• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rasobey

rasobey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm going to be picking up a Google Nexus 7 in a few weeks - after it's set in that I'm not going to see a Plex client for my Blackberry Playbook.

Has anyone had an opportunity to try Plex on the N7? Are they out in the States yet? It's not coming to the UK until next week.

Anyway, it should be pretty awesome, right?

Using Plex on a LG G Pad 8.3, rooted and CM11, and Nexus 4 rooted and stock.
Plex for Plexpass (Android).

#2 paviktherin

paviktherin

Dedicated Member

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

It works beautifully. I've spoken with a couple people that got a device at Google IO as well as played around with it on my friend's device from Google IO.

Loved it so much I ordered one. I'm hoping it is here by next week.
PMS unRAID | Media Storage on UnRaid | Android, Mac, iOS and GoogleTV on Logitech Revue
Capture Logcat for Android | Android FAQ | GoogleTV FAQ | MediaInfo

#3 darrin

darrin

Plex Dev Team

• Plex Employee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yes we went to IO this year and had it up and running same day. It worked beautifully out of the box. It looks to be an excellent platform for Plex for Android.
Please visit the Android FAQ for network troubleshooting tips and if you're not sure how to Capture a Logcat and Caputre a Plex Media Server.log. To ensure a prompt reply - please always include a link back to the topic you're writing about!!

Follow me (darrin) on twitter for Android and Google TV related goodness.

Thanks!
-Darrin

#4 mars@live.nl

mars@live.nl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Sorry for kicking this old topic but I received my Nexus 7 today and would like to stream MKV to my Plex on Nexus 7 in 720p format but can't do it. What am I doing wrong?

#5 midnighttuck

midnighttuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

ditto.....I'd have thought the tegra3 nexus can playback HD mkvs etc without transcoding, but from the little play I had on it, the pc was transcoding, and think the results looked comparatively low res

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users