• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dcasciato

dcasciato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I spent much time trying to figure this one out - Thanks to Trudge on chat. In order to setup to allow the PlexServer through the Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR Router do the following... it is a screen shot and is the easiest way!

Step 1 - setup a static IP of your computer running the Plex Server - mine was 192.168.1.11

Step 2 - Screen Shot

Hope this helps you.

Attached Files

#2 ronfelder

ronfelder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

where do you get your static ip address from?

#3 dcasciato

dcasciato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

where do you get your static ip address from?

Ron - I am using Windows 7 and did a google search on "win 7 how to set static IP"

here is the method I used. http://bit.ly/MI8iDo

to find what IP your computer is currently set to:

From Microsoft...

Find your computer's IP address

You might need your computer's IP address if you set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your computer, or need to troubleshoot network problems.

Open Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Network and Sharing Center.

Under Connection, click View status.

Click Details.

Your computer's IP address appears in the Value column, next to "IPV4 IP Address."

Hope this helps - Dan

#4 afisher

afisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

What information do you I put in this screenshot?

Attached Files

#5 Bill Haverchuck

Bill Haverchuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Another option:
Go into your Actiontec router settings & disable IGMP Proxy (Advanced > IGMP Proxy)

After 6 or 7 months of uninterrupted use, both Plex Media Server & iTunes stopped sharing via wireless over my Actiontec FiOS router. I spent about 2 weeks bashing my head against the wall, trying anything I could to figure out why my media sharing just suddenly stopped working from my desktop wired to the router. I stumbled upon this fix & it worked instantly.

I hope this helps some of you folks out there!

#6 snajeeb

snajeeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

I have a router behind verizon router...
in this case, what should I do? allor port forwarding to second routher ip address?
and then on second router allow port forwarding to the plex server?

#7 Vasya999

Vasya999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

This worked perfectly with my Verizon Actiontec router.  Thanks a million for heads up.  Also, a big shout out to the Plex folks for putting this tech together.  

I spent much time trying to figure this one out - Thanks to Paul T on chat. In order to setup to allow the PlexServer through the Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR Router do the following... it is a screen shot and is the easiest way!

Step 1 - setup a static IP of your computer running the Plex Server - mine was 192.168.1.11

Step 2 - Screen Shot

Hope this helps you.

#8 raybigio

raybigio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

found this new progam called PFSTATIC.

you can use this program to create a static ip.

after setting your static ip follow these steps.

for actiontec ml424-wr-rev E.

Plex Port forwarding
Sign on to verizon fios
Router
1: choose firewall setting
2:yes proceed
3:choose port forwarding on left side
4:create new port forwarding rule.
Choose specify ip
5: Enter your current ip.
6: choose custom ports
7: Tcp choose both
8: choose ports plex is 32400.

and your done.

if you have a vpn you won't be able to publish your plex media unless you turn it off.

#9 b_mccart@hotmail.com

b_mccart@hotmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. I did everything I needed to do, and the only thing that worked was Bill's suggestion on making sure IGMP Proxy was disabled. Seriously, a big thank you to both Bill, the Plex community, and the Plex Team!

#10 Huston

Huston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

I don't usually butt in to forums but this was elegantly concise and dead on accurate. THANKS!!!

#11 rzayas144

rzayas144

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

I spent much time trying to figure this one out - Thanks to Trudge on chat. In order to setup to allow the PlexServer through the Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR Router do the following... it is a screen shot and is the easiest way!

Step 2 - Screen Shot

Hope this helps you.

Attached Images
  • post-69950-0-40005400-1344610667.jpg

Worked great for me. Thanks.

#12 jamesrileyjr

jamesrileyjr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

This is working great for me, BUT I have a bit of a problem - I now have two different Plex servers (one with all the kids content, one with my older people movies - like Taken and Die Hard and Boondock Saints) and I can only get one of them to populate on myPlex while using this.  Not sure how to get both published.  

Actiontec MI424WR Rev F (yes, the one with Wireless-N!!)

Plex Server 1: Memory Gamma, 192.168.1.2 - hardwired iMac (2006) running 10.6.8.

Plex Server 2: Memory Delta, 192.168.1.150 - wireless Acer laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Delta is the one that's configured for Port Forwarding.  If I try to use Gamma with DMZ and leave Delta with the rule as you configured, Gamma doesn't show up - assuming any traffic for 32400 is being pushed towards Delta.  If I try to enable the same PF rule for Gamma on the router, it errors out and says I can't configure the same port in two rules for different computers.

Any thoughts?  Does anyone else run two different PMS?

#13 OrionShock

OrionShock

Plexed Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

You'll need to configure one server with a different port # and setup a 2nd rule for it

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

"The Vast Majority of problems come from misguided expectations and poor planning. If you're going to do something, do it right and do it right the first time."

Common Resources that I Quote :) 
Help Desk : Media Preparation & Naming Convention ||  How to Get to the Log Files for all Plex Stuff || Providing a Sample File
Programs : theRenamer // theRenamer - Alternatives // MediaInfo // MKVtoolNix // JMkvPropedit
Directions: How to Take a Screenshot || How to Encode Like Yify

#14 jamesrileyjr

jamesrileyjr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

Tried that; set Gamma to 32401 in the Plex Media Server settings and configured the router for that port.  Disconnected, reconnected, "myPlex could not reach your server - retry".

Is there another port in particular I should try?  I'd rather make any changes to Gamma since Delta is working just fine and comes up no matter what.

#15 ybenya

ybenya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

This is amazing... I spent weeks trying to figure it out, only to find out it was so simple. Thank you very much....

#16 OrionShock

OrionShock

Plexed Ninja

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

Tried that; set Gamma to 32401 in the Plex Media Server settings and configured the router for that port.  Disconnected, reconnected, "myPlex could not reach your server - retry".

Is there another port in particular I should try?  I'd rather make any changes to Gamma since Delta is working just fine and comes up no matter what.

Just to clarify if you are still having issues.

Server 1 : Outside Port 23400 / Inside Port 23400

Server 2 : Outside Port 23401 / Inside Port 23400 ; set Manual port in Plex Settings to 32401

The Inside port facing the computer always has to be 23400;  The Manual Port setting in the Plex settings configures the outside port for plex.

"The Vast Majority of problems come from misguided expectations and poor planning. If you're going to do something, do it right and do it right the first time."

Common Resources that I Quote :) 
Help Desk : Media Preparation & Naming Convention ||  How to Get to the Log Files for all Plex Stuff || Providing a Sample File
Programs : theRenamer // theRenamer - Alternatives // MediaInfo // MKVtoolNix // JMkvPropedit
Directions: How to Take a Screenshot || How to Encode Like Yify

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users