JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1079 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi all.
I have a Windows Plex server.
I have a Roku with Plex channel I use to watch stuff from the Plex server.
I use Windows Plex client to add channels to the server from the huge list of stuff available.
(Currently have break.com, youtube, wimp.com, devour)

I'm searching for how to get USA Network (and CBS, and a few others I've seen) added to my Plex channel line up.
I keep finding mention of it (from forums as 'working' as recently as 5/12)
In my Plex client, if I view history, I see "Services" - recently updated - USA Networks, CBS, few others I can't remember now that I DO NOT see in my All channels list but would like to add.
(I do see CBS Sports, but not CBS)

What/why/where am I missing?
TIA.

MAKE SURE YOUR PLEX SERVER IS UP TO DATE - v .9.9.5 and above fix a major Security Exploit! (Latest public download)

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K,16GB DDR3, 4TB RAID1 - SW: Win7x64 Ult. + PMS v0.9.9.10 - ISP: 5mbps up/300GB monthly cap

Clients - 3x Roku2 XS  (RARflix: modified Roku Channel) , 1x Win PHT, 1x Android, 1x iPhone 4s, 1x iPad 4

Shares - From: 7 - To: 2. - Proud PlexPass subscriber!

Agents/Plugins I frequently use - DVD Order Agent - Unsupported Appstore - BringThePopcorn - SS Plex (Watch your searches later!!!) - Yify

Common WIKI FAQs I answer - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? - How do I manually install a channel?

#2 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2596 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi!
This sounds like a case where your location is not determined correctly bij Plex. Set your location to United States and USA Networks, CBS, etc. will show up. To do this, open the Windows Plex client and go to the Channel DirectoryMore...Preferences... and choose United States from the Region list.

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

#3 JamminR

JamminR

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1079 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

To do this, open the Windows Plex client and go to the Channel DirectoryMore...Preferences... and choose United States from the Region list.

Excellent! It worked. Thanks for the expert/experienced advice.

Now I'll have to spend more time figuring out what else I want to add.
Few more steps closer to cutting the cable company's television cord.
(Unfortunately, they are still most reliable internet in my area, so can't cut cord entirely)

Wonder why my app wasn't detecting that I live in US?
(If it helps you or another developer, I'm using the latest Win client on Win7 x64 Ultimate, all Win7 regions and currency/text formats set to US, timezones set to my local US time zone - no special language settings I know of)
Let me know if theres a log file somewhere you want to see.

MAKE SURE YOUR PLEX SERVER IS UP TO DATE - v .9.9.5 and above fix a major Security Exploit! (Latest public download)

Server - HW: Intel Core I5-4670K,16GB DDR3, 4TB RAID1 - SW: Win7x64 Ult. + PMS v0.9.9.10 - ISP: 5mbps up/300GB monthly cap

Clients - 3x Roku2 XS  (RARflix: modified Roku Channel) , 1x Win PHT, 1x Android, 1x iPhone 4s, 1x iPad 4

Shares - From: 7 - To: 2. - Proud PlexPass subscriber!

Agents/Plugins I frequently use - DVD Order Agent - Unsupported Appstore - BringThePopcorn - SS Plex (Watch your searches later!!!) - Yify

Common WIKI FAQs I answer - How do I find the Plug-Ins folder? - How do I manually install a channel?

#4 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2596 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Wonder why my app wasn't detecting that I live in US?

Hi!
Glad it's all working for you! The detection is done online based on your IP address. The database used for this check may be incomplete or (partially) out of date.

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users