solving in this, as i'm not familiar with networking stuff.

Thanks,
Satheesh

top of page 10.

#7 satheeshvelu

satheeshvelu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I modified my home network such that it uses only one router (2wire HomePortal® 5011NV/5012NV). But the port forwarding doesn't work with PMS. Could you guide me into that?

Thanks,
Satheesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users