• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JECS

JECS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

I own an old Xbox classic (the black one), back in the day, I had it all modded, running the XBMC as its main dashboard and it was great, anyway, I've thinking I could bring it back to life, so my question is, is there and version of the Plex/XBMC to host only my music and stream it at work, or for this I need to wipeout the xbmc and install linux instead?

I have been reading the forums but it seems not many people is doing this, any thought guys? thx!

#2 xopah

xopah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I think your best luck is here:
http://xbmc.org/nate...mc4xbox-update/
As the XMBC team stopped develop XBMC for the actual Xbox.
I highly doubt that Plex nor XMBC team will support that platform in the future.
You basically got more processing power in today's high-end mobile phones.

Primary PMS: Ubuntu 12.04, Xeon E3-1245, 1,5GB Ram, RAID5 Array (Hosted in virtual environment)
Primary Plex Client: Mid 2010 Mac Mini, 32" fullHD LG, 5.1 DTS,THX
Media Storage: RAID-5 PERC-5i Storage adapter 4*2Tb
Desktop Client: OSX i7 Lion Hackintosh, HP 2530p (laptop)
Mobile Client: Google Nexus 4 (JB, CM10.1), Google Nexus 7 (JB, CM10.1)

#3 i621148

i621148

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I am using Plex running on a Mac Pro.
The clients are an ipad, two android phones (HTC Aria) and two old skool modded xboxes.
I have found that the ipad can handle whatever Plex has to offer and for some reason the android clients have a way that you can type in what bitrate to stream so they also seem to work.
Each xbox has XBMC on it and I just add Plex as another UPNP client (I already have a Seagate BlackArmor UPNP server.)
It seems to be a really good way to organize the media in one place. Before I had to scan all network drives with each individual xbox to be able to have a media library.
Now I can connect to one central media library and let it do the work.
Here is the bad part. Any xvid avi I have added to the library seems to stream just fine through Plex but it is not transcoding any mp4's or mkv's that I have downloaded for the xbox. They just show up with sound and a white screen or lock up. This is what I was hoping Plex could do as I was using DropFolders to automatically transcode down these so I could watch them off a network drive.
Boxee seems to transcode these kind of files ok for the iPad but there is no Boxee xbox client.

I own an old Xbox classic (the black one), back in the day, I had it all modded, running the XBMC as its main dashboard and it was great, anyway, I've thinking I could bring it back to life, so my question is, is there and version of the Plex/XBMC to host only my music and stream it at work, or for this I need to wipeout the xbmc and install linux instead?

I have been reading the forums but it seems not many people is doing this, any thought guys? thx!