• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dmacewen@nyc.rr.com

dmacewen@nyc.rr.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

When I try to publish server to MyPlex, this is the response I get: "Failed to map to ports: not an IGD device. There was an error publishing the connection." If I try doing it manually, I get this response: "Server is mapped to port 32400. MyPlex was unable to connect to your server." So I logged into my router and enabled port forwarding. I entered 32400 under Start Port and End Port. I set the IP address. I chose UDP for protocol, then checked Enable. However, I'm still getting the same message when I try to publish my server to myPlex. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

#2 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

When I try to publish server to MyPlex, this is the response I get: "Failed to map to ports: not an IGD device. There was an error publishing the connection." If I try doing it manually, I get this response: "Server is mapped to port 32400. MyPlex was unable to connect to your server." So I logged into my router and enabled port forwarding. I entered 32400 under Start Port and End Port. I set the IP address. I chose UDP for protocol, then checked Enable. However, I'm still getting the same message when I try to publish my server to myPlex. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

1) Just enabling UDP is not enough, you need to also enable TCP
2) Make sure your PC filewall is also configured to allow the connection
3) Make sure you ISP supplied modem is not also acting as a router - it will need to be configured to work in bridge or modem mode if it is.

http://wiki.plexapp....ndex.php/MyPlex
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users