Photo

My file names don't work with the scanner.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 benmandude

benmandude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

I have all of my TV shows organized into folders by each show with all the episodes in the folder. Then I have them organized by season and episode in this format. S is the season EE is the episode number. SEE - TITLE.EXT. For the seasons that run over double digits it is SSEE.EXT. I need a scanner that can pick these up, but I don't know enough about scanners to write one on my own. If I could have some pointers or if someone is gracious enough to write one for me I would appreciate it so much.

#2 Trudge

Trudge

Gone off to greener pastures....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9403 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

I have all of my TV shows organized into folders by each show with all the episodes in the folder. Then I have them organized by season and episode in this format. S is the season EE is the episode number. SEE - TITLE.EXT. For the seasons that run over double digits it is SSEE.EXT. I need a scanner that can pick these up, but I don't know enough about scanners to write one on my own. If I could have some pointers or if someone is gracious enough to write one for me I would appreciate it so much.

HI,

You can see how Plex expects them to be named here -> http://wiki.plexapp....anization_Guide
Primary PMS: Ubuntu 13.10, i7-4771, 16GB Ram, Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
Media Storage: 2 x ReadyNas Pro Business 18TB mounted by NFS to Plex Server
Desktop Clients: 1 x Windows 7 27", 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 2 x17" MBP, 1 x 13" MB, 1 x13" MBA
Mobile Clients: 2 x iPhone 5s, 3 x iPhone 5, 3 x iPhone 4s, 3 x iPhone 4, 2 x iPad 3, 2 x iPad 2
Airplay & PlexConnect Targets: 4 x ATV3

#3 wallyps

wallyps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Is there any way to customize the scanner?

The software that I use to rip the movies to MP4 for Plex outputs the file name as:

THE_SNOWMAN_1982.Title2.m4v

Where Title2 is the specific playback option for that disc. It could be associated with a 4:3, 16:9, or a specific episode on a TV series.

I know that the scanner ignores The, and changes underscores to blanks. How can we get the scanner to ignore "Titlexx." when matching with imdb/etc?

#4 kaizidorfa

kaizidorfa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I had the same issue and wrote a powershell script to rename them for me, details are in this thread (it should probably be moved to this forum if a mod wouldn't mind).

Benmandude you can use www.regexr.com to edit it for your requirements but give me a shout if you need a hand. Wally if you can be more specific with your media (give me a few example filesnames) I'll see if it can be adapted to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users