• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Price

Robin Price

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think KLEXi should be removed from the "Third Party Clients" subform. Everyone is having issues with it and there have been no updates to the product in over a year. Also, the app is no longer in the app store.

Maybe a reshuffling of the form could be made to place it in a "legacy" or atleast the "Other" section.

My two cents.
(2) Mac Mini 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | Mountain Lion

#2 RcNorth

RcNorth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

I second this.

#3 convas

convas

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I assume its because Klexi won't work with IOS 6, its been working great for me on IOS 5, hopefully the Plex IOS app will get a download feature soon, its the number one must have for me, otherwise my iPOD is useless for me on my train rides to work and back.

#4 unisonruss

unisonruss

Plex-Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

I will never buy third party Plex apps again! Between Klexi and Constelation, I know know to only stick with the official app.

Please get rid of Klexi in the forums, new users shouldn't know about it, since its very outdated compared to other clients.

#5 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I assume its because Klexi won't work with IOS 6, its been working great for me on IOS 5, hopefully the Plex IOS app will get a download feature soon, its the number one must have for me, otherwise my iPOD is useless for me on my train rides to work and back.

I actually used KLEXi on my iPhone5 yesterday...no problems at all (except the empty screen real estate). Still use it since the Plex iOS app doesn't support local downloading.

#6 stormshaker

stormshaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

I will never buy third party Plex apps again! Between Klexi and Constelation, I know know to only stick with the official app.

Please get rid of Klexi in the forums, new users shouldn't know about it, since its very outdated compared to other clients.

+1

#7 convas

convas

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

I actually used KLEXi on my iPhone5 yesterday...no problems at all (except the empty screen real estate). Still use it since the Plex iOS app doesn't support local downloading.

So it works fine with ios6 ? What do you mean by "empty screan real estate" ?

#8 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

So it works fine with ios6 ? What do you mean by "empty screan real estate" ?

For me yes, it works fine with iOS6. Given that the app has been neglected for a while, it has not been upgraded to take advantage of the iPhone5 4" screen, thus the app is letterboxed on the left and right side, and when playing a video, the video is letterboxed on the left and right, and if the video is 16:9, it is therefore also letterboxed on the top and bottom as well (unless you zoom in, in which case its only letterboxed on the left and right as a result of not being optimized for iPhone5).

#9 convas

convas

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

For me yes, it works fine with iOS6. Given that the app has been neglected for a while, it has not been upgraded to take advantage of the iPhone5 4" screen, thus the app is letterboxed on the left and right side, and when playing a video, the video is letterboxed on the left and right, and if the video is 16:9, it is therefore also letterboxed on the top and bottom as well (unless you zoom in, in which case its only letterboxed on the left and right as a result of not being optimized for iPhone5).

Thanks, I might try IOS6 on my iPod now, I was too scared klexi would fail and I would be stuck without a download feature until the official Plex app supports it, which does not seem to close at this stage.

#10 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

KLEXi download feature is sole reason it's on my phone.

#11 Wormhole

Wormhole

Plex Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Given the new PlexSync, I now concur....KLEXi isn't a 'going concern' so to speak...

#12 unisonruss

unisonruss

Plex-Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

It bothers me when you buy an app and it stops getting developed, because apparently they made enough money not to care.

#13 mattnad

mattnad

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

It bothers me when you buy an app and it stops getting developed, because apparently they made enough money not to care.

Well... we don't know why they stopped developing it. But how much did you spend on it? $5 or $6?

I have Adobe software that I paid a lot more than that that was chock full of bugs. They put their fixes in a "new" version that I had to pay for. Same goes for Microsoft Office - pay more to fix what should have been done right the first time.
Mac Mini 2.0ghz x 2 & 2.26Ghz • 8Tb Storage via Synology DS-410 over 802.11n WiFi network • Panasonic 720p 50" Plasma • Toshiba 1080p 40" LCD • 120" Projector Screen with Epson 1080p 6100 projection • 7.1 AV Denon Receiver • Samsung Blu Ray Player • Pioneer BD RW Player • Roku XDS

#14 unisonruss

unisonruss

Plex-Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Well... we don't know why they stopped developing it. But how much did you spend on it? $5 or $6?

I have Adobe software that I paid a lot more than that that was chock full of bugs. They put their fixes in a "new" version that I had to pay for. Same goes for Microsoft Office - pay more to fix what should have been done right the first time.

I don't care about the cost, it's the principle/trust factor that's at stake. We pay for an app, and we expect updates, or at least some form of communication...we got neither. Very shady. Don't make it trivial because of the monetary angle, it's pretty moot at this point.

#15 sunriser

sunriser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

Or they just didn't sell enough to stay in business. The iOS business is very hard (I have myself a few apps on the AppStore) If you look at the figures, you'll be surprise how many developers don't even break even on their development... (i'm talking about very high numbers here) 

Creator of iOS Apps
iTC Calc, The toolkit for filmmakers, The Movie searchOmeter, for a quick movie check - Available on the AppStore

#16 syncopation

syncopation

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

So? No action on this? Klexi smeels dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users