• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David Lively

David Lively

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

I've set up PMS on a server in my rack at home and added all of my media folders via the media manager. If I connect to PMS with the desktop client from my laptop, I can see the library, watch videos, etc.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get content to the XBOX 360. If I open the "Video Player" app on the xbox, I can see the PMS, and connect to it. However, there are only a few options listed. The only content-related ones appear to be "Remote media" and "Shared media," both of which show "no videos found" when I open them.

I've seen a few people mention that they've managed to use this thing with the xbox, but no one bothers to say *how*. Help!

Running v 0.9.6.7

(BTW, if anyone can tell me why so many applications go for years without ever hitting version 1, please let me know.)

#2 alexwick

alexwick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I so agree....Having similar problems! Did you find a solution...?

#3 blatantsubtext

blatantsubtext

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Normally, the Video Player is exactly how you'd do it. However, recently I've had the same issue with streaming to the Xbox as well. It could be a new issue with the PMS, but for sure you're not alone in this. In terms of just using the Plex DLNA on the Xbox, you're doing it right.

#4 alexwick

alexwick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Well....I can get to the play movies from the plex through the Xbox....But the reason why I wanna use the plex is the awesome ui....If I just wanted a simple folder structure I can use my box off the e media player or my media player in my Panasonic TV....I want it to show up in the Microsoft media center....It does show up on the PC Version....But not on the Xbox....this just sucks...

#5 blatantsubtext

blatantsubtext

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

Ahh, I just saw your post in the other forum. I think what you're dealing with is a tad different than what David is. I've never liked dealing with Media Center, so I really don't know much about it. Wish I could help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users