7 replies to this topic

#1 Park_Triolo

Park_Triolo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hello everybody...

I love my setup with my 47" LG Smart TV. But there is one very annoying bug... almost every time I start a movie stream via ethernet from my plex media server on my iMac to my tv the movie starts, but after a few moments medialink crashes and turns off the TV. Then I try restarting medialink and strangely enough the movie now plays with no trouble at all. I thought it might be a buffering problem, but that is out of the question as I tried to use the built in DLNA on the TV, and that works perfectly every time. So it seems to be some sort of bug.

Does anyone have the same problem with their LG Smart TV???

Thanks in advance...

#2 worthmining

worthmining

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Never had such problem on my 55LM7600. But on my 47LM7600, still in the process making plex appears in medialink. Something very mysterious about how Plex works, yet media home can always been seen from LGs, except its interface is tasteless.

#3 slayernine

slayernine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I'm having this issue with my LG 47" LM6700

Only it might be a bit worse. If I connect my tv to the local network when the plex server is turned on the TV starts crashing every 10-15 seconds. It does this even when no input or application is selected.

If I disconnect the LAN cable or turn off my plex server it starts working again.

I really like plex but this is just perplexing...

#4 m4g1cm4n

m4g1cm4n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

I really like plex but this is just perplexing...

Pun intended?

#5 strat266

strat266

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

If I connect my tv to the local network when the plex server is turned on the TV starts crashing every 10-15 seconds. It does this even when no input or application is selected.

Hi.

So I'm not alone. I did an upgrade of the plex server yesterday and after a reboot today this happened on my LG 860V.

Try disabling all DNLA options in the mediamanager setup. Worked for me.

Good luck.

Oh, since this is my first post - hi everyone and a happy new year!

#6 matblack72

matblack72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Same issue for me

Plex Pass owners can vote on this bug here to try to get Plex to fix the bug, this will show them how vital a fix is whether it is a LG or Plex issue am am sure Plex can help us.

http://forums.plexap...g-tvs-to-reboot

#7 laurarsteiner

laurarsteiner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Not exactly the same problem. But I've installed Plex on my laptop, and the CBC channel on my server. The mediaLink on my TV is telling me: "The app you are using can't access this channel. Please make sure, you've got the latest version." The problem is, we have updated version of the channel. It's a 47 inch LG TV model number 47LV5400. And the "Medialink" can see the my video folder.

I'm thinking it's with set-up. And I think it's an easy fix. Am I right?

Please help,

Thanks,

-Laura

#8 abosgoed

abosgoed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hello everybody...

I love my setup with my 47" LG Smart TV. But there is one very annoying bug... almost every time I start a movie stream via ethernet from my plex media server on my iMac to my tv the movie starts, but after a few moments medialink crashes and turns off the TV. Then I try restarting medialink and strangely enough the movie now plays with no trouble at all. I thought it might be a buffering problem, but that is out of the question as I tried to use the built in DLNA on the TV, and that works perfectly every time. So it seems to be some sort of bug.

Does anyone have the same problem with their LG Smart TV???

Thanks in advance...

Same problem over here with 55LM670 LG TV, unloading Plex server on the iMac solved the problem
I will now install older version
actually installed newer Version 0.9.7.10.382 and no problems any more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users