• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jaredthorn

Jaredthorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hello! I recently downloaded this program to manage all my media and I absolutely have fallen in love with it! However I am trying to add channels that are unsupported and have tried to follow a step-by-step on how to do this which said I Should be able to go into Library/application support/Plex and add it through there. This is where my situation is because I do not have a Plex "Folder" anywhere on my mac, merely the application(s) themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am not only new to plex but also a relatively new Mac user. Thank you!

Jared

#2 sander1

sander1

Channel Developer/Admin

• Castle Keeper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2602 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hello Jared!
Apple has hidden the Library folder you need in (Mountain) Lion. The easiest way to open the folder you need, is to do it via the "Go" option in Finder. Select GoGo to Folder... and enter this path: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

More info and tips: http://reviews.cnet....-my-library-go/

Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location

Problem with indexing files? Check the Naming Guide

#3 Jaredthorn

Jaredthorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hello Jared!
Apple has hidden the Library folder you need in (Mountain) Lion. The easiest way to open the folder you need, is to do it via the "Go" option in Finder. Select GoGo to Folder... and enter this path: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

More info and tips: http://reviews.cnet....-my-library-go/

Thanks for the reply! I actually found the library and application support however there is not an option for plex media server, I have looked for it in via spotlight as well as via the "go" option. Did you have any other ideas?

Jared

#4 BigWheel

BigWheel

One Who Keeps Turning

• Plex Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3263 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

you're looking at the wrong one, read the directions carefully. there are a minimum of three Library folders

the little ~ in front is important it is a generic symbol used to mean your user folder

Note to self- awesome software coupled with awesome user community.. worth putting up with a minor annoyance now and then.

Correlation does not imply causation 

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer   a crazy movie but so good

Media Prep , Server Logs , MEDIA INFO , Why can't find that Plex folder on OS X

#5 Jaredthorn

Jaredthorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

your looking at the wrong one, read the directions carefully. there are a minimum of three Library folders

the little ~ in front is important it is a generic symbol used to mean your user folder

Worked GREAT! Thx so much for the Help! An admin can now lock this post as I received a working answer, thanks again

#6 Jaredthorn

Jaredthorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Ok I know I said it was fixed however now when I launch plex after putting "Unsupported Appstore Bundle" in the folder it crashes on startup, any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users